Celtic Ladies episode 3 - summer

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Are you left or right-handed? (or both?)

Left
10%
Right
85%
Both
5%

Total votes: 39

xGailx

Re: Celtic Ladies episode 3 - summer

Post by xGailx »

She is looking lovely, I love the colours and the fabbie is lovely with it...you sew quick!
What a mess your street is in...we are the same, they are digging up along our road to update old piping AND where I live across the main road from me, they are upgrading the buildings off our Health Centre AND just built a small version public library, so for the past 2 years, they have persistently dug up our roads. What a nightmare for the traffic as well first thing in the morning, as the primary school is further along the road :x
Slainte Gail x

W.I.P. Amathusia October Birthday Girl started 28-3-09
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Looking great!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
(the project, not the street!! :wink: )
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
StephanyNJC-UK

Post by StephanyNJC-UK »

The street's looking worse, they've continued on round the corner onto the roundabout at the top of the street. I was 'made' to walk round that way to the high school last night by madame child, she'd forgotten to pick up her school bag from her classroom after ITC club (mini me, what is she like *tut*) Strewth has it got cold here!

This pattern has a lot of printing errors on it, odd symbols dotted about that don't belong, and one or two that cross the line between two lil boxes, irksome, so i'm refering back to spring and winter (cos they'll all basically the same) to double check on it. And i've re-positioned the lettering (pic later) because on this picture it doesn't go flush from the edge like it does on the others, its set in a bit. (did that make any sense? or am i being qwerty... :lol: )

My gas has just been turned orf again.........bad men, men bad :cry:
The only thing superglue sticks is..its own lid on..
Cats were considered gods in Ancient Times..they haven't forgotten this.
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing their's...."
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

It's got worse? Worse than those pictures? Yikes! Haha, yes now I can pinpoint you! I shall be dropping in for a cuppa before too long, mark my words. Though with this chilly horrible weather, Gilbert will be staying tucked up under his blanket in the garage and I'll be coming in the car. Brrrrr! At least one of my job perks is I get the occasional free H. Bridge ticket if I want them - we buy those books of them for any of our lads working in Hull. They've been at Dorchester Primary School doing some big refurb for months on end.

Summer is looking lovely, you've got loads of border done!
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
StephanyNJC-UK

Post by StephanyNJC-UK »

You know what they've just done?? knocked on the door again to tell us they'll be turning it back ON again soon! Nope, they're not that quick doing whatever they do, they've hit a snag in one of the mega-holes on the street and won't be able to do whatever it was til next week. I s'pose they're gonna stand around with their hands in pockets, umming & ahhing, all day now. I'm tired already. :x :x :x
Yes Sarah, do please drop in anytime, the kettle's electric, LOL
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Blimey, what a nightmare! We never had that much trouble when they did ours. They dug holes in the street but didn't affect our drive and one day they turned the gas off for about six hours, then spent an hour in the flat trying to get the boiler connected again, but that was it. Phew! There's still a crater in next door's garden though because the house is empty so they haven't been able to connect it back to the meter. Good job I don't go out to the pub and get bladdered very often, I'd be falling down it on the way back home!

Right, I'll be over in a couple of weeks then! Busy this week and next, but after that...... mine's a white coffee! :D
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
StephanyNJC-UK

Post by StephanyNJC-UK »

ticker ticker - latest- they've all cleared off. Packed up and gone. I just overheard one of em say to the neighbour on his way going byebyes, that they can't get hold of the fitter guy to switch us all back on again. So who knows when we'll have the heating back on - ticker ticker
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

That sucks! Supposed to be snowing this weekend as well - better get some hot water bottles at the ready!!
CURRENT WIPs
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good at all does it!
:( Hopefully it will get sorted for you.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

WHY do they do these things in the WINTER!!

Have you a fire or something to keep warm?
Rose

Post by Rose »

Why are the public works people so clueless, do they have to take a stupid test to be hired for these jobs, of all the rediculous things to turn off a whole areas heating supply only to find out they can't finish the job and then oh by the way we can't figure out how to turn it back on again. :roll:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
StephanyNJC-UK

Post by StephanyNJC-UK »

Rank stupidity innit Rose. They came back just before lunchtime to turn it back on, that chappy said something about clowns (no guesses needed who he was on about), and don't they pick their times, there's snow on the way. Then one of the clowns dropped another letter thru the door to say we'll be going thru the same rigmarole again on monday. Yippee. Can't wait. Its what i live for :cry:
The wind is howling like a wolf out there...and we've already had sleet an hour or so ago (Sarah? headed your way too, i reckon) Still, we've got nice big holes to shovel the snow into.

I've got next to none of summer done today, sorry folks :x
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Not suprising with all this going on.

Lets hope they're a bit better organised by Monday! ... but don't hold your breath whatever you do!!

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Better wrap up warm, make yourself a hot chocolate/tea/coffee/Horlicks/Ovaltine/other beverage of your choice and comfort yourself with lots of stitching :-).
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
xGailx

Post by xGailx »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Better wrap up warm, make yourself a hot chocolate/tea/coffee/Horlicks/Ovaltine/other beverage of your choice and comfort yourself with lots of stitching :-).

That sounds soooo good right now, ive just finished work and thats what i want too do!
Slainte Gail x

W.I.P. Amathusia October Birthday Girl started 28-3-09
StephanyNJC-UK

Post by StephanyNJC-UK »

this was saturday and yesterday, has a fairytale feel about it doesn't it..

and the latest on hole-watch is, the gas was turned off again at 8am, its still off now at nearly 5pm. The house is frEEEEzing, there's no hot water and the child is home from school, and OH will be here soon after a day spent working outdoors too...child has just been for a pizza cos the cooker is also gas, and she says the gasmen are filling in the holes out on the road; which must mean they're finished? job done? :thinks: :thinks: The neighbours are wandering in and out looking down the cul-de-sac at them with wondering looks on their faces too.. The snow had melted by this morning, and i saw one of the chaps down our hole baling out the melt water with a saucepan (he did the neighbours' holes too). He slopped it all over the communal path instead of in the gardens, where it still sits about an inch thick sh*tty yucky liquid mud.
I've lost count how many hot water bottles i've got thru today, but i did get this much done..

and on friday i got the top border done. OH said i could get a helping hand contraption attachment for my frame (he's scared of helping scroll the rods and fiddling with the stand, thinx its hurty to ones person. I haven't shown him the cuts on my hands rigging it up with the helping hand :lol: ) On friday he got me a new pair of pliers from the supermarket, aah :wub: I had to struggle using the secateurs as pliers last week to un-do a cross-threaded wing-nut. My old pair have somehow managed to find their way into his toolbox. At work. 15 miles away. :neutral:

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

You've made great progress, expecially considering the tough circumstances, poor you! Congratulations on getting so much done
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thank goodness you are working on ... SUMMER!! :wink: :wink:
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

So pretty!!!! I hope they'll be done with all of the work soon. A hug for warmth. :hug:
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

What a nightmare situation you have going on :hug:
You amaze me with you tenacity :applesauce: :applesauce: