Questions about K's Creation Stand

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Questions about K's Creation Stand

Post by rcperryls »

I have been looking and looking at different stands because I really want to be able to stitch two handed. would be better for lots of reasons especially for larger projects. I was going to tag a bit onto Dana's thread but since Lowry's are also what I'm looking at thought I ought to keep the focus separate. Maemae made a comment on that thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2-JqpaKIj0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
This is the ks creation version of the lowry i looked at it for a bit but preferred the woodnframe...wanted stitchmate but can't find them any more. I couldn't find the stitchmate either. The few sites that had pics of it and info also said "not available at this time". which means either out of stock or more likely out of production?? so I went looking for K's Creation and found Stitcher's Paradise:K's Creation which also has Lowry stands and a few others. I think the first stand shown is similar to, if not the same one, that was in the YouTube video. I am definitely thinking of getting one, but it is a chunk of bucks to spend not knowing as much about it as I want. I'm going to check at my LNS as several women use stands and bring them along to the stitch-in.
I have two definite needs. One is that I can flip it over easily. I'm not sure how starting and stopping when using only one thread would work if you do everything on the front of the fabric.
:oops: Room for a kitty cat on my lap would also be necessary or else I will be fighting continuously with them and besides its cozy when they are curled up and behaving. Occasionally.

Sorry for such a long post, but we talk a lot about Lowry stands. If I start to lean more in that direction, I guess I'll end up asking a lot of these questions about them also.
Hope this makes sense.

Carole
:?
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Parksfarm

Re: Questions about K's Creation Stand

Post by Parksfarm »

Carole - I don't know anything about the K's frames but if you're going to order the Lowery, definitely order it from Sew and So - I saved $300 ordering from them...

The man that used to make the StitchMate stands died last year, so they are permanently unavailable... :(
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

I'd certainly say take a look at one, because I have a K's lap stand/frame and it does the job, but isn't all that well made (rough edges on the wood, nasty little plastic bits on the base that haven't broken yet, but will do one day). If I paid that much I would want something fairly well constructed.

My Lowery is well made, but not elegant. Not that I know what elegant would look like! :lol: It will last for ever, though.
MaudL

Post by MaudL »

Second that on the Lowery, even with shipping, you will be better off buying it from a UK site. Sew & So and Siesta Frames both have it for less than 90 GBP. You can also buy it from Coleshill Accessories.

Something to think about: if you like the Lowery, you don't have to buy the floor frame, they also make a stand that clamps to a table: http://www.siestaframes.com/acatalog/Lo ... Clamp.html

As for whether to get the side or corner clamp, I have the side clamp and use it without any issues with wooden scroll frames, hoops and qsnaps.
My blog

WIP
Brodeuse Bressane - Fleur de Lys SAL
Mirabilia - Persephone
Chatelaine - Sleeping Beauty Castle
HAED - Mini Lady of the Flowers (Phelan)
HAED - Celtic Fire (Buziak)
HAED - Wheel of Fortune (Law)
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

The best flip frame out there is Hearthside Craftworks Mark 2 stand perfect
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you, I did look at the Mark 2 Floor stand, but I think for the space I have that I need something with a side clamp, like the Lowry floor stand has. And something that will hold a Q-snap or Hoop.
It is a lovely stand.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

The lowery allows you to flip very easily. If you work with very long scroll frames they do sell an adapter that makes this easier. It's a wood thing that your scroll frame clamps into it and then you can move it nearer the middle. I can take a pic if you want me to? I love it.

This adapter does make it more difficult to flip it, not impossible, just a bit awkward. I don't tend to bother and start and stop from the front which is easy. I start with a loop start, pull the loop to the front and then put the needle back down one hole and pull it to the back. Or an adapted pin head start, where I make the underneath arm of the cross with two stitches into the middle of the stitch. And I end with the pin head stitch and just cut the tail off from underneath without looking.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village