Wedding.... FINISHED 14th August

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Angel

Wedding.... FINISHED 14th August

Post by Angel »

Once again, I'd like to thank Karen for sending me the most perfect chart! It was so perfect that I simply couldn't resist starting it. I had a look through my fabric hoping that I had a piece of white linen that was big enough...I didn't, but I had some peach aida that Chris said was perfect, so I decided to use that.

Anyway, I started it late last night, wheile Chris was playing Halo and through one episode of a TV show, so I didn't get very far. I also discovered that I had all the colours for the tiny sections, but none for the big bits :P So it's a good thing that I'm off to hobbycraft at the weekend.

Last edited by Angel on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 37 times in total.
gyork

Re: Wedding Sampler WIP

Post by gyork »

Angel, this looks lovely, what is the finished piece ?

:D
Gillian

W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
Angel

Post by Angel »

It will have to be a surprise as there's no finished sample, just the chart. So I can't show you what it will look like as I can't post the chart.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well we will just have to watch it grow then and wait for the finished result. This means you'll get lots of :poke: of course, as we'll all be so curious! :P
Good start!
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
gyork

Post by gyork »

like surprises so look forward to seeing it
Gillian

W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

You've made a beautiful start on it, Angel! Looking forward to watching it progress! :applesauce:
Pam
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Wow Angel! I'm really impressed--I guess that chart definitely was meant to go to you!! Great start on it and I can't wait to see the next update on it!! Hope you are able to get the needed threads this weekend! Sorry there wasn't a picture to go with the chart, but that makes it that much more exciting to watch grow! :D
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe it really was meant to be. Thank you. I'm not really bothered about seeing a finished picture as the chart itself is perfectly clear anyway and my mean side is actually going to delight in making everyone wait to see it finished bwahahaha :lol: Thank you.

hehe pokes are more than welcome. I've got to find some threads for my mum on Saturday. She's running low for a kit but she has no idea what the thread numbers are other than the kit mentions that they're DMC so she's going to bring them to me and see if I can find the numbers and if not, I'm pretty good at matching them by eye now, so I'll do that. And as we're going to hobbycraft they have the full DMC range, albeit very expensive, but the full range. Maybe, If I'm a good girl, my mommy will just pay for them too as a thank you ^_^
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:lol: :lol: our own Angel has a dark side it seems--haha as if!!
Sounds like fun trying to match up the needed threads for your mom's kit, but hopefully it won't be too difficult--great plan to get her to pay for your threads though--shame that they are so pricey--I'm spoiled as our local craft store carries them for a fair price--but they don't have much of a fabric selection at all--typical :lol:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe careful telling me that, I may wind up making puppy dog eyes and asking you to send me some :P At hobby craft they're about a pound each! My LNS has the full DMC set too at only 85p each, which is still expensive, but I've yet to find cheaper. It's really annoying because they were so much cheaper when I started stitching, which isn't even that long ago!

haha ok, dark may be the wrong word...how about puckish? I have a Puckish side ^_^ And ten points to those of you who know what that means :P
Lili

Post by Lili »

pretty start! waiting for see more :wub:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Yikes that's a lot to pay for threads--I'm truly spoiled in that aspect--but have to order anything other than the standard dmc threads. Puckish, doesn't that mean something like spritelike? :roll:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Angel

Post by Angel »

Yeah, I know right? I don't understand why they're so expensive either. Still, that's the price we pay for our craft. How much do you pay? *Is aware that she's going to regret asking*

hehe it's a Shakesphearian reference. There's a character called Puck in a Midsummer Nights dream. He's a mischevious, a sort of fairy...One character had the name saying something like bottom....so Puck gave him an Ass's head...because it seemed like fun...
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Puckish also means mischievous, so I guess that fits with you keeping us all hanging on! :P :lol:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Angel

Post by Angel »

Yeah, that's why it means mischevious, before shakespheare, the word Puck simply meant nature sprite or something similar, it's only since the character Puck that the term puckish meant mischevious and only because it refers to the character not the general pucks.

Bwahaha *scampers away to make queens fall in love with asses*
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Impish definitely was the word I was looking for--just didn't quite have enough caffeine in my system yet--brain is still waking up :lol:
Our floss runs about 37 cents a skein, which is roughly 25p converted to pounds :wink:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Angel

Post by Angel »

Envious is the word I'm going to use now :P
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

You really should considering ordering from one of the US sites--pretty sure that 123stitch sells them for 44 cents per skein and I think they do ship internationally :D
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Angel

Post by Angel »

I used to have a floss mom, which was great because she'd go to all the sales for me and get them for like 3p. But she doesn't do it anymore. I really should look into the sites though, I just haven't got around to it yet.
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

:applesauce: