Weight F-loss!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

twinkleberry

Weight F-loss!!

Post by twinkleberry »

Right, so a few of us have decided to group together to spur each other on our weight loss journeys. (owing to the fact that we like the members of this forum better than those on others! all you nice people you! :wub: )

The plan is to post our progress on this thread weekly to share our losses and gains, for praise and for encouragement.
I don't think it best to have a set day so I encourage you to post on a weekly basis on your own schedule.

i'm thinking that anyone who would like to join should just post a thread to introduce themselves and their goals.

so here goes :

I'm Natalie.
I'm 21 and in 2007 i lost 3 stone for my wedding in May 2008.
Unfortunately owing to changes in jobs, and the DREADED christmas binge, i am now 10lbs heavier than i was on my wedding day. i know it may seem a small amount compared to some (having lost 3 stone once i know the dread that some may feel but i proved it can be done!)
My overall plan is going to be to lose 20lbs in time for my birthday on August 19th. but for starters, i'm aiming to get those 10lbs back off. and i am planning to do this by our 1st anniversary on May 4th.
I am planning to return to my weightwatchers meetings to get back on track with the plan, and for extra support (not saying that you lot aren't FABULOUS of course!! :D )
I will be weighing in on a Tuesday (same day as my WW weigh in) :)

I look forward to hearing from others in the same boat and am here for any support or encouragement that may be needed
x x x x x x x x x
Love, Twinkles
x x x x x x x x x

http://honeyishrunk.blogspot.com

coffee_freak

Re: Weight F-loss!!

Post by coffee_freak »

oh me me!!

I'm 5'3" and have had 2 kids.
My lowest weight as an adult was 125lbs and highest 210lbs.
I got on low carb just before the birth of my son and had to stop...
so I went down to 140lbs then back up to 210lbs.
I then have tried to start atkins again..only to fail..
but I am super motivated and have been on the right track now for 1 week.

Start weight was 175lbs
I weigh on sundays so we'll see at the end of week one!!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

I'll join in here too.

Well I'm 5'9" and 29 years old. I've pretty much struggled with weight my whole life. My highest weight was 341 pounds (I know..alot) but back in march of 2005 I decided to have gastric bypass surgery and I ended up getting down to about 178 pounds in just around a year(went from a size 28 to a size 12/14). I then maintained at around 185 pounds for the last 3 years but started gaining some over the last 4 or 5 months. So weighed myself on the 1st of January and was 198.7 (eek!) So that's my starting weight and I really really want to get under 170 as that was always my original goal. I'm doing weight watchers and my weigh in day is friday. Crossing my fingers for a good weigh in tomorrow!

I'm very glad you guys are doing this too as it will really keep me motivated to stick with this! :D
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Nylarim

Post by Nylarim »

My name is Nylarim, 43, happily married, housewife and no kids (not by choice). I should have time to lose weight but instead I'm gaining them. I love rice, breads and pasta, desserts and chocolates and am sitting down most of the time since I am a cross stitch addict not to mention lazy hahaha and a husband who spoils me.

My highest weight was 162 lbs @ 5'6", at least it's what showed in our weighing scale. To think that I weigh 128 lbs when I got married 11 years ago. I've been trying to lose weight since then, but my losing weight journey has it's ups and downs. A lot of times, I fell off the wagon.

I have 2 reasons to lose weight, to kick the hypertension and to attend the 50th wedding annversary of my inlaws on April 18th. I like to lose 19 lbs but sounds unrealistic and my sisters are telling me that it might not be good for me....age, height to consider. If I can lose the 14 lbs before the party, I'll be happy with that.
Last edited by Nylarim on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murmured

Post by Murmured »

I'm 21 and 5'5". Ever since I've moved out of home I've done nothing but put on weight. I moved out at 18, and I used to weigh 56kg (123.2lbs). I got up to 75kg (165lbs) last christmas, managed to drop 8kg (17.6lbs) but have put it all back on again. I'm really struggling to shift the weight this time. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I have a feeling that I've put on even more weight, seeing as how I've gone up a pants/skirt size :( .

My boyfriend is really encouraging and supportive about it, and we've decided to go on a vegan diet together (a healthy vegan diet, which means no living off deep fried potatoes and dark chocolate). So hopefully not having any meat, dairy or eggs will help me cut some of the fat out of my diet. We have decided to not drink alcohol too. For the week or so that we've been doing it, it's been successful, but a little hard. I love cheese so much.

My goal will be to get down around the 60kg (132 lbs) mark. As long as I'm in that general area I'll be happy, but first I've got to get under 70kg. I'll be weighing in on sunday
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
twinkleberry

Post by twinkleberry »

hello and welcome to all of you that have joined so far. i just wanted to say good luck to you all.

also i think that perhaps if we all had a ticker (courtesy of http://www.tickerfactory.com" target="_blank) then we won't have an excuse to forget about this thread having got too engrossed in the cross stitch threads! (although we'll still be COMPLETELY engrossed in the cross stitch itself) because evertime we post, the ticker will show!! what do you think? :D
x x x x x x x x x
Love, Twinkles
x x x x x x x x x

lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi, can I join in? I've just lost about 20 pounds using weight watchers and I'm not looking to lose more. I started at the end of September and hit my goal at Thanksgiving and now I'm still in the early stages of maintenance. Since it was relatively quick I am still moving to feel comfortable with understanding it fully. I may also be able to help give some insight on what I've learned along the way, ways to convert recipes, etc.
Alyson

Oh I'm 47, married, fuzzies and feathered kids, work full time, started at 168 and I'm down bouncing in the 150 range (up or down a pound or so each week though I somehow managed to drop 147 across the holidays.
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hello, is it all right to join in on a non-ticker basis? DH and I both gained rather over the holidays and we seem to do it at the same rate of pounds (only he is two stone heavier than me :-)) -- we're now trying to lose it slowly not so much by a particular diet but simply by having fewer things to eat in between meals (I already cook smallish portions, using mostly lean meats and lots of veg, although I do have a fondness for cream in cooking...) -- like having one scone instead of two with our afternoon cuppa.

When we got married 3 1/2 years ago I was 35, 5'7" and 8 1/2 stone (= 119 pounds or 54kg), DH was 52, 5'10" and 10 1/2 stone (=147 pounds or nearly 67kg). We are still the same height :-), 3 1/2 years older, and just after New Year stood at 9 stone 3 pounds (58.5kg) and 11 stone 3 pounds (71kg) respectively. Eek! We have since then each lost two pounds, but some way still to go.

I don't really need to get back to my "wedding weight", which was on the light side for my height, but I would like to get back to my pre-Christmas weight of 8 stone 9 pounds. I know it may not sound very serious, but the extra weight does make me feel puffy and so I would like to lose it. I'll try to weigh in every Sunday.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

woohoo! lots of us here to keep each other going!
and I won't use a ticker either..mainly because I just forget to update it..lol
but I will add something to my signature...
2 more days till my weigh in!
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Hi everyone! I did my weigh in this morning and the results were very good!

So starting weight on January 2nd was 198.7 and weigh in today was 194.8 so I lost 3.9 pounds. :D

I would use one of those tickers but that website is blocked at my work so I can't put one on here.
Kerri
Current WIP:

twinkleberry

Post by twinkleberry »

Well done kerbear!!

and hello to newcomers!

the ticker was just an idea i had but don't have to have one if don't want :)

i've decided i'm definately going to re-join my meeting on tuesday so just gotta try not to gain any more until then!!!!! :?
x x x x x x x x x
Love, Twinkles
x x x x x x x x x

K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Hey all... could I join in too? I can't actually weigh myself at the mo because our scales have broken but I am going to buy some new ones when we go shopping next week :) I can start off with some info.. im 19, 5'3 and in size 16-18 clothes now :cry: I dont work at the mo (this isn't my choice) and I think the main reason I have put so much weight on is because I moved in with my boyfriend in March, before this I was working and on my feet all day, I also was going to the gym which was helping me keep my weight off. Now with not working, I hardly want to go out the house to be honest, I moved away from my friends and family so I dont really know anyone here and it costs too much to keep traveling to see them :( So I spend most my days sitting in our flat stitching or reading which can't be good for me.

My goal is to get back to a size 12 again but im not sure if I can do it to be honest, I was thinking about doing the Atkins diet again but the last time I did this, I just put all the weight straight back on... Im thinking I might just try to eat more healthy and get out the house more, this will take longer to loose the weight but I think it might be easier in the long run because I should be able to keep it off
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

K1ns- I have a job where I sit at a computer all day and I barely get any exercise so about a year and a half ago I bought a pedometer and I wear it every day and I also track my steps on this fabulous site walkertracker.com My mom decided she wanted to do that too so she got one and her and her boyfriend both track their steps on walkertracker too. So now it's turned into more of a competition and it motivates me to walk every day (i hate exercising and walking is the only thing I can stand doing). anyways, I'm a little strange though because I'll just pace back and forth around the living room to get extra steps. I also try to get up and walk around the office every half hour or so. It's been the only way I've found to get my exercise in with my lifestyle. I don't know if this could work for you but I just thought I would suggest it! Good luck! I'll be here cheering you on!
Kerri
Current WIP:

K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Thankyou for your reply kerbear879... this walking thing sounds great! I hate exercise too so maybe this would work for me... Would be good if a few of us got into this comp of how many steps we can do?
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

we are the same height K1ns! I'm in a size 14-16 now..also don't work..buy by choice..so i can relate on how hard it is when you don't work and move and walk all day..well i do..with cleaning and chasing a 2yo..but still not the same.
i have started going to the gym that is free and on site of the apartment complex where I live..

good luck to you!!!
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Walking is about the only type of exercise I can contemplate with any peace of mind :-) -- although I did do ballet classes some 15 years ago when they were practically on my doorstep, but there isn't anywhere near here to do them :-(. Must get ot more and walk though -- running our own business, and my part being mostly accounts and website maintenance, you can work out how much exercise I get every day... :roll:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
twinkleberry

Post by twinkleberry »

kerbear879 wrote:K1ns- I have a job where I sit at a computer all day and I barely get any exercise so about a year and a half ago I bought a pedometer and I wear it every day and I also track my steps on this fabulous site walkertracker.com My mom decided she wanted to do that too so she got one and her and her boyfriend both track their steps on walkertracker too. So now it's turned into more of a competition and it motivates me to walk every day (i hate exercising and walking is the only thing I can stand doing). anyways, I'm a little strange though because I'll just pace back and forth around the living room to get extra steps. I also try to get up and walk around the office every half hour or so. It's been the only way I've found to get my exercise in with my lifestyle. I don't know if this could work for you but I just thought I would suggest it! Good luck! I'll be here cheering you on!
Lol I must be strange too as I did the same thing when I got my pedometer! :lol:

The step competition sounds good! They did a similiar thing at weight watchers last year where all the members had to keep track of how many steps they took for the week, then the leaders collected the totals and worked out how many times round the world they had walked or something similar (although I didn't actually take part :? Oops!)

I'd defo be up for a little friendly competition! :D
x x x x x x x x x
Love, Twinkles
x x x x x x x x x

burgundyice

Post by burgundyice »

Ooh, can I join in?? I just missed all the creation of this thread, hmm, that's what you get for suddenly getting busy work on a Friday afternoon!
I'm 26, 5'7 and size 16/18, don't know what I weigh, maybe 175 or 12-13 stone at a wild guess.
For my 21st birthday in October 2003 I weighed 9 stone 6 and was a size 8-10, although was beginning to feel a bit skinny at that stage. I went from a size 14-16 to 8-10 in a little over a year AND at that stage I didn't stitch! so goodness knows what I occupied myself with not to eat!
The annoying (or maybe good) thing is I still have all my old "slim" clothes, and am reluctant to buy new stuff at this size....
I started on Facebook a couple of weeks ago & most of the photos on there are from a couple of years ago :( as I don't seem to have any good ones of me since then, hmmm.
I've been around this size since our wedding in June 2006, not sure if that means it'll be easier or harder to shift some of it??!!
My weakness is CRISPS and LOTS of them, last thing at night, before going to sleep, reaally bad for the metabolism,hmm.
Like many of us on here, I sit at a desk practically all day but I do have a 15min walk down to the bus stop in the mornings; on the way home I get a minibus up the hill, as it's a choice between an unlit pathway (no chance) or up the side of the road (dangerous), until the lighter evenings come and I can walk up the path again!
I'm hoping to do a combination of eating less, eating lighter, healthier things/more filling, healthier things and upping the walking.
I must confess that when I was losing all that weight in 2003 I probably didn't eat enough and lost it too quickly. There has to something not quite right when a cream cracker makes you feel full...
One good thing I've always done is drink plenty of water, definitely about 3 pints a day, I would recommend it to everyone, just try it & see how differently & how much better you feel!

I'd like to be around a size 12 again, to feel "normal" rather than "fat side of normal"
I don't have scales at the moment but will update with what how I feel I've been doing, extra exercise etc....

Louise
HAED WIPS: Too many to list!
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

Thankyou coffee_freak for your support... This is such a great idea because I have joined weight-loss forums in the past but alot of the members are just so rude, its great to be doing it with people from here :dance:
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Walking competition sounds great to me! Here's the pedometer I have http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digi ... B0000U1OCI It's really accurate and just about everyone I know that has a pedometer has one of these. I am pretty sure I got mine for walmart for a few dollars cheaper.
Kerri
Current WIP: