Trouble doesn't come alone

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

agi

Trouble doesn't come alone

Post by agi »

"Trouble doesn't come alone" - this is a Hungarian saying.

I have mentioned I am having problems at work, and I am quite stressed because of it.
Two days ago my husband finally decided to go and see a doctor because of his constant stomach problems. What I found frightening was that he hadn't told me about his appointment, I met a colleague of his, and she asked me about it - that was the first time I heard that he was going to see a doc. :roll:
This morning he got the results. There are some more examinations to be done, but at the moment is seems that he has a tumor in his stomach. They said it's an early stage, hasn't spread in the lymphotic nodes (sp?), probably won't be operated on, and it is good that they foud it this early. We will know more on Tuesday. Still, it chilled my blood. :cry:
I think we are in for a hard time.
Work problems somehow seem less troubling suddenly. On the other hand, if he is going to be out of work for a while, I really need my job. :x
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
nettie

Re: Trouble doesn't come alone

Post by nettie »

Oh Agi I am so sorry to hear about your husbands health. I do hope it doesn't turn out very bad for you both and I am sending you positive thoughts and my best wishes.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh Agi! A big hug :hug: for you and your Husband. I hope that now you both know you will be able to talk about it. At least it's been found in the early stages.
I'm sending positive thoughts to you both. :rose: :rose:
valb58

Post by valb58 »

Dear Agi, sorry to hear about you husband's stoamch tumor. Thank goodness he went to the doctor and it was found while it is small. The have wonderful results these days following treatment.Thinking of you both and sending comforting Hugs :hug: :hug:
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Oh Agi I'm sorry to hear about that. Sending you both lots of positive karma. :hug:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Agi I am so sorry that youare having to deal with this. So glad that it is an early find and hopefully that means a quick fix and he will be fine. We are here if you need us to listen and we all send our heartfelt support for the both of you. :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Oh Agi, how frightening for you all, I wish there was some way of helping you through these very difficult times. we are here for you :wub:
Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

We have a saying that "bad things come in threes" so here's to hoping that it's not true. I wish you well.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Agi, I'm so sorry for your worrying news -- my very best wishes to you and your husband; and how lucky that they did find it early! I wish you both strength and comfort in the coming weeks, and the doctors wisdom in finding the best treatment for him.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

benceagi wrote: This morning he got the results. There are some more examinations to be done, but at the moment is seems that he has a tumor in his stomach. They said it's an early stage, hasn't spread in the lymphotic nodes (sp?), probably won't be operated on, and it is good that they foud it this early. We will know more on Tuesday. Still, it chilled my blood. :cry:
I think we are in for a hard time.
Work problems somehow seem less troubling suddenly. On the other hand, if he is going to be out of work for a while, I really need my job. :x
I understand how upset you feel :hug: but that's good news, Agi! It's been found early, it hasn't spread, and he won't need an operation! Very positive outlook!
:hug: :hug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

So sorry about your news. :hug: Big hugs to you and will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Hopefully finding it early will do the trick.
Linda
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Agi, I'm so sorry. It's obviously always a worry when you feel you only know half the story at the moment. I'm so glad that nothing has spread though and they seem positive about it all.
:hug:
I really hope everything goes well for your husband and that Tuesday brings better news for him.
Thinking of you.
:wub:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
mags

Post by mags »

Sorry to hear of your worries, Agi. Sending all my good wishes to you both :hug:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

big hugs Agi and to your husband also! glad they found it early though!!

and naughty Mr Agi for not telling Agi!
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's illness Agi, sending you both love and positive thoughts - hope it goes well on Tuesday.

Paula xx
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

I'm sorry to hear about your husband,Agi!!!! My SIL went thru something similar earlier this year. She had been having stomach problems, but didn't worry about it too much until she started having blood in her stools. It turned out that the tumor had caused a bleeding ulcer. They did surgery to remove it. The tumor was larger than they thought, and ended up removing about half of her stomach. It was not cancerous--she just has to go to 2 different doctors every 6 months for check-ups. She was small to start off with, but I'd be surprised if she weighs 100 pounds now. She's actually lost too much weight so they have her meeting with a dietician to work within her limits of what she can eat but still put on some weight. I'm not telling you this to scare you or anything!!! I can relate to what you are going through. Our prayers are with you!! It's great that it was caught early!! :hug: :hug:
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh for crying out LOUD. *filth foul foul filth foul filth* as the wonderful Bill Cosby once said. As if you don't have enough to deal with. Well, it's the usual thing: the more you know, the better you can decide what's best to do. You know I'm thinking of you.
irishstitcher

Post by irishstitcher »

:hug: Sorry to hear about ur husband Agi and your problems with work. Im so glad though hes found out about the tumor early. He probably didnt want to worry you thats why he didn't tell you about the appointment. Hope everything works out and all of us are here if you ever need to talk hun :grouphug:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
agi

Post by agi »

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Oh, I am sure he didn't tell me because he didn't want me to worry before we know anything. And now he tells me we should keep calm, and wait for the results, and then do what we have to do - he seems much calmer than I feel, but I am sure it's just a show for my sake.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

As all the others have said, Agi, I'm thinking of you. It has been caught early, so Mr Agi can be fixed up good as new, and then you can nag him about not telling you he was going to the doctors. Until then, you will be snuggled by all those who love you here to within an inch of your life. :hug: :grouphug:
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law