Hello

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

scmom3boys

Hello

Post by scmom3boys »

Hi. I'm Laura and am 44 - have been stitching in one form or another since I was about 8 years old. Cross stitching is my therapy. My boys are 18, 16 (with autism), and 3 years old. My husband and I have been married for 19 years. I found this site while just browsing the web. Can anyone tell me how you put the in the cute little pictures that show up under your names? I'm kind of new at some of this computer stuff. When I was a little girl my dad used to bring home used IBM punch cards for my brother and me to play with. Thanks!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." Henry David Thoreau
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Laura, welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum, everybody is very friendly and helpful. I'm going to leave the detailed IT instructions to somebody else who knows what they are doing. :shock: In the meantime, if you put 'avatars' into 'Search' you will find some posts from Alex, our moderator, which explains about avatars. You do it through your own profile information.

Yes, I remember IBM punch cards well - but in my day they were part of the office!
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Hi Laura,

Nice to have you on board! I can understand why you find cross stitch so therapuetic, my husband has Asperger's and although I love him to bits, it certainly adds to lifes little challenges!!

I found a picture I liked on the net and then PM'd Alex (top of member list) who kindly sorted out all the technical stuff and it "magically" appeared for me in no time. I'm not very computer wise either!!

Everyone on here are really friendly and you'll feel at home right away, I do and I only joined less than a month ago.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hi Laura,

I hope that you find us very helpful and can add your own style and fun to our board it is great to welcome new members. Join in it makes it so much better to have lots of traffic.

As for the Avatars there is a place in the profile section to help you add the pictures. You can use a personal photo that has been resized or you can find them on the net and just link it into your sign. The picture can be no larger then 80X80. If you are having trouble ask Alex as he is a wizz at the technical stuff. We are just stitcher. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Welcome to the forum!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland. Everyone seems to have given you advice about an avatar, so you'll soon have that sorted. Next, you'll have to see to putting pictures in the gallery. :shock:
Stitchindude

Greetings From The Deep South!

Post by Stitchindude »

Welcome Laura, to our wonderful world of stitching, fun and a whole lot of chatter! (Sometimes that is the best part!) Feel free to join in at any time, and keep on Stitchin!
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
raelou

Post by raelou »

Welcome Laura to the forum,Hope you post often :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from SW France too.
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Welcome Laura from the North of England
Alexanie

Post by Alexanie »

Hi Laura,

a welcome from Austria.

I can understand that cross stitching is a therapy for you. I'm relaxing while stitching, too.
Robzeebobs

Post by Robzeebobs »

Hi Laura
Welcome from Oxford, New Zealand
Im back home from my hospital visit and looking forward to the next 3-4
weeks off work stitching :D :D :D . Have completed 1 ufo(unfinished object) and 1 new blackwork bell pull already. Will get out the camera later this week and add them to the gallery.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Hi Laura, welcome from Canada. You will love it here. If you need any questions answered aomeone will know it, just ask. Hope to see some of your work in the gallery
Linda
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Welcome Laura to the family. I am sure you will find us a really friendly bunch of stitchers :):) who are always willing to offer words of encouragement or advice. Hope you will put some of your work in the gallery for us to ooh and ahh over.
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Hi Laura, welcome from the east of England! Hope you enjoy yourself!

:D :D :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)