Hiya! New here...

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ConnieO

Hiya! New here...

Post by ConnieO »

Just thought I'd say Hi. I'd love to join a stitching group but can't find any near me so I thought I'd give the web a go.

My next cross stitch project is a Somebunny picture from Cross Stitcher, just waiting for materials to arrive from HappyCrossstitcher.com, been nearly 2 weeks, Grrrrr.

Also on the go is a tapestry and a crochet top. Anyone else do multiple projects at the same time?

:)
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome! yes, thank goodness for the net..I don't know 1 other person near me that stitches!!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
raelou

Post by raelou »

Welcome , It's nice to be able to speak to other's who stitch,as I don't have anyone either, there is a group near but i'm to shy to ask to join, the internet is so much easier and you can speak to people thosands of miles away or just down the road ,I hope you come often and make lots of new friends.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Connie, welcome to the forum. When I first began stitching I worked on one project at a time until I'd finished it and then started something else. But now I have two or three things on the go so I don't get bored - so you're not on your own. There is nobody near me who stitches either, but I've found lots of friends on the forum. I'm sure you will too. :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome too from SW France. I have a friend who lives just over the hill who does patchwork, but all my stitching friends are here in the Forum. I, too have several things on the go. Keeps my enthusiasm going. :lol: look forward to getting to know you better. :D
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome welcome, I think that is why most of us join the net boards, I know no one who is interesed in my crafting, but they don't turn any down.hehe. Hope to get toknow you and all the newbies. Happy stitching;. :mrgreen:
Linda
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Hello!

I feel quite lucky as my best friend ( who lives about 2 minutes away) is an avid cross sticher, who also loves doing mermaids and unusual things like me. I hope to get her signed up to, as she has been stitching longer than me and has some really beautiful pieces.
ConnieO

Thanks for the welcome

Post by ConnieO »

Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. I think it's more crochet in front of the telly tonight as my materials and threads haven't arrived for my next project.
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Connie, just wanted to say welcome to the family. We are a real friendly bunch always willing to offer words of encouragement and advice. Hope you don't have to wait much longer for your next project to arrive.

Just now I am reallly struggling to finish my latest project, which I must say I started about 12 years ago, and got fed up of it and put it away in my stash pile and forgot all about. Since I took it out I realise why it was a UFO for a long time. Not much left to do but just can't seem to get the motivation to get it finished. However today I am going to have a concerted effort at trying to get it finished. Wish me luck.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to the board. I jioned because I was on the net looking for a pattern and some information. But that was because there was no one around to ask as all my friends love my stitching but none of them do any stitching and when I first started the local cross stitch shop had just closed so the net was my savior. It is a great place to come and talk and share experiences as well as ask questions and share new sites and information.

I do other crafts as well, crochet, scrapbooking, and quilting I try to combine them together as with my angels and mom's quilt. I have also thought of cross stitching tags and stuff to use in some of my scrap pages. So it all works out together.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi, ConnieO, and welcome from the West of Scotland.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

Welcome from Spain, Connie! :wink:
Personally, I only know one person who stitcher, a girl from my work, but thanks to the net I know a lot of crossstitchers!!
I only have to speake better my English :?
:D
I hope you enjoy here :wink:
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Welcome connie from the North of England
Stitchindude

Welcome Aboard!

Post by Stitchindude »

Hi there, and from one newbie to another welcome aboard!
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!