Hello everyone.... I'm a bit shy!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ekidna

Hello everyone.... I'm a bit shy!

Post by Ekidna »

:D Hello, I've just discovered this site while searching for some tips on net for a new project I'm about to start.

I live in Uk with my hubby who is english, I'm an aussie from QLD. I've lived over here on and off for past 10 years. I'm 28, and I'm a housewife I suppose, although if it were not for my ME I'd probably be working or studying. But then I may never have started cross stitching, :cry: so I guess there really is a silver lining to every dark cloud. :wink: I have been xstitching for about 18 months and I've completed 7 projects to date, nearly to be 8.

I particularly enjoy challenging patterns, or ones that use different stiches, fabrics or threads and beads.

My next project is a heaven and earth pattern by Selina Fenech(a fellow aussie!! :wink: ) called sea of roses and I have to say I'm a little nervous!!

Anyway I look forward to sharing tips, experiences with fellow xstitchers.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to the board. This is avery friendly place with alot of helpful stitchers. We hope to see you post many more times and whatever it is that is scaring you if we can help let us know. I have not done a H&E myself but others have and they are beautiful.

Help and support are just a message away!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Its just the few stitches I have done look so tiny!! :shock: I've done a 16 ct on aida, and I've also done a mirabilia design on belfast before, but these stitches seem so much smaller. :!: The pattern is 2 threads over 1 on 25ct on Laguna.

Is this panic reaction normal???
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome, no need to be shy everyone is great here. Please post some of your work in the gallery. We love to see what everyone is stitchin. We're just nosy lol.
Linda
raelou

Post by raelou »

Welcome to the board, I hope you make lots of friends here and get the advice you're after,I haven't done h&e either but would love to see a picture
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Welcome to the family. I am sure you will find us a really friendly bunch who are always willing to offer words of encouragement and advice.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

No need to be shy with us!

No, don't panic: 25ct over 1 is going to look minute! But the detail will be fabulous and when you finish it (and you work almost as fast as Rose! you clever-fingered girl) it will look like a painting. Beautiful. Just don't for get to post a photo in the gallery.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Welcome Ekidna. Look forward to hearing more from you. You'll find lots of friends willing to give advice and help. Good luck with 'Sea of Roses'. :D
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Well, thank you every body for the welcome, and the encouragement!! :D I will post up my photo's when I pick up a new battery for my camera. I'm a terrible procrastinator I'm afraid, :oops: but I do get there in the end! :wink:

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go