Stashmas wish list thread 2009

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Lisa2758

Re: Stashmas wish list thread 2009

Post by Lisa2758 »

Dear Stashmas Santa, I would like DMC threads, fabric (any type except sparkly Aida) just anything stitchy and practical really. I use 26 and 28 needles. Maybe plastic bobbins, as I'm currently replacing my cardboard ones. I like wildlife patterns, Jayne Netley Mayhew-type patterns, with a fair bit of detail.

Failing that, a season ticket for Man United... 8)

Avoid the following: religious, spiritual, cutesy cartoons, Disney or anything girly.

Thank you in advance,

Lisa
ladymyste

Post by ladymyste »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

Well I'm not sure where to begin. I'd be appreciative of anything that was sent to me.
The only thing that I can say that I don't care for is kits.

I love things celtic, snowflakes, witty sayings, and fun cats.

I am dying to try the variegated threads but haven't been brave enough because I don't want the stitching to be bad. I stitch on Aida 14-18 count, I haven't tried anything else yet as I'm just getting back into stitching after about 15-20 years of not stitching.

Oh well, I hope this helps.

Debbie
Last edited by ladymyste on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
mags

Post by mags »

Dear Stashmas partner

I am very excited to be in this year’s Stashmas, looking forward to doing some shopping for my recipient, and I would be very pleased to receive anything to add to my stash.

I’m a small-to-medium-sized-project person and like to stick to 14# Aida - preferably Zweigart - which is easier for my problem hands :roll: . My collection of DMC floss is quite small and I would love to expand it and I am also quite happy with Anchor floss. Any colours would be very welcome and I am trying to sort it all out onto cardboard bobbins so a bobbin winder would be very useful.

My favourite projects include birds (love blackbirds :wub: ), flowers, cats, country scenes or samplers and I also like making ‘smalls’ eg biscornus, and useful things eg coasters, key rings. Favourite designs/charts/kits currently include Permin, Textile Heritage and Papillon Creations and I particularly like the John Clayton flowers and circles by Heritage.

I don't really do fantasy, too cutesy, or too sparkly, or too fine, or religious, or holidays and I can’t use hoops or frames.

Well I think that just about covers it :D , really anything would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Last edited by mags on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Midge

Post by Midge »

Dear Stashmas partner,
I'm very easy to please and anything will be most welcome.
My favorite subject matter is/are peacocks.
I am a DMC girl and I love fabric of all types, counts and colours.
If I'm being brutally truthful, I don't particularly like cute designs or "real" silks - sorry if that sounds ungrateful. :oops:
An un-picking tool would be useful as Mr Frog is a resident in my home. :anotherfrog:
Thanks for listening,
Helen xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Dear stashmas sender,

I don't think i'm that hard to please :lol: I enjoy stitching anything cute really (eeyore, tatty ted, popcorn, forever friends etc.) My DMC and anchor collection isn't very big as I normally buy kits which has everything I need, I am an aida girl all the way, 14 count is best for me as thats all I really work with. I like to stitch bookmarks (mine that I made is a little old now :lol: )

Thankyou in advance :hug:
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Dear sender,

Floss: No metallics or silks as i have not mastered anything like that, but anything else i don't mind.
Bobbins: Plastic ones only as cardboard tends to bend and looks messy
Kits: of any kind but not too much backstitch
Cloth: Aida, of all sizes only please
Needles: i dont care what size needle as i dont know the sizes anyway and i have all kinds.

Hope this helps and thanks in advance
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
Daesania

Post by Daesania »

Dear Stashmas Sender:

I am doing very well on thread right now, so that's one thing I dont really need! :)

I could use more Aida (white 14 or 16 count) for random projects to keep on hand, I could always use more plastic bobbins - I plan on buying a shelving unit for my threads next year, so it would be nice to have plastic bobbins for everything.

Other than that, I like any pattern that includes tree frogs or tinkerbell. If you still need ideas other than that - anything to increase my stash is always welcomed. :)

I would not like anything religious however. Thank you!!
My Etsy: http://froggycreations.etsy.com" target="_blank
mommy_tl

Post by mommy_tl »

Dear Stashmas sender:

I'll be happy no matter what I get, but in case you're stuck for ideas.....

I would love to try soluble fabric, and I can always use 14 count aida in any color/pattern except white or cream, or even some white 28 count evenweave. Floss is always a good thing to have, I stick with DMC and Anchor... any color but grey is fine. Coasters or a needle case would be ok too.

Aside from that, I like any pattern or kit that includes chickadees, owls, autumn themes (pumpkins, leaves, etc...), Charlie's ark & Newton's law.

A few things to avoid: religious, girly-girl, and disney stuff.

Thank you! I hope this helps. :D
Last edited by mommy_tl on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WIPs
HAED - Story Keeper
Chorus Line (chickadees)
2010 Christmas ornaments - 1 of 15
agi

Post by agi »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I am a DMC girl and I still don't have the whole collection so any of that would be welcome (I can always use duplicats, too :wink: ), but I would love to try some special threads as well, such as silks or sparklies.

I have quite a lot of 14 count Aida, but other counts, as well as evenweave or linen would come handy, small pieces too.

I love Celtic designs, quaker, folk art... but I don't mind cute things either because there are always some babies born, kids to please.

And finally, my only pair of scissors is starting to go blunt on me :( ...
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Kezzy

Post by Kezzy »

Dear Stashmas Sender

I have tried to be a good stitcher this year but not a good as I could have been!!

I don't mind anything because I love surprises but if you need a little help then here goes:

I use DMC threads, nowhere near got the whole set so I don't mind any colours
I use all sorts of fabric but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different, e.g. hand dyed, linen etc
I could always do with new needles - sizes 24, 26 or 28
I would like a fine pointed pair as mine are slowly wearing out!
I also collect fridge magnets

Without sounding cheeky, the only thing that I don't think I would have any use for is anything related to fantasy.

I hope this helps and I am really looking foward to shopping for my recipient!

Have fun everyone

Kezzy xx
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Play Outside

Post by Play Outside »

Reading everyone's posts is making me quite curious to find out who I have so I can start hunting!

To my Super Secret Stashmas Sender:

I have been a relatively good stitcher this year, although life has been getting in the way a bit. I've done lots gifts for others in the past 2 years, and am looking forward to working on some of the large patterns I have in my stash.

I like surprises, especially if they're bright and colorful. I'm mostly working on large patterns now, with the occasional small gift project thrown in. I go through lots of DMC thread, so any colors would be welcome. I like to add sparkly thread when I can. I've been meaning to try silks, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I stitch on all kinds of fabrics, and I like small cuts of dyed fabrics for little gift projects. 14 count is not my favorite, and I have an aversion to the color pink and other girly things. I rarely do kits. I use plastic bobbins. I like bright colors and nature themes.

I hope that gives you some ideas, and thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in this!

Play Outside
Current WIP's:
Fall Lake (GK)
Crackling Silence (Mystic Stitch)
Hidden Spirits (Dimensions)
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Dear Stashmas Sender

I am always happy to receive any DMC or Anchor threads, especially Anchor Marlitt as I've only a few of those.

I've never used plastic canvas so that could be a fun experiment, indeed any fabric will always be put to good use!

Kits are not my favourite to be honest, but I'm very broad minded about chart designs (with the exception of cartoon characters and cutesy/whimsical). I like making xs cards so small motif designs are especially welcome.

And I'd be delighted to receive a spare pair of scissors, more paper bobbins or one of those metal rings for keeping bobbins.

Hope this gives you some idea!

Jane
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

To my stashmas sender :wub: :wub:

My favourite things to stitch are flowers and I do enjoy working with kits. I'm also keen to try out new needlework ideas with a floral theme, so a small kit for a biscornu or working with hardanger, drawn thread or brazilian flower embroidery or any other type of embroidery (except blackwork) would also be very much appreciated. If you would prefer to get me floss, I love anything variegated and am slowly building a beautiful little collection of pastel colours. I prefer working with evenweave fabrics.

Susan :wub: :wub:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
YoungStitcher

Post by YoungStitcher »

May I ask?

What is Stashmas?
Current WIP
Arise on the Wings of Your Dreams
Twilight Bridge
Nativity Scene

Finished Projects
Lily :whoop: Santa's Flight :whoop: Pirate Queen :whoop: Scotland Map
Midge

Post by Midge »

It's a play on the word Christmas.
We send a gift to another stitcher (pre-arranged bythe organiser) and also receive on e back.
There was a sign up thread but I don't know if it is still open.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
kell

Post by kell »

The sign-up closed on 30th September, I'm afraid, but there's always next year...! ;)
YoungStitcher

Post by YoungStitcher »

Lol, i get it. Its a cool Idea.... But i dont celabrate Chirstmas. :lol:
Current WIP
Arise on the Wings of Your Dreams
Twilight Bridge
Nativity Scene

Finished Projects
Lily :whoop: Santa's Flight :whoop: Pirate Queen :whoop: Scotland Map
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hi Young Stitcher, that's the nice thing about Stashmas, it's not Christmas :-). There are several members who for various reasons do not celebrate Christmas, or don't celebrate it with presents (me being one of them), but Stashmas is simply a good excuse to send and receive nice stashy presents between forum friends!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Murmured

Post by Murmured »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I love almost all things stitching related, especially if it has a novelty factor (after all being all the way over here in New Zealand means that our LNSs don’t tend to carry items other than the stock standard). I think I would quite like to try something a bit different, like maybe hardanger, or making a coaster or a fridge magnet, all things I have never tried before.

I stitch almost exclusively on linen, 32ct or higher, except when I am stitching kits. I love to try out specialty threads, and have been playing with some fun new silks these past few months.

I am super busy with finishing my honours year at university at the moment, and handing in masters applications, so I don't have that much time for stitching, so small things are probably a good idea. :lol:

Hope this gives you some ideas
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Dear Stashmas sender

I think I've been a pretty good stitcher this year. :wink:
I'm converting my floss from bobbins to stitch bows. So stitch bows or their plastic holders would be appreciated!
I like using bright colors and I would really like something that is small and portable to bring with me to my son's karate classes would also be great!
Faith