Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

karen4bells

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome back!!! :wave:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

happiegirl

Post by happiegirl »

:whoop: hello hello!!! It feels so nice to be back, thank you, and I'm excited to start stitching again!!! Please join me in the S&G so we can celebrate together!!!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Great to have you back again. Yes I will join you in the Stash & Grab, a cold ginger ale for me please and a slice of the celebration cake too.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in the comping weeks and months Happygirl.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back!!!! It is so very nice to meet you!! Do we look a lot different?? I'm glad you remembered your password. I doubt that I would have been able to after 1 year, let alone 10. Off to Stash & Grab to join the party. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
happiegirl

Post by happiegirl »

Thank you for the warm re-welcome, you are all so sweet and quirky in a fantastic way :wub: I look forward as well to getting to know all of you better... I'm in the process of moving but once I get settled hopefully I can get back to more stitching and able to post some pics :tizzy:
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hello everyone! Do you remember little old peacock-a-holic me? I hope so.
I haven’t read back yet about what happened but I have found you again and managed to log back in.i did try to join the Facebook group but my request to join is still pending so I kind of forgot about it.
I haven’t stitched for over a year because we got a new puppy - who is adorable but a right pain in the bum if I want to do anything that isn’t with her - anyway, a dear friend of mine asked if I’d complete a sampler for her and off I go again. She is slowly going blind and now can’t do cross stitch on regular fabrics (she can do 11ct) and this was a christening sampler for her god child. I of course said yes and am trying to find an hour or so in an evening when Inca is tired and so far, so good. The good thing is that my bug is back and I’m itching to get back to some of my long running projects. A good sign right!
I Hope you’ll have me back and now I’m going to have a look around and see who has been doing what xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: :whoop: Midge!!

WELCOME BACK!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
A new Puppy :puppy: is a good excuse to take time off from stitching!
You are sure to find plenty of us 'oldies' here and a good selection of Newbies too.
SO! Happy to see you back with us again!
A sampler, I think, is a great way of re-discovering your stitching Bug and the fact that you are doing it for a friend AN Even BETTER REASON! :whoop: :whoop: :toast: :toast:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back Midge :wave: and hello Inca!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :toast: :toast: :whoop:
Of course we remember you and are so happy that you are back! And a new fur baby is always an understandable reason for not being able to stitch. Last May I got a rescue cat and hadn't been doing any real stitching until recently myself. Took a lot of time and patience to help her get used to her new surroundings. Now she thinks she's the boss and does allow some stitching time.

I think your working on the baby sampler is wonderful and know your friend is so very grateful to you for doing this. And we are grateful to your friend for helping to bring you back to us! Can't wait to see your work. I know there will be a few peacocks in there!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

This has totally made my day! :dance: :whoop: :dance: :whoop: Welcome back, Midge!! And how typical of you to help out a friend — your stitchy bug has returned, and will make friends with Inca, I’m sure, given time.

If you are wandering outside (not in this gale, I hope :shock: ), don’t be perturbed by the menagerie around the Winter Gardens. The camels, lions, unicorns, koalas and puffins all get on a treat. In fact, the unicorns are decking their horns out with eucalyptus leaves for the koalas, who enjoy climbing up.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: :whoop: :balloons: GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK MIDGE and HURRAY your STITCHY BUG has returned home too - & not before time either. :)
You are a :stars: for helping your friend with the birth sampler. I look forward to seeing it soon.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Great to have you back Midge! :wave: Sounds like you're a very busy bee! Would love to see a pic of your little doggy!
Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Hi Midge! I hope you and your family are doing well.
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

This is a perfect thread to post in. Not sure of being back I don’t want to do another “hi. Hope I’m back” post. It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. Basically since 2017 I haven’t been stitching since my daughter was born and now that’s she’s just over a year and a half I’m going to try and do some of it after she goes to bed. The only problem is I have to find where I put it. I think it’s under the stairs.....

I’ve just been busy with having a daughter and now I’m a first year cabinetmaker Apprentice. Wife has gone back to school to become a health inspector. And honestly things just weren’t good for a while and depression sucks all the good stuff out. Good news is now I sought out professional help and am on the road to feeling better. Also been working a lot more with my wood lathe, opened up a Etsy under Woodventures Studio. That’s been my meditation is my wood lathe and my happy place. But when it’s off I need more to do when the kid is down for the night. Speaking of wood lathe someone offered to help me make a living out of it just a couple weeks ago and I’ve never wanted to do anything more or believed in myself more than I do with that. Can’t wait to do more in that regard.

I’ve also started playing and hosting Dungeons and Dragons games every Tuesday.

Really good to see everyone else on here that I recognize too.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

So good to hear from you, Corey but sorry that you've been through hard times. Glad things are looking up. Remember that if you don't find your stitching for a while, we have the "other crafts" section where you can show us your woodworking. While a lot of us are still here, there are new folks for you to meet too. Welcome home!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Hi Corey! Glad you're back on and interested in stitching again. I feel like my daughter was about 18months before I had any decent stitching time too. :) Congratulations! And glad you're on a good path mentally too. :hug:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good to hear from you Corey, and glad to hear woodworking is giving you such peace and pleasure!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:whoop: Lovely to have you check in, and many congratulations on the arrival of your (undoubtedly lovely) daughter. :P We'd love to see your woodworking OF COURSE -- you know, we're quite ambidextrous around here... :wink: Life can get rough, particularly when a wean is part of the new set up, but I'm glad you feel you are on the right track now. :dance:
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hi Corey. Sorry things are tough. I love that you are finding contentment with the woodwork xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Hi Lovelies, sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've not been too good, hopefully I'll be able to post more now.

Corey - Hi, not sure if we've met so to speak, I just wanted to say welcome back and I had a look at your Etsy shop and oh my goodness you have produced beautiful pieces you should be really proud of. You have made the texture and grain of the wood come alive. Congratulations adding another skill to your repertoire.