the adventure finally begins!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Russophile

the adventure finally begins!

Post by Russophile »

I'm now *mostly* finished the jade angel on the MarBek Nativity. I just have a little pearl to fill in on the wings, and backstitching in Kreinik "confetti" (I think that's what it's called). I will send pics as soon as I'm back at home. Spending the week at MIL's house in sunny FL, but she has no wifi, so I can't upload either the pic I snuck of the P. Buckley Moss we did for her 20 years ago, or any pics I might take with the iPad (which are too grainy anyway).

So now, figuring I would come to this point, I have started on the Lavender & Lace (MLI) Angel of Christmas. I bought myself a round-the-neck magnifier, without which I'd have no prayer. I also put in a basting line to mark the horizontal & vertical center. I gave myself permission to count every 10 instead of every 20, because YOW! 32 count not-very-even weave linen!! I think the 32 is only an average, lol. :tizzy:

Still, I just LOVE starting new WIP's!! :dance:
fccs

Re: the adventure finally begins!

Post by fccs »

Russophile wrote: Still, I just LOVE starting new WIP's!! :dance:
Me, too! (And I'm looking forward to the promised pics when you get home.)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

:dance: :dance: is in your future. Congrads. Aqq looking forward in seeing your progress and finished. :dance: :dance:
My 1st 2015 finish, Feb. b/d teacup posie will be finished tomorrow. Can't stitch today, as "baby-sitting" B/H after he had the "vein" surgery done this morn. He can be back to his "old routine" tomorrow. :whoop: :whoop:

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Starting a new WIP is definitely exciting and FUN! 32ct, well, you'll get used to it. Honest. And the finish is, well, remarkable.