Hi newbie Jano here

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

jano0108

Hi newbie Jano here

Post by jano0108 »

Found this forum site via the Cross Stitcher magazine (May issue) and thought I would give it a go. Absolutely cross stitch mad but lately have found out how to use the computer and am now driving my children mad!!!

Am 47 yrs, married with three children (17, 15 & 12) and am owned by four cats (I'm cat mad too). Love to stitch anything cute - the cuter the better.

Hope to speak new stitchers very soon.

Take care.
Jan
clheslop99

Post by clheslop99 »

Hi Jan and everyone else!

I'm new too and also from the sunny South of England! :D
I've been stitching for about 7 years now and found this site on a search engine while looking for tips and things.

I'm married and we have 2 cats (well, I have 4 unofficially as the 2 I grew up with still live at my mum's).

I have several cross-stitches on the go - I'm a bit notorious in my family for buying more before I've finished the ones I'm doing and then just having to start them... :wink: But then my mum buys them for me too for Christmas cos she can't resist them either!!

Hope to speak to people soon.

Claire x
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Welcome to the forum Clare and Jan. I'm a cat lover too, but, unfortunately, we live near to a main road and so have had to make the decision not to have any more. I think we're all guilty of constantly adding to our stash, Claire, so you've come to the right place. :D
Hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to hearing more from you. What are you working on at the moment?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me SW France, Clare & Jan. Glad you found us here. :D
Having a big stash is part of the pleasure of Stitching, feeling the lovely fabrics and seeing the threads nestling in silken skeins and the planning..... Oh I could go on & on!! :shock:

We have 2 'chats sauvage' ie out-side semi wild cats, both neutered and very well fed! They would like to be inside cats, but the mice live outside, so should the cats :wink:
raelou

Post by raelou »

:D Welcome Jan and Clare.
clheslop99

Post by clheslop99 »

Hi all!

One of my 'furbabies' is currently sitting on my lap staring at me and occasionally trying to climb up me, obviously if I have time to type then I have time to speak to her!! :wink:
I have two cats where we live (on a main road) but they are housecats - they had never gone out before we had them either - probably the only reason we agreed to have them because of the road...

At the moment I'm working on a large school of dolphins (and have been for about the last 5 years), a Charles Wysocki cat for my mum (1.5 years), a shamrock bookmark my mum got me for Christmas (on and off for 4 months), and am about to embark on a Noah's Ark sampler for our friends who are about to have their second child (so I have an excuse for starting yet another one!). It is gorgeous though, but didn't look so complicated before I bought it! It's my first evenweave cross-stitch too so am trying to work it out. I also have more that I'm not allowed to start untill I finish some of the others...

What is everyone else working on? I don't know anyone who does cross-stitch except me so it's exciting to find lots of people here who do! :D xx
raelou

Post by raelou »

I'm the only stitcher in my circle of family and friends, so it's nice to chat to others with the same hobby,I have just finished one project so having a rest and i am reading a book.I do have lots of WIP's and a pile of small kits to do ,but i will get around to them one day. Good luck with your evenweave , the first one i did was quite daunting ,But i finished it in the end.
jano0108

Post by jano0108 »

:D
Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome.

At the moment, I'm working a two of John Clayton's Elegance Ladies and have numerous other kits on the go. I'm have to admit that I too could just 'drown' in my stitching stuff!!!

It's a bit warm today, so our cats are currently laying around the house trying to keep cool. We've got a garden, so they can find shade there too.
Hope everyone's cats/dogs/pets are o.k. today.

Happy stitching, speak soon.

Jan
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome to the group! look forward to getting to know you better!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome to the group from Canada, (southern Ontario) glad you found us, looking forward to seeing your stitching. We love to see what everyone is working on,. Right now I am doing a bellpull. Had a mistake and took three days to figure it out but now I am back on track. Enjoy your visits here,.
Linda
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Hi Jan. I only joined this week as well but have already had some nice responces to my messages. It's gorgeous here in the North West as well today and yes my 4 cats and two dogs have all been basking in the sunshine. Like you I found the site in Cross Stitcher magazine and have found it very friendly :D
Smile, life is too short for sour faces
jano0108

Post by jano0108 »

Hi coffee_freak and many thanks for your welcome.

Have had a look at your webshots album, wow you've been busy. You've done some lovely projects, well done. I noticed that you've done the Guardian Angel - this is on my to do list just need the threads and I'm there.

Happy stitching
jano0108

Post by jano0108 »

Hi mauveme many thanks for your welcome. We are in the process of getting another computer (I'm using my hubbies at the mo) - for my children and myself to use, this is hopefully coming next week!!

My son Rich has just got a new digitial camera and soon we'll be posting some of my work on Photobucket, but its not ready yet - will let you all know when its up and running!!
jano0108

Post by jano0108 »

Hello Lynne, thank you for your welcome and I welcome you too!!!!

I'm finding this computer stuff a bit scary but extremely addictive and boy, has my stitching suffered. I really enjoy the Cross Stitcher magazine, it was the first mag I got and I've been with it since issue 50. And now using the forum I can actually get in touch with other stitchers instead of stitching quietly on my own.

Hope you have fun on the forum too. Happy stitching.
speystitch

Post by speystitch »

Welcome! It is ever so friendly here,
I have to really try and sort out how to put finishes in to the gallery, DH will know, the only thing is most of mine were gifts to family, I have no pictures of them!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

jano0108 wrote:Hello Lynne, thank you for your welcome and I welcome you too!!!!

I'm finding this computer stuff a bit scary but extremely addictive and boy, has my stitching suffered. I really enjoy the Cross Stitcher magazine, it was the first mag I got and I've been with it since issue 50. And now using the forum I can actually get in touch with other stitchers instead of stitching quietly on my own.

Hope you have fun on the forum too. Happy stitching.
That is exactally what happened to me when I first got the computer :lol: But it will wear off. ( in a year hehe) I finally had to force myself to limit my computer time so I could stitch.
Linda
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

I know exactly how you feel, I'm supposed to be stitching now but got side tracked reading your messages :roll:
Smile, life is too short for sour faces