Finishing off the year with some more finishes! 30 December

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Mrs Milkybar Kid

Finishing off the year with some more finishes! 30 December

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Hello Everyone - long time no speak! I have been absent for a while, but a lovely forum member sent me a little nudge over the weekend so I thought I would give posting a try again and see how I go :D . As a few of you know I have become a YouTube stitcher and am quite active on Instagram which I have found to be a great source of inspiration. This board seems quieter than it used to be, but I cant really say anything as I haven't posted anything myself for quite a while! Here are my finishes so far this year, some you may have seen but I couldn't remember what I have shown :) :
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
And here is where I am with my WIPs:
ImageImageImageImage
So that is you all caught up on my stitching exploits - I shall try and be more active on here and catch up with you all :wub: !
Last edited by Mrs Milkybar Kid on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Squirrel

Re: Catching Up.......

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: How wonderful to see you posting again Amanda and what gorgeous stitching you have been doing whilst away. What a fantastic collection of finished ones - Modern Artists is a cutie and so nice and bright and Pride & Prejudice is fabulous.

Great to see another Chatelaine underway, rather a different one this I think; Love Red Riding Hood too.

Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous stitching with us again. :tizzy: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: :wave: Well Hi again!!

I often wonder what happends to 'former forum' members...now I know!!

Nice stitching BTW! :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: It is so good to see you on here again. You have been sorely missed. I saw one of your Youtube videos and it was very well done. And your updates are definitely beautiful. The samplers are gorgeous and you know that I am still in the process of working on my "Twisted Band". Did you know there will be a companion piece to that one? Thanks to you I have been hooked on Northern Expressions. I'm waiting on a companion piece to Twisted Band as well as the Birthstone series which should be completed by the fall (I sent Nicole an email asking about these designs and received a lovely email back from her). Definitely can see how busy you have been but hope that you will check in with us here a little more often.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Carole :whoop: ! I hope you and the girls are doing well! I have the supplies ready and waiting for Twisted Rainbow, I've seen Nicole's sneak peeks and they are gorgeous - as soon as that design goes up on Etsy I shall be snapping it up and getting started on it :D ! Now you know what I look and sound like :oops: .......
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I haven't seen a sneak peek but I'm sure it is beautiful. If you see it before I do, please let me know. I'm more than halfway through Twisted Band but was determined to finish a page of one of my HAEDs (Shiver Meow Timbers), but that one is going slower than it should. And this is the HAEDless SAL week so I have a good excuse to take a break!

Carole
:dance:

ps You look great on your videos. I mostly stay away from those or I would truly never get any stitching done. The housework is a lost cause :oops:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mrs Milkybar Kid

I will make sure I let you know Carole - it should be released early next month fingers crossed! I have been remiss with the HAEDless SAL for a few months. I'm doing the themed one this week as I am plugging away at Dafodils - it is very slow going, I am trying to resist the lovely block stitching on the adjacent pages and staying strong stitching the confetti......... :roll: !
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

It is soooooooooo wonderful to hear from you again, and haven't you been the busy stitcher!!! I love all of your projects---especially red riding hood!!! As for the companion piece to the twisted band sampler---I too, have seen a few sneak previews of it and I CAN'T wait for it to be released---it's sure to be one of my upcoming projects very soon!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Where have y'all seen the sneak preview? I didn't see it on the Etsy site and couldn't figure out how to find her on Facebook. I'm not very good on Facebook.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
imogenX

Post by imogenX »

Yay Amanda! I found your YouTube channel last week and was going to send you a message, too. I think I was looking for videos on how to stitch faster, and clicked on another "suggested" video, and it was you! It made my day, and boosted my stitchy bug :dance:

Everything looks amazing - and now I am eagerly awaiting the Primitive Hare's return from vacation so I can buy her Early Witches Mystery SAL (https://www.etsy.com/listing/192905462/ ... ly-witches) :whoop:

Great work! Please keep in touch, or give us links to your YouTube channel and Instagram, so we can all cyber-stalk you ;)
-Imogen

Current WIPs
HAED SK Some Enchanted Evening
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Animal Alphabet SAL (Anna Gutova for Artmishka)
Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2021
Wonders of the Solar System SAL (Climbing Goat Designs)
Gnomes (Designs by Gloria & Pat)
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Hey Megan how are you! I love Isabella's designs (as you can tell!) and I've seen the SAL being stitched up on FB, it does look amazing! If you have several hours to spare ha ha my YouTube channel is Mrs Milkybar Kid - but you are under no obligation to watch me witter on! I'm @mrsmilkybarkidstitches on Instagram, it's a public account so feel free to follow me if you like! Are you still working on your HAED or something else exciting?
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

imogenX

Post by imogenX »

My HAED is what killed my stitchy bug :cry: Since it was intended as a gift with an impossible deadline, I gave up for awhile.

Your video about HAEDs brought me some inspiration, though. (Truly!) I finished a small project yesterday, and will start the JE mystery SAL tonight or tomorrow (when my stash arrives), but I might pick up Autumn Owl again. Or start a new HAED... Or Mirabilia... :oops: Either way, I'm getting back into it! :dance: :dance: :tizzy:

Since I seem to stitch very slowly, seeing work by stitchers like you helps keep the bug alive! :wub:
-Imogen

Current WIPs
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Mrs Milkybar Kid

I'm glad your bug is coming back! I find as soon as I have a set deadline for something, it magically diminishes my desire to stitch on that piece! I also think comparison is the thief of joy - it doesn't matter how fast you stitch as long as you enjoy it :D . You could always join in on the Mirabilia SAL I'm starting in January.......just sayin'....... :whistle:
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

imogenX

Post by imogenX »

Mrs Milkybar Kid wrote:You could always join in on the Mirabilia SAL I'm starting in January.......just sayin'....... :whistle:
See - this is why we need you! To enable us! :lol:
-Imogen

Current WIPs
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome back and with such wonderful updates!!!!! It is so great to see all that you have been stitching and to hear about the You Tube vids. What great stuff.

PS summer always see the board go a bit quite with everyone in the garden or at the beach or on vacation. But once school starts back up the board gets more and more busy.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Hei Amanda! Glad to see you back on the forum :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

MrsMBK! :whoop: Great to see you back. I'll definitely check out the YouTube stuff. It's fun!
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

How nice to hear from you! I don't post very often, but I've been aware that you were missing. You were always one of my favorite posters.

Glad to know you are well and your stitching is gorgeous as always!

blessings,

:wub:
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Karen :whoop: ! I totally missed your comment yesterday (blame it on the new format :) ) - yes VERY excited for Twisted Rainbow as you know. Will check out your SALs, hoping you are/have been stitching some JEs in my absence!

Carole you can find the NEN group on FB here - I would hate for you to miss out :D !

Rose and Serinde thank you for the welcome back! I shall try and be a good stitcher and post more frequently

Orietta :wave: :D

Pattie lovely to here from you too :wub: !
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

You've been busy! Gorgeous finishes there.
Myst..