DESPERATELY need help with (simple, I think) pattern

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

beaverolindy

DESPERATELY need help with (simple, I think) pattern

Post by beaverolindy »

Hi! I'm a novice cross stitcher, newbie (if that) pattern maker - and I'm desperate. Chances are I just don't know the ropes well enough, but PCStitch isn't giving me the results I'm hoping for in trying to make a pattern from the image in question, even though I think it should be simple enough (black and white, charicature). I want to do this for my friend's birthday in a week, so I'm in great need and would happily PayPal $10 to the person who could help create a decent pattern out of the following image (half stitches for the thinner lines would be great).

As for dimensions I'm thinking of using 14 or 16ct. aida and having a height of approx. 10 inches (doesn't have to be exact at all, just somewhere along those lines) and whichever width is required to match it. My eternal gratitude will be immeasurable if someone can help.

Serinde

Re: DESPERATELY need help with (simple, I think) pattern

Post by Serinde »

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. Are you by any chance the Beaver O'Lindy of the blog? (And presumably a Sunday Girl?)

I'm sure there are folk around here who can help, but it's my business to ask if the line drawing is public domain. Copyright is a pain, but we don't want to be shut down by an irate owner!

Skitzzzzz might be a good port of call; you can pm her from this site, by finding either an older post or finding her name in the lists of members.
beaverolindy

Post by beaverolindy »

Thank you SO much, Serinde! Not the same Beaver, but I did a quick google and if you mean the Blogspot blog then I actually do know her (online anyway)! :) We're both enormous Sparks fans (hence the shared name) and the line drawing is actually of band member Ron Mael, making the whole thing come full circle. As for the drawing it's public domain/drawn by a friend's father for this purpose, so no need to worry about copyright issues.

Definitely going to PM Skitzzzzz, and again - thank you so much!
skitzzzzz

Post by skitzzzzz »

hi sent you my email get in touch
W.I.P
Still Life with Roses GK
Frost GK

http://www.facebook.com/skitzzzzz" target="_blank" target="_blank
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! That looks like an interesting design for stitching. Hope that you will post pictures of your progress. skitzzzzz does an amazing job so I know what you end up with will be fantastic!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
beaverolindy

Post by beaverolindy »

rcperryls wrote::wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! That looks like an interesting design for stitching. Hope that you will post pictures of your progress. skitzzzzz does an amazing job so I know what you end up with will be fantastic!

Carole
:D
Hi, and thank you! I'll absolutely post pictures (despite my performance anxiety, being relatively new to cross-stitching and having lurked around here and seen how incredibly talented you guys are). I can't wait to see what skitzzzzz comes up with, I have complete faith :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Understand your anxiety, but every single one of us was a "newbie" too. I only wish that there had been a forum like this when I was first starting. I've learned more in the last four years on the forum than in the 20+ years before that. And ask any questions you might have. Someone here will know the answer or have a good idea of where to go to find the answer.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote:Understand your anxiety, but every single one of us was a "newbie" too. I only wish that there had been a forum like this when I was first starting. I've learned more in the last four years on the forum than in the 20+ years before that. And ask any questions you might have. Someone here will know the answer or have a good idea of where to go to find the answer.

Carole
Carole's right - don't be shy. I've only been on the forum for a couple years or so and I've learned soooo much - and I've been stitching longer than Carole has. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
beaverolindy

Post by beaverolindy »

Thanks so much, guys! And you were entirely correct, Skitzzzzz made a GREAT pattern for me and I'm so very grateful. Also a huge thank you to Serinde for pointing me in the right direction! I can't wait to get started, and I hope I get it done by my friend's birthday. I probably won't, but it's worth waiting for, I think :ribbit:

In the meantime, here's my last stitch project: Morrissey (please pardon the poor image quality and the wrinkliness, I was just testing the frame size when I took this)

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Firstly Hi :wave: and Welcome from me too in lovely damp Brisbane. We actually have some rain after weeks of none and its great.

So glad that Skitzzzzz is able to help with the charting for you and your stitching of Morrissey is really great. Well Done and :x: for a speedy stitching of your latest WIP.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Although I am not able to help you with your question I wanted to say Hello & welcome to this forum. The Morrissey is lovely & I look forward to seeing more of your work on here :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Never be afraid to ask a question. Someone is bound to have the answer.I have learnt so much since joining :applesauce: :wave:
beaverolindy

Post by beaverolindy »

Phew! It's been a while and sadly I've been so super busy with school I haven't been able to get a lot of stitching done (and nowhere near in time for my friend's birthday :( ) but I've had this weekend off and now I'm on my way! :dance:

Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Brilliant!!!

Nxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
fccs

Post by fccs »

Fabulous start!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love it!!! This is one of those designs that makes me smile!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

That's gonna look cool!
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
beaverolindy

Post by beaverolindy »

Well it took a LOT longer than I'd hoped, but it's finally done and in the hands of its very pleased recipient :D

A MASSIVE thanks to skitzzzzz, I literally couldn't have done it without you!

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Awesome, simply awesome!!!! What a wonderful finish!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: awesome! :applesauce:

WIP