Hello!!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

~threadbear~

Hello!!

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Hellol!
I'm from the UK and although I'm not exactly new to cross stitch (as I've done small pieces previously) I've never really stuck to the larger ones and tend to give up on them after a struggle.
By joining this forum, I hope to manage to finish the one I'm now attempting and hope to pick up lots of tips from you all.
I've enjoyed looking at your work in the galleries and feel inspired to get on and finish my own ... hopefully, this time, I'll actually manage it! :shock:

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
:D
mags

Post by mags »

Hello threadbear and welcome :D

I prefer to do small pieces but have recently finished a larger piece - if you look in my gallery you will see how I 'gridded' the fabric to make it easier to count. This may help you. If you need any further info let me know.

Look forward to chatting again.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Welcome to the forum Threadbear. I think we've all got UFOs which need finishing - I know I have! Hope you enjoy chatting and look forward to seeing more posts. :D
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hi Threadbear, welcome to the forum,
I like to do large projects, but to break up the feeling of getting nowhere, I do another project at the same time, it may be a gift with a deadline, or just something with some different colors in.
I find it also helps to have both projects very easily accessible, I have my two in the same Knitting bag, so I can just pick up and work as the mood takes me.
Stick around, it's fun on here :D
Jilly
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi threadbear (what a wonderful name!!) and welcome to the forum from the blustery West of Scotland. I tend to do large project -- not sure why -- and it does take time as I'm quite a slow stitcher. If we can help, we will, and in the meantime we can have a bit of fun, too.
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Welcome from the deep south! The great state of Georgia bids you welcome! Be sure to take a break every once in a while and join in on the fun!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hello from SW France. Welcome!
I like to have one big project on the go too but I'm always 'punctuating' it with little quickies like birthday cards and book marks. That way I maintain the interest in the main piece!
Look forward to seeing your Big Project progress!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hi and welcome. I hope that we can be of some help with encouraging you to finish this piece and maybe even dig out some of the old ones and finish them too. My New Years resolution is to get all of my UFO's finished. I am currently working on one right now, it is in my SAL thread. I have really been having fun finishing it.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Hi and welcome from East Anglia Threadbare!

I have 2 projects on the go at the moment. I've always been really bad for jumping from project to project and taking years to finish ones I have started. I've vowed this year to finish one project at a time, and as they are both quite large it should take me pretty much all year! :lol:

I hope you stick with it and with the forum! :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Hi welcome to the forum, i no what u mean about sticking with it as i have a few laying around that i aint done and i have seemed to stop coming on the forum as much but that will change soon :D Hope to talk to u soon :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

Welcome to the forum!

I'm also from the UK and I am new to stitching. This place is wonderfully supportive. I'm quite sure that once you get going and set up a SAL thread that you'll have so much support and so much fun. I know I sure did.

Welcome to the fold!
Alexanie

Post by Alexanie »

Hello from Austria!

Posting pics of your project on the go will encourage you to get a large project finished.