aloha from hawaii

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

happiegirl

aloha from hawaii

Post by happiegirl »

hi everyone, i've been browsing this site for awhile, just picking up tips and seeing what other cross-stitchers are up too.... i'm 25 with a son who will be 3 in august, we're from oahu, hawaii.... i started cross-stitching in the 5th grade and have been hooked ever since.... decided it was time to introduce myself and get to know everyone, you all seem very nice.... :shifty:
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Aloha!

Welcome to the forum!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me in SW France. We are all very nice! :angel: Some times a bit zany too! Hope to see you here often. You will find answers to questions and problems as well as having a darn good time here! :wink:
raelou

Post by raelou »

Hi and welcome to the forum, It's fun and friendly here so do join in
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome indeed.
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Hi happiegirl, welcome to the forum from the North of England. You are right , this is a very friendly place and there is always something new to get involved with. :) :)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome to the forum! I live in the U.S too!

oh and you are from Hawaii..do you live there now?
I came across a singer from Hawaii that has passed away but his voice is amazing..Iz..I'm sure you have heard of him,no?
well I bought on of his cd's and love listening to it in the car and sometimes while stitching.
so summery and gives a great vibe!

anyway..i ramble..lol..sorry.

welcome!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Well "Aloha" from the deep south! I'm a transplanted Hawaiian, living in Georgia! Been in the states for twenty five years, but still have family there. We visit every so often. Again Welcome to the forum!
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
happiegirl

Post by happiegirl »

mahalo for the warm welcome.... i stumbled across this site just looking for tips on how to improve my stitching.... visited a few other forums, but this one was definitely the best! very friendly people, great tips, wide variety, etc.... registered just to look at other stitchers' galleries :lol: finally decided to introduce and start posting.... anyways, coffee freak, yes i live in hawaii now and i know of "braddah Iz", otherwise known as israel kamakawiwaole.... he's a legend here, the best.... my hula halau (hula group) dance to a number of his songs, he is missed very much.... i'm glad that you appreciate his music too.... stitchindude, i'm very impressed, you're the first guy i've ever known who stitches, solid! where in hawaii are you from? it's a small world huh? once again, thanks to everyone who's made me feel welcome, looking forward to getting to know you.... also, would like to know when the next chart swap will be happening, would like to be a part of that.... :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome from the west coast. I would love to come to Hawaii for a visit. I have always wanted to but never had the chance. someday I hope. Anyway we are here to help and have fun. Please join in we love it when you do.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Warm welcome from England, Happiegirl. Goodness, we've got stitchers from all around the world on this forum - wonderful. :D

Look forward to talking to you often - join in.
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

happiegirl, I was born and raised in Kaimuki. Graduated from Kalani High School in 19.....
I have sister who lives in Aliumanu and a son that lives in Hilo. Love Brudda Iz, I have most of his songs. And of course my "Hero" Frank DeLima, Da Pochoman! So there you go, it is a small world!
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Hello happiegirl, I did the same as you!! Glad you signed up and introduced yourself though, it is really friendly on here. Looking forward to hearing all bout your WIP's and finished works!!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Hi Happiegirl! Welcome from the east of England, but I originally come from Missouri. Glad you like it here! :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
happiegirl

Post by happiegirl »

Rose, i went to california to do the whole disneyland thing, but that was ages ago, when i was a little girl.... you should definitely come down to hawaii someday.... 8)

stitchindude, i was born in kaimuki too! but my family moved around a lot, lived in palolo, halawa, and now makakilo.... miss frank delima, he doesn't do much comedy nowdays, i remember his many visits to my elementary school, always cracked me up.... :lol:

thanks again everyone for the warm welcome, really looking forward to being a part of this forum.... :applesauce:
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Well you better get in on answering the "Riddle Of The Day" I post two a day, one for the early birds and one for the late birds!
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Glad you have joined the family.