Hello im new

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sammy_v

Hello im new

Post by sammy_v »

Hi everyone im new to this site but not so new to cross stitch, i have done this on and off but really want to get back into doing it,.

My name is Samantha but i prefared to be called Sam or Sammy dont really mind which and im 21 and i dont work due to health problems.

Atm im also into doing atcs and i was askin about on the atc site i go on for some help with the cross stitch i care to do and ConnieO give me this link (Thanks very much hun) Im wanting to do a cross stitch but using a photograph of my own and im struggaling to do so, so if anyone could help me out i would really appricate it. I also care to get into scrapbookin to once i have enough pics hehe. I like to dip my feet into abit of this and abit of that really. Well its nice to meet u all and i will look forward to talking to u all.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about photo-to-design, but there's a lady on the forum who does: laydenwithstitches. We haven't heard from her in a bit, but go to her profile and send her a pm. I'm sure she will help if she can. (Tell her we miss her, too!0
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Glad you found us here Sammy! It's a really friendly bunch and somebody is sure to have some ideas for you. :D :D :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Welcome to the forum Sam!! So pleased Connie put you in touch!!

I'm sorry to be really thick but what is atc?

I don't work either cos of health problems, but stitching is my life saver!!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to our forum. I also would like to know what atc is. Could you give us some more information.I hope that we can help in getting you going with Cross Stitch again.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome to the forum.
Atc are atrist trading cards. I think they are about the size of a baseball card. They are stitched with a design, and are traded with other stitchers.
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is so cool I have never heard of that but what a neat idea. We may have to put together something and trade cards here.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum. I'd never heard of atc either, but it sounds really interesting. Hope you enjoy your visits here. :D
raelou

Post by raelou »

Hi and welcome
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Hi all sorry it has took me so long to reply i have been so busy today went shooping this morning and asda was hectic and then went to the range this afternoon need crafty things lol.

Thank you all for a very warm and frendliy welcome. An ATC is and artist trading card and it is about the same size of a base ball card which is 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and what u do is:

Some one picks a desgin say for example babies. U then desgin ur atc with the theme of babies, with what ever u associate babies with. This could be done with any material, or the host my just want a certain material

They then give a date for everyones to be in and how many they would like u to do up to or a max number in which ur allowed to send in. They pm u there address for u to send them to the host.

Once u have made them, u send ur atcs in a large envelope, with a large second class stamp to the host, u also have to included a self addressed envelope with a large second classed stamp on it.

Then once everyone has sent in there atcs and the dates up. The host sortes them out and send u all back a different atc from someone else who joined the swap.

Hope this all makes sense. ATCs are only for trading and can not be sold. I have got a program called pc stitch pro or sommat like that and im getting on ok with it but have some trouble with some pics, ill get there in the end. Hope everyone is well and had a lovely day.

Sam
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi and welcome Sam to the family.

Looks like you might have started something new here with the ATC.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Thanks for the welcome :D I hope so they are fun and very addictive and relaxing, thats what i found :D
Viktoriya

Welcome!

Post by Viktoriya »

Hi Samy and Welcome! Thank you and Mauveme for information about ATC. I have never known about it. :shock: It is really interesting. I would like too see how it is look like. May be you or someone else can put picture of them here to show for all of us? :wink: