2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: 2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by wendywombat »

Good to hear that the NHS in Bristol/Weston are still keeping up standards! We lived in the Bristol area for about 25 years before retirement so I know those hospitals well.

I spent my final nursing years at Southmead and which I understand has changed beyond recognition!
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Oh Lulu22, I can't even imagine how much you must suffer! I have my own difficulties in life, yes, but not like yours.
Rheuma is one of mine, and that is one reason why I am here - again. :( My back has been hurting lately and so has Dad's. Oh well, taking it easy should help, and adding ginger into my food, but not too much. And on top of that I am a woman with a swimming ban once again. This pain almost makes me crazy! I am glad I've been able to sleep, though. All I need is a nice room with comfy bed and some stitching.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

*Ding Ding* time for :coffee: and :tea: and :cake: . As you can see, the Baking Elves have been hard at it, and all of your personal favourites are here to enjoy.

Plumping up pillows! Making sure everyone has water and stitching to hand! It's a bright shiny day here, so it's possible to enjoy the Courtyard Garden which looks stunning this time of year, and is very sheltered. 8) :sun: :thumbsup:
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

Ooohh did not know there was a Courtyard Garden attached to this ward. How wonderful. Hope all those who are ailing soon feel better. Baking sounds great - that should put a smile on everyones face :)

:rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Serinde you spoil us! I'll have some baklava please, with a cup of tea :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mabel Figworthy

I know I shouldn't really be in the Ward but if you promise all those tempting treats, well... I've got a chronic tummy thing, does that count even if it isn't flaring up at the moment?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Baklava sounds yummy I'll have some too please and a Courtyard Garden sounds wonderful!

Hope everybody gets well soon with all this :coffee: and :cake: in the ward it certainly helps :)
mysterystitcher wrote:Oh Lulu22, I can't even imagine how much you must suffer! I have my own difficulties in life, yes, but not like yours.
Rheuma is one of mine, and that is one reason why I am here - again. :( My back has been hurting lately and so has Dad's. Oh well, taking it easy should help, and adding ginger into my food, but not too much. And on top of that I am a woman with a swimming ban once again. This pain almost makes me crazy! I am glad I've been able to sleep, though. All I need is a nice room with comfy bed and some stitching.
Goodness me Mysterystitcher sounds like you and your dad are suffering, I am so sorry I hope you both feel better soon :hug:
Is that Rheumatism? I have been told that is a very painful condition, I cannot imagine what that must be like for you, I hope your swimming ban gets lifted soon take care x
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Almost worth booking in for the wonderful food! :lol: :cake: :tea: :coffee: :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Lulu22 wrote:Baklava sounds yummy I'll have some too please and a Courtyard Garden sounds wonderful!

Hope everybody gets well soon with all this :coffee: and :cake: in the ward it certainly helps :)
And I bet you were wondering where that extra-wide revolving door goes? Yes, indeed; the Stash & Grab. Oh, and the ball pool, don't forget that. But my favourite is out by the loch -- our treehouse. *sigh* It's remarkable how well one can feel sitting with a :tea: in a virtual treehouse. :wub:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

OH! A treehouse!! I've not seen that. Overlooking the Loch, you say? Hope it's free of the dreaded midge fly!! :tizzy: :shock:

But of course it will be!! :wink:
Mabel Figworthy

There may be a Midge, but guaranteed no midges!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

@rotfl:
When I first wrote that I spelt midge with a big M....then I realised my mistake! :lol:

Lucky we don't have any members called DEET!!! :wink:
mysterystitcher

*sighs relieved* The pain in the stomach has lessened, thanks to all your care on this ward and these treats you feed me here, but the swimming ban still remains. Unfortunately now my back has decided to be nasty, so I think I stay here a little bit longer. And I got that Dark Lilac to the FO point! Now if someone would arrange it to the local Framing Man, I'd be more than pleased.
My rheuma is...rheuma juvenilis. That is how I have known it since I was a little girl. So that's how I've called it my whole life. It bothers me now and then, and it's far from nice. So thanks for bringing me those ginger bags. I spice my hot chocolate myself, so that it won't get too strong. If it gets too strong, I won't be able to drink it. :cake: is delicious as always, and you seem to remember I love buttermilk cake. One of the reasons is the said cake is eggless and that's one important factor in my diet.
I wish you all others here get better soon. Rheuma is a bit unpredictable, so I can never say, how far my stay will be.

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Gentle :hug: for you! Take care of yourself! :cake: more Buttermilk cake being cooked right now!
mysterystitcher

wendywombat wrote:Gentle :hug: for you! Take care of yourself! :cake: more Buttermilk cake being cooked right now!
Awww, Wendywombat, thanks! :hug: Usually when my rheuma bothers me, it means rain. And it seems it has been raining in here. The ground is wet.

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Been raining here, too. :shock: The essence of St Cross Stitchers (not to mention the Stash & Grab) is exactly what you have found out. Exactly what you need, when you need it. I only wish it would translate to the real world, but that is what pals are for, I guess. :hug:
Mabel Figworthy

Bad tummy :-( plus the knowledge that all my Saturdays up to and including November 19th are occupied :shock: : visiting the in-laws, private workshop, church workshops (3 weeks running), Craft Fair. Can I go to bed?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes, you may. Furthermore, you may turn out the light!
mysterystitcher

Just take it easy and rest. Stomach problems are never nice. I'm still here. *sigh* My poor joints, especially my back! Awww! But well, maybe a little walk in the hallway now and then will help, together with ginger of course.

mysterystitcher

I am stuck in here. This rain makes my life miserable. My back has been sore for days and every time it has been raining. It is raining as I am typing this. Oh well, this is autumn. I am glad I am able to eat the delicious buttermilk cake, though, and drink the hot chocolate with ginger. Yes, and stitch.