Hello

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Crystarra

Hello

Post by Crystarra »

Hello,

I have been cross stitching for quite awhile, but am fairly slow. I also start projects, then put them down, and later start new ones. This year, i am going to work hard at finishing all the projects I have started (my new year's resolution). I have mostly stitched from Dimensions kits. I love the shading and depth that they provide.

Another one of my goals is to cross stitch something special for everyone in my family. For the most part, I have the kits/patterns picked out. Unfortunately, once I get done with a project, i sort of feel reluctant to give it away!

I have some questions and I am looking to perhaps branch out of Dimensions kits and would love to hear opinions. Thank you for your forum!
Squirrel

Re: Hello

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi and Welcome from me in warm and steamy Brisbane, so glad you have joined us. Good luck with your resolution to finish your UFO's (unfinished objects/stitching) .
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: I think most of us are guilty of starting lots of new projects and not finishing them. Good luck with your resolution :D I look forward to seeing some of them :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Welcome to the forum, from the Misissippi Gulf Coast! :whoop:

I'm a one-at-a-timer, so I can't share your dilemma, but I wish you luck on your resolution. :) Pictures! We want to see pictures!

WIP
tiathyme

Post by tiathyme »

Welcome! I love stitching Dimension kits, I started out with them and still go back every so often. :) They're just so detailed. They can be pretty complex too! If you're comfortable stitching Dimensions you should be right to tackle anything.

What kinds of scenes do you like stitching? Animals, landscapes, people?
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

:wave: Hello and welcome :D
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Ask any questions that you want to. Someone here will either know the answer or know where to find the answer. I hope you will post pictures of your work for us to see. We love pictures!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. Please do share pictures of your work and ask any questions that arise.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

A belated welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome from North Wales. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
1bulletburner

Post by 1bulletburner »

Hello and welcome from Michigan. :wave:

I just started myself. I taught myself from this site and YouTube. This site is amazing and everyone is so helpful. :whoop:

I fell in love with Mystic Stitch and Heaven and Earth Designs because they are all a simple stitch "x". However, they are really big and take a bit of time but very beautiful. Also others here have told me that Kustom Krafts and Artecy Cross Stitch are also simple stitch all "x". I get Mystic Stitch from Everything Cross Stitch. Mystic Stitch does have its own site as well. I have included some links for you. I hope they work.

Best wishes

http://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/my ... aspx?k2=y5" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://www.mysticstitch.com/index.php?m ... ts_id=1150" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank - This is the project I am working on. I ordered it from Everything Cross Stitch. But this is the Mystic Stitch site.
http://www.kustomkrafts.com/shop/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://www.artecy.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Susan

W.I.P
Light House of Dreams - Mystic Stitch