Hurricane Matthew Urgh

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Hurricane Matthew Urgh

Post by rcperryls »

This is definitely not going to be a good day and it is probably going to get worse! We are under a mandatory evacuation since I live only about 5 miles from the coast. After a very difficult day yesterday we were able to get motel rooms for me and Laverne, Judy and David (daughter and son who I have mentioned a bit before) about 200 miles away since everything within 175 miles was already booked. Rooms are for tonite, tomorrow and Friday. They were booked Saturday but they didn't matter because the storm was going to be gone. But it slowed down. So am going to play the "where do I go Saturday? game. Might end up at my granddaughter's which is still too close but 60 miles inland which is better than 5. Judy and David are planning to leave tomorrow. I am sure Karen is watching this very slowly and may also be on the move. But thought I'd let y'all know if you don't hear from me in a while that's why. I have packed some stitching to go, and of course lots of food and treats and litter for her highness, though she is going to be so mad it is going to be a long ride. She isn't fond of cars or carriers.

My heart goes out to all those who have been struck by this storm, especially those in Haiti which has seen so many disasters in recent years. I cannot begin to imagine what they have been through. Anyway, I'm sure I will be around today and then when I get situated whenever and wherever that is I will be back.

Carole
:tantrum:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Re: Hurricane Matthew Urgh

Post by richardandtracy »

Good luck, hope there's no damage when you get back.

All the best

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Take care all of you! I've been watching this, thinking of you and Karen. Our neighbours are on holiday at the moment in Florida, in Orlando and also on the Gulf Coast on an island.

Big :grouphug: to you all and I hope, like Richard that you don't come back to devastation :x: !
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hope Saturday will be clear for you to go back, to a home still standing and ready to welcome you in!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thanks for your wishes. We will need them.
wendywombat wrote:Our neighbours are on holiday at the moment in Florida, in Orlando and also on the Gulf Coast on an island.
Not sure about Orlando, but I think this time round, depending on which island off the Gulf Coast and how far south it is, is probably a safer spot than Orlando. We've had a few scares in the past 26 years since Hurricane Hugo made landfall directly over our heads. It reached a category 5 but was a 4 when it landed on us. We stayed. One of the dumber things I have done in my life. We had almost no damage but that was a miracle. After this I will be more than happy to wait another 26 years. I'll be 94 then and probably not have a clue or won't care. :roll:

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Glad you are being sensible and not fighting to stay put. We get storms, but NOTHING like that, and the cat is just gonna hafta deal! Take care, and we'll be keeping your usual place at the Stash & Grab warm for your return. :sun: :hug: :toast:
fccs

Post by fccs »

I was thinking about you and Karen and this hurricane. I'm glad you and Laverne and the family have a safe place to. Keep us updated as you can and stay safe. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for you and everyone in Matthew's path.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Good luck, I hope everything will be ok for you .
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Midge

Post by Midge »

Stay safe carole!
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

Thinking of you. Stay safe
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Stay safe Carole and Karen and I pray that you return to find no damage and have power on again at the house. It certainly is a horror storm by the sounds of it. It was on our evening news last night. Tuppy sends Miss Lavern a quiet purr to help her settle down. :grouphug: :pray: :thumbsup:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Be safe, hope Laverne copes and my best wishes and biggest hugs.

Niki xxx

Ps, I've put this in the stashmas thread but I'll repeat it here, any Stashmas queries or issues to me please, and as I do have issues with thenpm system you can always get me on CirrusCreations@gmail.com" target="_blank
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Stay safe, Carole. I'm located on the west part of Florida, near Tampa, and so far Matthew isn't supposed to be too bad for us in this area---but that all depends on if it stays on its current path. If it takes a westerly turn then most of our state will be in the path. Here's keeping our fingers crossed Matthew takes a sudden easterly turn!!! And soon!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

From here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you have my heartfelt prayers. Still working our way out from under all the flood damage and desperately praying that Matthew doesn't come full circle and make his way into the Gulf on his second pass. It looks unlikely, but down here we're all hoping he'll shift a bit east again and then go on out into the Atlantic to die an ignoble death.
lcamp

Post by lcamp »

Best wishes for you all from the coast of Mississippi! Stay safe! Hope your home is damage free when you return.

LindaC
stitchhappy18

Post by stitchhappy18 »

I hope you, your family, and your home stay safe.
Lisa

Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks

2016 Finishes

Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
Rosheen

Post by Rosheen »

Good luck, stay safe and hopefully you can return to the same house that you had to leave. :hug:
Love,
Hilde

=====================================================================
Carole

Post by Carole »

I've just been looking at the projected path and was thinking about Carole and Karen.

Hope you're both safe and that Matthew takes that eastward turn.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Weedaisy

Post by Weedaisy »

I'm in Florida, just trying to breathe deeply and get some stitching done (after I'm done here).
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Wringers crossed for you Karen. We left Charleston at 11pm last night and got,to our hotel at 2:30. Which was great time. Just north of Charlotte North Carolina. Laverne didn't love,the ride but she is doing much better today. It's a very nice Quality Inn. Laverne and I are on the pet friendly floor. David and Judy are on the not pet friendly floor. Hunters ille is,a lovely town. There's a great shopping center across the road and we've already been to target. Had dinner at a wonderful Irish Pub. And are in waiting mode. Everyone in our family has found safe places. I'm about 5 miles from the coast and back up to a tidal creek which is my main worry. Took,three,of,my husbands paintings,with but had to leave so many b hind. I have a lot of neighbors and friends who,stayed. And I'm worried about them. I've been through a cat 4. Hurricane Hugo made a direct on us in 1989. We were in the eye of the storm for a little over45 minutes. Weedaisy stay safe. Are you in Matthews path? Thank you all for,your thoughts and prayers. Karen you stay,safe,too.

Carole
:tantrum: :tizzy: :(

Ps. Excuse the typing. I am on my iPad and have a kitty helping me. My heart aches for,the people in Haiti. My prayers are most definitely for them. If,I,lose my house and things I'm still so much better off. They can be replaced.
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat