2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mysterystitcher

Re: 2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by mysterystitcher »

Aw, ladies, thanks! You're the best. My rheuma is still nasty, but my lungs are going for better direction. But I'm not leaving yet. My rheuma caused me such a pain yesterday I was barely able to walk. Poor nurses must have heard my screams of pain, because one of them rushed to me like a whirlwind and asked what was wrong and why I screamed so loud. I could only tell her it's my hip and that my rheuma is flaring up again. She helped me to the bathroom, rushed away and picked up a painkiller pill for me.
I've sure caused Serinde and her nursing team so much work I don't know if they ever forgive me all this. But I must listen to my body and follow its' lead.
I wish you both the best. Take 1 day at a time. I am sure you will be better soon.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Ouch. I was just out delivering the Christmas leaflets our village's churches put out together, and got bitten rather badly by a letterbox with a lethal spring action. I now have a bandaged finger *sniffle*. Could the Stash & Grab please send over a soothing cup of tea while I get this seen to at St Cross Stitcher's A&E?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:bandaid: for your finger and :tea: too! Hope it heals quickly and doesn't interfere with stitching.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mysterystitcher

Nasty mail box! I am :( for you. I hope it gets better soon.
My rheuma still acts up. My lungs are better, yes, but my joints seem to have declared a war. And when they do that, I am the one who has to lose. So I must take it easy a little bit longer. But knitting and stitching plans are already making me anxious, and that's a good sign I think.

sarclanat

Post by sarclanat »

Ouch, that sounds nasty, I too hope it doesn't stop you stitching
Mabel Figworthy

It does get in the way a bit (it's the middle finger of my right hand) but fortunately we had our Bible study group last night so I couldn't have stitched anyway :-)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

I feel better, but the cough is still...pretty mild. And sometimes it still comes unexpected. I refuse believing I'd still be here when the snow will leave. On the other hand, snow has just arrived, so...may the time tell how this goes. But I dare to hope for the best.

kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Just popped in to say hope everyone will soon feel better. As you will be getting a lot of tasty eats & nice soothing drinks, I've brought bulbs in pots this time so you can watch hyacinths grow & flower. Get well soon all of you.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
mysterystitcher

Well, I'm still here. This time my feminine side reminds me I'm a woman and I have a swimming ban once again.
Oh well, stitching has made progress and almost 50% of the picture has been covered with stitches.

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The bulbs are gorgeous! :king:

Have cleaned and tidied, plumped and straightened every bit of bed linen in sight.

:tea: :coffee: :cake: all ready on the trolley this morning. :D
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

You've been busy Serinde. Hope you feel better mysterystitcher now Serinde has been round to make sure everything is in apple pie order & prepared sustenance.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
mysterystitcher

KF, I do feel better. My stomach just hurts, but it's part of the case. I like the buttermilk cake and hot chocolate. Poor Serinde and her poor nurses! I'm glad my time here (on the ward, that is) is almost over, if my rheuma just doesn't make it a little bit longer. Ah well, at least I have my stitching.

xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

Can I have a spot in here for heartsickness? :( My boyfriend broke up with me for his ex because he "she started texting him this week and still has feelings for her." He just gave me his door key last week too..... Just before Christmas and my birthday. I need a nice strong drinky drink :coffee: and my stitching. At least my stitching and cats are always here for me.
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:hug: :hug: to go along with your drink, your stitching and your cats. You can stay here of course, but the Stash & Grab is very good for dealing with this type of experience.

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Off you go, through the revolving doors to the Stash & Grab. :tantrum:

Honestly! Bad timing or what? (There's never a good time, admittedly.) Well, all Auntie Serinde can say is that when he comes back to your door (and he probably will), having realised (again) why his ex is/was his ex... you just up and tell him 'tough luck'.
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

LOL, I'll go to the stash and grab. His ex just started texting him and he wanted me to wait to see him saturday night "because he hadn't made any desisions yet on what to do" and he hadn't told me what was going on exaclty yet either. So I coun'd stand the stress of not understanding what wasw going on, and I get there, he wouldn't let me in. Aparently his ex was there. He said he was confused and didnt' know what to do. He had feelings for both of us and didn't know what desicion to make... Ummmmm. If you let your ex talk to you and don't tell her to stop because you are with someone then you made a decision. If you let your ex come over and make your girlfriend wait, you made your decision. In any case I said "Well I'll make this easy on you then. If you can't tell if your feelings are strong enough for me that you can't pick, I'm out. You can have her." I mean she is over there, and I happen to know that 1+1=2. Sometimes 1+1=2 can lead to 1+1=3 (insert baby bottle picture here) and thats some drama I don't want to be in the middle of. ok I should go to stash and grab now.
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Meet you there. :airplane:

It may not seem so now, but you've done exactly the right thing -- setting boundaries, as they say, is absolutely necessary, no matter what happens later.
Mabel Figworthy

Oh dear - what a nasty situation to be in. As Serinde says, it sounds like you very sensibly got out of it before it gets even more unpleasant. And as you said, he had definitely made a decision whether he himself knew it or not! Wishing you lots of strength and peace of mind.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

You are better off without him, I say!!! :liontamper:

Meet you at the Stash & Grab for 'drinkies' later? :wine: :wine: :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:You are better off without him, I say!!! :liontamper:

Meet you at the Stash & Grab for 'drinkies' later? :wine: :wine: :D
I agree and also think that you did the right thing. The not letting you in really made me :tantrum: !

Carole
:tantrum:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat