Stashmas wish list thread 2009

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kute Kitty

Stashmas wish list thread 2009

Post by Kute Kitty »

OK folks, it's that time at last, the stashmas sign-up thread is closed as you've probably seen and messages will be going out soon to let you know who you're going to be buying a gift for, so now it's time to give your sender an idea of what you'd like! We don't guarantee by any means that you'll get what you'd like but a wish list guideline is always a helpful sort of thing to have :) Just remember to please only post if you have signed up for stashmas 2009!

Dear stashmas sender,

I am always on the look out for things that are slightly out of the ordinary in stitching, and I love being able to make "practical" things with my stitching - so keyrings, coasters, fridge magnets are the kind of things that I would really enjoy receiving. I really like art deco designs, particularly Rennie Mackintosh. I would really like to give petite treasure braids a try, having heard so many good things about them on here!

I'm really not keey on All Our Yesterdays designs, but otherwise I like most things. I don't do kits very often but I will collect them in my drawer and get around to doing them eventually - though it may be a couple of years from now! I use DMC and Anchor threads, and enjoy experimenting with aida, evenweave and linen. I also adore aida band :)

OK everyone, your turn!
Last edited by Kute Kitty on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

kerbear879

Re: Stashmas wish list thread 2009

Post by kerbear879 »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I love HAED designs and they are the only thing I work on these days and therefore can always use anything that helps me with these designs which includes pretty much any color DMC floss, 24 needles, little scissors (as I like to have one for each project), thread heaven, floss a way bags, and large pieces of 18ct aida. I also am still trying to figure out something to put my projects in since the plastic bags from the store tend to get ripped up eventually!

Hope this gives you an idea and I promise I have been very very good this past year! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
summernight

Post by summernight »

Hello

For my sender, it'll be easy for her (or him). I like almost every thing, so there is no matter.
I lice scissors, I collect thimbles (I like them very much), floss, kits... every thing you want.
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

Dear stashmas Clause,
I have been a very busy stitcher this year. I enjoy dragon designs, speciality threads, and interesting fabric. I'm not big on kits, but I always run out of plastic bobbins, DMC floss, and 24-28 ct needles
ImageImageImageImage
maggs

Post by maggs »

To my Stashmas Sender

I have lots of patterns and lots of kits. I also have lots of DMC stranded cotton thread (the whole set) and spares of most of these. What I would like would be a pair of scissors or some unusal pieces of fabric (not to big) or specialty threads.

I've been better than last year but perhaps not as good as I could have been (or all my UFO would be fineshed)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
kazzi29

Post by kazzi29 »

dear stashmass sender,
i like most things im trying to try new things like threads and aida
i do both kits and charts
i love my HAED's
i dont like anything 'twee' or old fashioned
hope this helps....
Spring Palette 15950/170800 9.33%
Sapphire Birthstone 15120/240000 6.30%
Ari 8840/157850 5.60%
Spring Luna 7840/46620 16.81%
RAE 600/48840 1.22%
Sadness of an angel /118800 0.00%
Nellie / 0.00%
kell

Post by kell »

Dear Secret Stashcmas Sender,

I'm a practical kind of gal, so anything like pre-finished bookmarks, handbag mirrors or coasters would be very welcome.

When it comes to floss, I'm always up for building my collection - I'll happily accept any make or colour as I'll always find a use for it.

On the fabric front, I enjoy using both aida and evenweave (14-count and above - right up to 32, so there's a nice wide range to choose from) and I especially love different colours and hand-dyed fabrics, although plain white, ecru, cream etc are all fine too - I'll use them all!

For charts and kits, I'm not into cutsie animals at all and cartoon characters aren't really something that floats my boat either, but I adore simple designs of a few colours, especially things such as geometrics and samplers. And I love to experiment with seed beads for added texture - again, any colour and I'll be very happy!

And last, but not least, I keep all my flosses on cardboard bobbins, so spares of these are always welcome. And I love to stitch using petite needles (size 24, 26, or 28).

I hope all that gives you some helpful ideas - and thank you in advance!
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

Dear Secret Stashmas Sender,

hmmmmmm this is really difficult...

Floss: At the moment I have about 3/4 of the DMC range and about 1/2 the Anchor range of floss, so I'm tending just to add to those now as I need them for a project. However, I am quite willing to try other things, like petite treasure braid, silks etc

Fabric: I will pretty much use anything, so aida or evenweave 14ct and above (I have been insane enough to do fractional stitches on 25ct so will try anything once). Plain or dyed, I'm bound to find a use for it all.

Kits/charts: I have enough kits/charts to be stitching until I'm 500 (or older) but at the moment I seem to be tending towards Christmas/snowman themes, and yes I am a HAED case! :D

Storage system: I think that I am one of the very few people on the forum who use the DMC stitchbow system.

Hopefully stashmas sender, this has helped given you some ideas... :x:
antdallis

Post by antdallis »

i like anything.not hard to please :dance: :D
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Dear Father Stashmas

I've not been the best stitcher this year and have alot of wips gathering dust but now that things are changing I promise to be a good stitcher again.

I like Dragon's, Dolphin's anything fantasy orientated really, zodiac (I'm a gemini) and Pigs, I would very much appreciate a new pair of scissors and some pretty fabric I use mainly aida and would think that sparkly and patterned would be very fun to work with. Oh and pretty items like handbag mirrors or trinket boxes could be fun to try aswell.

Oh I almost forgot a pen for gridding would also be very much appreciated :D

Also and I know this is a big wish. I've been drooling over the Wizard of Oz HAED and I'm always in need of card making stash :)
Thankyou in advance
Dawn x
Last edited by Dawn on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Dear Stashmas sender

I use lots of regular DMC threads for my HAEDs and projects I make up myself so a few skeins of regular DMC floss in any colours would be much appreciated.

The next HAED I'm planning requires some DMC 032 Kreinik #4 so that would be helpful to get me started. I store my floss on card bobbins.

I'm planning to make a few of my own Christmas cards this year, so aperture cards in any shapes - square, round, oval, etc and in Christmassy colours - red, green, cream, would be a great help. I usually stitch my cards on white or cream 14 or 16 count Aida.

My favourite subjects for patterns and so on are dragons, fish, Native Americans, wolves, space, sunflowers, tulips, horses, big cats, magpies, fruit, anything to do with the Lake District and horoscope stuff (I'm a Libra).

Things I'm not so fond of are teddies, fairies and really cutesy pictures.

Thank you, Mr/Mrs Stashmas, in advance. Sx
Last edited by Sarah Gixxer on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Cross-stitch_Lover

Post by Cross-stitch_Lover »

Dearest Stashmas Sender,
I am quite easy to please! I love any kind of cross-stitching: kits, charts, HAED's, etc......I don't need needles or DMC thread. Oh, I could use some AIDA cloth 14-18 count-any color, any size.
FYI, I collect magnets so I would love a magnet from your area if possible!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in advance.....
Happy Holidays!!!! :gift:
MGE :tea:
Last edited by Cross-stitch_Lover on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KerryT

Post by KerryT »

:D Hi Secret Stashmas sender,

I have been a very good cross stitcher since joining the forum all of the encouragement has been great !

I use both DMC and Anchor but I have just startr
ed to experiment with other threads (Caron)
I prefer evenweave but have not tried and dyed fabrics!

I am not into fantacy subjects but I love cats and wild cats

I do both kits and patterns.

I use size 28 needles

Hope that this helps

Kerry

x
ImageImageImage
helbel

Post by helbel »

Dear Stashmas sender,

I'm thinking of starting my storykeep HAEDS next year, so I'd like some small bits of evenweave of different counts to do some practice stitching so I know what fabric I should buy. Would love to try little bits of linen/cotton in the higher counts.

I've never worked with silk or variegated thread so I'd like to try some of these.

I use size 26 gold plated needles, and I collect wooden needlecases so I always have somewhere to store them!

Plastic bobbins would be helpful, as currently I use cardboard and I'd like to try switching. (Can always use more cardboard ones though! :) )

I'm not one for cute/fairy/cartoons but am thinking of making Christmas decorations next year so anything small with trees/santa/snowmen/snowflakes etc for the tree would be super. Kits/charts I don't mind!

Hopefully that's given you plenty of choice!

helbel
megandmog

Post by megandmog »

Dear Stashmas Santa,

I have been a very good girl this year and am easily pleased, so shopping for me should be a doddle.

My favourite colours are purples and pinks. I love seasonal images and have the usual obsession with peacocks, flamingos, pretty birds and anything Oriental.

I love using different threads and fabrics - sparkly, hand dyed, variegated, aida, evenweave etc etc.

I would love to try a biscornu and anything else that would allow me to display my work differently than just in a frame on the wall!

I'm not afraid of complicated or big projects.

I love suprises, especially anything pretty and sparkly.

Thank you. :-)

Gem
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I've been a fairly good stitcher this year having finished quite a few projects. We won't mention the ones that haven't been finished yet...

I would very much like a pre-finished stitching item like those fancy lacy bookmarks or a handbag mirror. Because of an eBay bargain I've got about a life-time supply of coasters and keyrings, so preferably not more of those :-)

Or any hand-dyed fabric -- small pieces are great because I do such a lot of small projects. I LOVE silk threads and have just started getting myself some Vikki Clayton Premium Silk Floss, I'd love any colour of that as I've only got about 4 of them so far. Or Madeira Glissengloss Rainbow metallics -- I've been looking for some pastel shades like light blue and green or lavender.

The one thing that would really not get used is kits. I've got one which I got because I loved the kingfisher in it and I've been working on that for about two years now, and one large white rose sampler I picked up at a Fair as a bargain, and they will probably outlive me. It's probably because I love changing the fabric and threads and chart and everything :-).

Hope this helps!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

Dear secret stash supplier :lol:

I have lots of aida, cottons, patterns, kits, prestitchables, acrylics. But, what I would like is

to try thread heaven as i have never used it before and I would like some of the smaller Margaret Sherry designs, sizes that are suitable for cards.

I also like mini kits-cards, biscournu, bookmarks ect - any of those little things that can be made into quick gifts. Like the ones that come with the magazines, those kind of things.

I would also like to try using DMC Impressions in the neutral colours..beige, cream ect or the zweigart marble effects fabric in pastel type colours, even a small bit enough for a bookmark would be great.

Edited cause my wish of having a DMC colour card came true before stashmas courtesy of cross stitcher magazine :dance: and edited again cause I read on the forum about DMC Impressions and got curious :oops:
Last edited by *barb* on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
minij

Post by minij »

Dear Stashmas sender

I am lucky to have all the DMC standard floss and I am not so keen on dragons, unicorns, native american or religious but apart from that I am very easily pleased.

I like charts and kits, use 14 to 28 count aida or evenweave all colours or dyes (can't see anything finner even with a magnifyer), speciality threads, cardboard or plastic bobbins, 24 to 28 needles, love scissors, :thinks: don't have a needle case, scissor fob, fancy bookmarks, biscornu etc etc

I love pretty girly things but best of all I love surprises so anything will be greatfully received and appreciated but hope this helps

Thank you Stashmas Sender
Janet
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

oohh citing

hmmm :thinks:

i have been rather good this year, started many a projects finished not soo many
some plastic bobbins will be useful along with DMC and maderia threads. oh and some project wallets, like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0322307223" target="_blank so I can kit up some charts.

oh and some DMC impressions aida would be great :D i prefer 14ct aida, dont like evenweave/aida

other than that a surprise would be great :D

thankies
xxx
4blessings

Post by 4blessings »

To the supplier of stash,

I'm lucky enough to have all the DMC colours but would love to try some different threads especially silks.
I don't really use aida, but prefer evenweave 28ct or 32ct.
I like charts rather than kits. I'm into band samplers at the moment, and would love to try a biscornu!
I'm also trying to collect 'Just Cross Stitch' - only have 2 copies so far.
Overall I would be grateful and very happy with anything sent to me. :D

Thank you.
Melanie