I'm in trouble again...lol

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

dawn0621

I'm in trouble again...lol

Post by dawn0621 »

I made the mistake of venturing on to the HAED site and looking at my wishlist. I deleted a lot, but then found a few that really jumped out at me and I really want to stitch.. I'm such an addict, and it's at least partly your fault. Maybe I should relieve myself of a few patterns first, but which ones? lol
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
fiddler

Re: I'm in trouble again...lol

Post by fiddler »

You are in good company, we all have that problem! roll:
agent_clone

Post by agent_clone »

So, add them to your wish list and go back in a few weeks. If you don't like them that much anymore remove them. Just resist buying until you actually want to start a new project.
Curent WIP:
The Butterfly Ball
Mini Heaven On Earth
Mini Japan Garden

Finishes:
Kitten Fairy on Mushroom (2015-12-31)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away when I had to resist buying stash from the LNS (when there was an LNS) it was easier to avoid SABLE (or at least move at a slower rate). In this galaxy, I have a list of suppliers, designers and an international group of friends that are continually finding more suppliers and designers than I ever knew existed and that only require one or two clicks and with so many another click to download and then I get cheers and applause for feeding my addiction (when I probably need a 12 step group instead). Dawn, you have a lot of company!

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

agent_clone wrote:So, add them to your wish list and go back in a few weeks. If you don't like them that much anymore remove them. Just resist buying until you actually want to start a new project.

I whole-heartedly agree with this advice.

I used to buybuybuy whatever I saw that caught my eye. My tastes changed over time and I ended up with a huge stash that I would never stitch. It took up storage space and became dead weight that I'd have to move every time I wanted to get into the closet. I gave a lot of it away and regretted all that wasted money.

I don't buy indiscriminately anymore. I put things on wish lists and revisit them periodically. Most of the time, the pattern that I thought I'd have to have would come off the list after a few months. I don't waste my money on patterns that will never get stitched.

(Of course, I have Richard's program now, so unless it's a sampler that I want to do, I'll never have to buy another pattern ever again.)

WIP
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I am waiting on a QS HAED but don't see myself ever doing it. I got to finish one of the two I am on before I start another one and it is fourth in line. lol
Good luck with yours.
Angie

Wips
Colorful Rose (Happy Forever) started May 20th 2016
the eagles wings 3 (Happy Forever) started May 27th 2016
Unicorn Garden (Happy Forever) Jan. 6, 2017
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

See, that's why I come here to vent and commiserate. I did leave them on my wishlist for now. I can't afford to kit them up anyway. lol THanks for all your support. :wink:
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Tell me another funny story :o .I encountered HAED when Michelle and Bob went from dyeing fabrics(and yes I still have some of their fabrics) to becoming chart enablers.Sheila Wolk :whoop: was my first foray into HAED swiftly followed by Linda Ravenscroft :tizzy: and numerous others.I am not game to count them.My tastes have changed considerably but I still look and drool. :roll: Hmmm....toddles off to have another look at Sheila's Dry Spot.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote:and then I get cheers and applause for feeding my addiction (when I probably need a 12 step group instead).
Carole
:roll:
:applesauce: :applesauce: @rotfl: @rotfl:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends