Bluebell Bridge CC 201 by Needlepoise.

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

penny vine

Bluebell Bridge CC 201 by Needlepoise.

Post by penny vine »

A long time ago I bought this kit but have only just got round to sewing it. Then I find that the chart is missing. Needlepoise have ceased trading and another company has told me that there have been other people who have said that charts are missing from their kits. If anyone can lend/sell/copy me a copy I would be willing to pay.....Many thanks for looking and for your help......Penny
Rose

Post by Rose »

Penny if someone does have the chart the only legal way for you to get it is if they give you the original or if they sell it to you. Copyright laws prohibit the exchange of copied charts without the consent of the designer. It is very important that we all honor the copyright of these individuals. For more information about this check out the board rules.

I don't have this chart so can not help you.

Welcome to the board I don't think I seen you before but we are getting more and more members hopefully some one can help you with the chart.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

No wonder Needlepoise went out of business! I hope someone has a chart they can sell to you.

Copyright can be such a b***er, but it's that sort of thing that can close down a forum like this. And we don't want that, do we :?: :!:

(And HI from me, and all. :D )
penny vine

Copyright

Post by penny vine »

I am well aware of the copyright situations but since the company has ceased trading and they no longer provide the chart, then I do not understand why I cannot ask for a copy. My apologies if this offends.I wouldn't want to infringe on this ...

HOWEVER, if the company cannot provide the chart and was inconsistent in their products (ie failing to provide full chart with the kit even though it claimed that it had) then I cannot understand the problem with asking for a copy. It just means that someone else has been fortunate enough to purchase the kit (which was not cheap) and had the pleasure of receiving it in it's entirety whereas I was sold short. I feel I have justification in this case.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

No offense taken.

I don't know where you are located, but in the UK, Needlepoise would be in breech of the Trade Descriptions Act, which makes it illegal to sell goods which are unfit for purpose. This, of course, won't help you now, even if it's a reminder for us all to check the goods we buy at the time of purchase in case we've been "Needlepoised". :x

I'm not sure of the rules when a company ceases trading. If it is similar to authors' copyrights -- where death does not mean that copyright immediately ceases -- then it is possible that Needlepoise or its creditors (more likely the latter) do have an interest in further sales of outstanding stock. And there's the sticking point.
penny vine

Bluebell Bridge

Post by penny vine »

Thank you for your understanding on this matter...........if it was an "obvious" picture that I could look at and then work out the chart, that wouldn't be so bad..but sadly it isn't.

The reason that it has taken me so long to look at sewing the kit is that my husband bought it for just before he left me (after 23 years ) and naturally it has been a bit of a sore subject...........finding that the chart is missing has just added to rubbing salt in the wound. Maybe I should accept it is "fate" and just dispose of the whole kit........(without chart!!)
Such a shame though as it is a beautiful picture.........
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Humph. I suspect it's karma or fate or wyrd, and you should just forget it (and him, come to that, not that it's any of my business.)

However:
http://www.stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite ... lu=158004M
or
http://www.stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite ... ?plu=NS013 (the bluebell wood in this issue is superb -- I've stitched it!. Alas, there isn't a kit for it, but the magazine is still available.)