Why do you love cross stitching

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mdavids

Why do you love cross stitching

Post by mdavids »

My friends and I were discussing the various reasons why we each enjoyed cross stitching. If you could tell someone only one thing about cross stitching what would it be?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

How about this: it's a physically creative activity.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Why do I enjoy cross-stitching? Well it helps me to relax and gives me a sense of achievement when I complete a project.
Leppette

Post by Leppette »

What's not to love? It relaxes me, gives me a sense of acheivement when it's complete. It makes me feel creative because the chart is only a guide. I like the whole process from choosing the project, material and threads; right through to the framing whether it's wall frame or an aperture card. There are lots of different threads, materials and beads to use it stays interesting because it's so versitile. Plus there's the look on the face of someone you've made a gift for that makes it worth while too.

Lisa
:)
Lead me not into temptation; I can find all by myself.

mauveme

Post by mauveme »

All of the above :lol:
Linda
stitching

Post by stitching »

I agree with everyone. You are actually a artist with thread instead of paint :D
Enjoy Life One Stitch at a time!!!
photostitcher

Post by photostitcher »

I love cross-stitching because I find it relaxing and when it comes to my birthday or christmas everyone knows what to get me.

It makes life a lot easier for them and I am never let down by any present I get. :)
Rose

Post by Rose »

I agree with all of the other ladies and for me it is my time to relax and enjoy a time that I have fun doing and feel a creative energy. When a project is done and you look at it you get a excillerating feeling. It is a natural high.
bionic stitcher

Post by bionic stitcher »

I love cross stitch, when I'm feeling low it cheers me up and takes me into another world. :D
Happy stitching
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Cross stitch makes me feel like an artist. I can't draw a straight line but I feel like I have created something beautiful with just a needle and thread.
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Well i can not think of anything to add as i agree with everyone
Becca

Post by Becca »

I agree with everyone else, it's extremely rewarding as you know how much effort went into creating something so beautiful.
thecrossstitchlady

Post by thecrossstitchlady »

hello
cross stitch has helped me in a lot of ways i find it very theraputic it got me through some very difficult years including the loss of my little brother from an overdose i try to teach as many people as i can as i belive cross stitching should be available on prescription from your doctor
hugs jayne
wendywombat

Re: Why do you love cross stitching

Post by wendywombat »

mdavids wrote:My friends and I were discussing the various reasons why we each enjoyed cross stitching. If you could tell someone only one thing about cross stitching what would it be?
I started stitching to help me relax. I used to read to achieve that end whilst I was nursing. I always felt that it was a waste of time until I found cross-stitch. I was then able to have a result to my relaxation and not feel guilty :!: Now I relax all the time :D Long live stitching
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I have another great reason--stitchers are the best. I have met so many great people online through stitching. Keeps me notivated seeing what everyone else is working on. :D
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

That is so true everyone here is so supportive even when it does not concern cross stitch and i have met and talk with several people i have met through this board. My only wich would be to get everyone together for a convention somewhere and met the people face to face and just to hang out and stitch

Debbie