Ravelry

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

SusanF

Ravelry

Post by SusanF »

I wish there was a resource like this for cross stitch and embroidery :( :( :( :( It's an amazing database of everything to do with knitting and crochet. In your personal space, you can add all your projects and keep track of your stash. It holds info on a huge number of patterns, both free and to purchase and it's so easy to search for what you are looking for. I don't suppose anyone has ever come across anything similar for stitchers??
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Naomi100

Re: Ravelry

Post by Naomi100 »

I Do the odd bit of knitting,Ravelry is great for free patterns. A site like this for cross stitch would be great! :roll:
hada56

Post by hada56 »

There's a group for cross stitchers on Ravelry, although a small one.
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Wow that's amazing! :shock: Maybe one day cross-stitch will have something like...hopefully in my lifetime :wink:
Faith
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

it is a fantastic site don't visit as much as i should,doing more cross stitch lately than knitting
kimberlina

Post by kimberlina »

Susan,

I totally agree! I wish there were something like Ravelry for stitchers. If and when it comes along, I'm there!

Kim
koko

Post by koko »

Totally agree! My sister is a knitter and is on Ravelry 24/7! I'm so jealous! I think she said it was started by a woman and her husband - the woman is a knitter & her husband is a web designer of some sort, they started it as a small operation and now with all the traffic it has become their full-time job! There are a lot of cool features for example my sister made me a "February Lady" sweater and she could search by that pattern and see all the other users making the same sweater. It was really cool to see all the different variations in size, color & other customizations people made. I would love to have something like that for cross stitching!
Kim

2011 Projects:

Current:
Floral Hand-Towels
Various Christmas Cards / Presents

Long-Term WIP's:
Chatelaine Hummingbird Mandala
Dunnotar Castle - 23,718 of 60,368 stitches
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

I enjoy knitting, although I often do cross stitch in preference, but I haven't found this yet :D I don't know if it's good or bad :wink: Thank you for the link!! and yes, I agree, It would be nice to have a stitcher site similar. Perhaps some of the members could team up and start something like it? :thinks: hmm...
:D smiley :D

WIP:
Still :shock:

snoopy birth present
knitting: witty knits, santa

2010 Finishes:
UFO: popcorn holding blankie
I love my pony, Linda Gillum
Cute Kitten, Adam Pescott
Mouse in race car, Lucie Heaton
Hi mom (golden retrievers), Linda Gillum