Here they go again

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

What is more important

Perfect back
3%
Perfect Front
17%
Enjoying your stitching and hoping for perfection
80%

Total votes: 35

pebbles

Post by pebbles »

I try to keep the back as neat as possible but I have a habit of carrying my threads over to another area (when it can't be seen from the front!) as my work is always framed before anyone can see it :lol:
lacemaker2004

Can't stress over what I can't seem to control

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi, I didn't vote but I definitely fall into that last category. I tried to make my backs really neat and perfect but somehow I would flip it over at some point and find I had made a bit of a mess. I do try to not carry the threads more than a few stitches but I just can't seem to be as good about the consistency of how I do the stitch and tucking the tails. I know it's all just a matter of diligence on my side but after awhile it just falls apart. :oops:
Alyson
rubyviolet

Post by rubyviolet »

heh, i'm too busy and have a hard enough time getting the front to look like it should, much less the back :lol:

someone told me once that you tell whether or not a cross stitch piece is a "quality" one by looking at how neat the back is. i've found that isn't necessarily the case though... i think the front is far more important than the back but even more so, it's just about having fun. i love that little feeling of "YES!!!!" i get whenever i finish a piece. to me, that's all that really matters.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

hahaha i chosse Hope for perfection. I just think as long as u enjoy stitchin it then thats all that matters. Tbh i dont really bother what the back looks like i can always cover that up some how :lol: