A new craft room!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Fizzbw

A new craft room!!

Post by Fizzbw »

As you might know I live with my parents due to ill health. My bedroom has become ridiculously crowded so finally my mum is clearing me a space in my brothers old room which has been filled with my gran's old stuff. There will still be some in there but I will get a big table, most of two Billys and wall space :)

This is how it looks now:

I have a lot of work to do and I'll do it slowly so I don't damage myself but I am very excited about it. I won't use it for actually stitching in, but will store all my stash there, my sewing machine and it means I can start doing my decoupage again as it doesn't fill up the dining room!!

Any suggestions for storage solutions? I have two plastic sets of draws and can put up some more shelves if needed.

I knew you lot would understand my excitement....of course my dad thinks it means I'll have less "junk" aka stash in the living room....I fear I may just expand to fit the space.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
bookknurd

Re: A new craft room!!

Post by bookknurd »

That's great! I wish that I had hope of a craft room (or even a designated craft area) anytime soon.

Enjoy your new space!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

This is going to be great, having more space means getting more stash. Enjoy.
Rose

Post by Rose »

No real suggestions except for more plastic drawers, but isn't it fun to plan out your storage plans and have space for all of it where you can get to it easier.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

YAY! I would probably have lots more plastic drawers. I love them because they are so easy and I can move the drawers around also. And more space for more stash!!! Sounds great to me!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Fizzbw wrote:
I knew you lot would understand my excitement....of course my dad thinks it means I'll have less "junk" aka stash in the living room....I fear I may just expand to fit the space.....

Niki xxx
Yeah, dad's got a lot to learn. :-)

How nice that you get more space. I really like to be able to see things without opening containers and drawers, so I like the idea of clear plastic bins. Plus, they look pretty with all the nice colors showing through.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Yep. Love that I got my "old" sewing room back about 10 years ago, a Mother's Day gift from B/H and youngest daughter, after having it put together as a bedroom for our oldest when she got "too big" to sleep in same room with her 2 sisters, in 1989. Then after she left home, it went to the next one, and then finally to youngest.
On storage ideas, IMO, it depends on what you have the "most" in your "stash, as to what you will need. I have several storage systems for my stash. From 2, 7 drawer wheeled carts, holding my 7, 3 ring binders for all my DMC thread collection, to our youngest daughter's toy chest, that her dad made for her 1st Christmas, 1985, and she didn't want anymore as a adult, which holds 3 plastic bin categorized pattern magazines, to 2 of those "vacuum" bag zipper totes, 1 for another set of organized magazine baby/wedding patterns, and the 2nd, holding my framing items.
So let your imagination take you "around the world" in storage ideas and enjoy doing it all yourself, no matter how long it takes. :applesauce: :applesauce:

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:lol: :applesauce: :applesauce: How wonderful Nikki and what fun you are going to have plotting it all out. Sorry to you Dad, he has no idea what is in store does he. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Now THAT is rather nice!

I do so love Billy in all his variations! I have a wall of him in my study.

You can get rather vivid blue plastic boxes in Poundland which I am using for loose stuff. Like keys for customers who haven't used us in years, and have probably moved away.

Unfortunately I can't dedicate the study to stitching and crafts as I have a business to run! Which means discussions about where my stitching stuff is to go <sigh>
Nimble stitch

Post by Nimble stitch »

How exciting and fun for you to put together. Plastic drawers are very good as you can get them in such pretty colours now. Have fun and don't forget pictures when finished :D
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

It looks really like a fun project! can't wait to see pictures too :dance: :dance:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
curly sue

Post by curly sue »

How exciting for you!

I mostly use clear plastic tubs on coated wire shelves. My stuff is well organized, but I sure need to clear some things out!
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Yes it's very exciting! I'll sort it out slowly so I don't damage myself but I'm looking forward to being able to do some "me time" in there as well :)

Hopefully I'll be able to go into town next week (parents on holiday now for a week) and get some more plastic draws. I've been saving som nice cardboard boxes as well.

Of course I'm going to have to have something hanging on the wall in there.....

Nxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Hetty1989

Post by Hetty1989 »

WOW this looks fab! I have got quite a few plastic drawers for all my stuff I definitely think they are the way to go!

Hope you enjoy your new crafty room
Heather
x