John Deere Tractor

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

mfarmer

John Deere Tractor

Post by mfarmer »

Hope this works, this is my first time posting a picture!

So I bought this Janlynn tractor cross stitch kit back in March and finally finished it about a month ago (I took a lot of long breaks because I was doing a lot of sewing). The original kit doesn't have any yellow, so I had to change the colors of the wheels and the stripe to get the classic John Deere look. This is for my sons room since we picked a John Deere theme when he was born. :D

I learned a couple weeks ago while I was shopping for floss for another project that some of my greys got mislabeled (either my fault or the kit). I'm a little peeved, but it still looks good and I'm not going to go back and fix it. There is another tractor kit that would match well with this one that I've been eying for a while, but haven't really gotten the courage to purchase it (i feel like once I buy it I'm committed to doing the project whether I want to or not). :P

Just need to get it framed and then I can hang it!

Finished this John Deere cross stitch (finally!) for my son's room. Trying to see what projects I can finish before the year ends! by mfarmer200, on Flickr
WIP

Holy Night Stocking
Aurora Cabin
karen4bells

Re: John Deere Tractor

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: you did an amazing job of altering it to look even more realistic!! Great stitching!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

millymolly

Post by millymolly »

Great finish! Your alterations look the part! :applesauce:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: you did an amazing job of altering it to look even more realistic!! Great stitching!!
I agree with Karen! Great job.

Also you probably should be warned that one of the side effects of cross stitch addiction and cross stitch forum addiction is the accumulation of stash (designs, fabric, threads, kits and assorted accessories). Some members are better than others in controlling this. No guarantees, however. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mfarmer

Post by mfarmer »

rcperryls wrote:
karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: you did an amazing job of altering it to look even more realistic!! Great stitching!!
I agree with Karen! Great job.

Also you probably should be warned that one of the side effects of cross stitch addiction and cross stitch forum addiction is the accumulation of stash (designs, fabric, threads, kits and assorted accessories). Some members are better than others in controlling this. No guarantees, however. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
Haha, I'm starting to figure that out. What used to fit into a plastic bag I've had to move into a shoebox (and quickly running out of space) and I made the "mistake" of subscribing to a little cross stitch magazine and it gave me access to 2 years of back-issues. I downloaded them all to my tablet and haven't told my husband yet that that is probably why our tablet is running slower these days. :oops:

I'm trying hard to resist, but it's hard to pass over so many pretties. :)
WIP

Holy Night Stocking
Aurora Cabin
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That looks so realistic and lovely. Great stitching too. :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

mfarmer wrote:
Haha, I'm starting to figure that out. What used to fit into a plastic bag I've had to move into a shoebox (and quickly running out of space) and I made the "mistake" of subscribing to a little cross stitch magazine and it gave me access to 2 years of back-issues. I downloaded them all to my tablet and haven't told my husband yet that that is probably why our tablet is running slower these days. :oops:

I'm trying hard to resist, but it's hard to pass over so many pretties. :)
@rotfl: @rotfl:

My willpower is good on some days and nonexistent on others.

And I love the tractor!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Rose

Post by Rose »

The tractor looks great!!!!!! You will be the only one that knows the greys are off so don't over worry about it. :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Well done! It's often quite difficult to change colours in a design...but you've really got that looking authentic! :whoop: :whoop:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Excellent stitching, and you've done a great job bringing it 'up to spec' as we say here.

Re stash. Well, SABLE sort of says it all in my case... (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy). :dance:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Great project and your adaptation works really well!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

See tractors like that race past our house many, many times a day. I always wince as I hope they miss our van as they go past - the road is barely wide enough, especially when they're attached to a 16 furrow plough.

The picture is great though. Good finish.

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Ainjel333

Post by Ainjel333 »

I just recently saw the original picture of this kit, and I must say, yours looks waaay better! You did an awesome job with the changes! :applesauce: :applesauce:

It looks great! :whoop: