this is all new to me

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

roxyribbons

this is all new to me

Post by roxyribbons »

HI I'm Karen in Devon England. Would love to chat to anyone anywhere. I am absolutely mad about cross stitch and any other craft going. Married with six children so life is pretty hectic.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Guess so! As the 6th of 6 children, I approve! :D When do you find time to stitch?? Hang around with us, and we will do our best to keep you sane -- within a very broad definition of the term...
roxyribbons

Post by roxyribbons »

:D Glad to hear i'm not the only one mad enough to have had six children.
The youngest two get to go to nursery in the afternoons, so very selfishly i use that time as my own. At the moment i am involved in a round robin in France of Isabelle Vaultier heart designs being made into envelopes. I am happy stitching any design but am a big disney fan.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Not selfish! Not selfish at all. Self-preservation; which is very important for you and the children. Not to mention husband! :lol: Actually, I suspect my mother was slightly mad: my five sisters and brothers were born in seven years... I suspect she was slightly thankful for the intervention of WW2... I trailed behind slightly. :oops:
LuckyDice

Post by LuckyDice »

Welcome to the family! I am also the youngest of 6, and congrats on being able to do it...I don't think I ever could! And definately I agree with Serinde, it is FOR SURE self preservation...you'd go batty without it I'm sure :wink:
Again welcome!
roxyribbons

Post by roxyribbons »

Hi all, Thanks for not making me feel quilty. Somedays its a mad house and i love every minute of it. Stitching is a great way to wind down, i often lose myself in a project. :)
LuckyDice

Post by LuckyDice »

Of course we wouldn't make you feel guilty...we're all guilty of it too. Don't want to point the fingers at ourselves either!! :lol:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. As an only child I was always envious of friends who had lots of siblings. Now that I'm (much) older I still miss the support of siblings along life's way - it must be lovely to be part of a big family. I agree that stitching is not selfish - you've got to have some 'me' time, you deserve it. :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, English Rose, just think: you have all of us a virtual sibling. (Now there's scary!)
roxyribbons

Post by roxyribbons »

hi english rose
what have you let yourself in for, all of us to bug you, moan at you,and be there for you and in return you can grumble, laugh, scream and anything else to us and unlike family that can be a real pain we will just be here.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

How nice to have a virtual family - thank you. :D Yes, Karen, I can see the benefits of this. :roll:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ah. Obviously the optimist of the family. :P
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

And a hello from me too in SW France. So nice to see so many Newbies here :P Welcome to you All
Kate

Post by Kate »

Hi Karen, what part of Devon are you in? I've just joined here too, nice to see you :D