Roo's Tiger - WIP

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Roo

Roo's Tiger - WIP

Post by Roo »

I had been looking for a nice tiger to stitch for ages, and found this one - 'Tigre Se Rafraichissant' - a lovely looking tiger standing in a pool of water. The finished design will be about 9" by 14". As you can see, I have already made a good start on it, but there's still plenty left to do!

I'm really enjoying stitching with such bold colours as I've done a lot of flower fairies recently, so it's a nice change from all the muted greens and pinks. I'm also really enjoying using a black aida, it's a new experience for me, so again, a nice change - although a little tricky when not stitching underneath my craft lamp!

I hope you enjoy seeing what I have done so far - sorry the pictures aren't great quality - and I will keep updating this!

Roo

Last edited by Roo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Busy_B

Re: Roo's Tiger

Post by Busy_B »

:applesauce: :applesauce: It's looking great! Tigers seem to be popular on the forum right now. I think you're the third one with a tiger :wip: going right now, and my hubby just started on a tiger for his sister last night that I'll help with. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Roo

Post by Roo »

Thanks! Good to see I'm joining a trend! I should have joined ages ago, as I've been looking for one for months, I bet someone here would have been able to make some reccomendations! :roll: I'll have to have a look at the other ones on here - I'm very 'in to' big cat inspired things at the moment! You'll have to post a picture of the one for your sister in law so I can see!!

Incidentally - does anyone know how I can get my pictures to post as they are in my photobucket album - they were the right way up and everything, but for some reason when I've put the image link in to the post they've come out massive and on their side. Help?!!
Rose

Post by Rose »

This is a beautiful picture. On the black material it is goin to be stunning.

As far as the Photobucket thing is concerned I don't use that site but I know others do and they should be able to help you. You could also set-up a link in you signature that we could click on and it would take us to your gallery.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Roo

Re: Roo's Tiger - WIP

Post by Roo »

Aaah! Thanks for the nice comments, guys! I'm enjoying stitching it so much, but also can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!

As for the photo thing - it seems to have magically fixed it - I'm not sure how but suddenly they are the right way up again. And not as huge as they were before. So it seems everything is fine!
Krissy

Post by Krissy »

That is looking great!!

I think I've seen this on Ebay. I've actually got it on my "watch list" with plans on buying it.
http://www.youravon.com/kristinabowser" target="_blank

Current WIPs:
Happily Ever After
Santa's Buddies Stocking
Crafter's Corner Stocking
Princesses
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

This one's really nice! :applesauce: I'll keep watching your progress! :dance: Take care and happy stitching! :wub:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
tattyted

Post by tattyted »

This is looking gorgeous. And wow! You seem to be a quick stitcher! I shall be keeping an eye on this one....
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Lovely work, Roo, this will be a stunning piece when it's finished, it works so well on black. I love big cats too and have done a family of lions in the past. Looking forward to seeing your next update!
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

There's something so compelling about the big cats and this tiger is going to be amazing!
Great progress and looking forward now to following it with you.
:applesauce: :D :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Yup, this is definitely a change from Flower Fairies :-). He's going to look stunning, isn't the effect of bold colours on black wonderful?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
nicgoss

Post by nicgoss »

This looks stunning against the black!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Do you have a picture of the finished product so I can see what it will look like when finished? :D
Nic x

-----------------
Work in Progress

HAED 'Yes'
HAED 'Ballerina Sisters
HAED 'Swans Song'
HAED 'Shh'
Mystic Stitch 'Dawn's Song'
New York @ Night
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

It's lovely, Roo! :applesauce:

I've always had a soft spot for tigers myself - well, all big cats, really, the white tiger being my favourite...

And hawks...

And wolves...

And foxes...

And ravens...

:wink:

BTW - I always admire people who take the trouble to bind the edges of the fabric. I never do... :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Roo

Post by Roo »

Wow, thank you all for your lovely comments! You won't regret it if/when you buy it, Krissy - the colours really are lovely and bright on the black background, it's very satisfying to stitch. Every time you do a little bit the tiger comes to life more and more! :D

I do bind my fabric - mostly because my stitching and I travel a lot to see my other half, who I have deserted to come away to study - binding the fabric becomes imperative as otherwise I think there would be just a few scraps left once I'd finished :wink: This also means I can get quite a lot of good 'chunks' done quite quickly. I enjoy doing my sewing on the train.

I'm so glad to see there are lots of other animal fans - I'm always drawn to anything big-cat-like myself! Thank you for all your lovely comments and I look forward to updating you with my progress!
Roo

Post by Roo »

Oh - and just for you, Nicgoss - I've taken a picture of the cover too, so you can see what the finished design will be:

I'm looking forward to getting started on the water, I think it's going to look really effective. I couldn't wait to do all the lovely colours in his head, though, so I did that bit first, although I usually leave the most exciting bits until last, if I can!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Roo wrote:I usually leave the most exciting bits until last, if I can!
Likewise -- I've learned the hard way that if you do all the exciting bits first and leave yourself with lots of greenery or sand or nondescript beigey background, the project is much more likely to turn from WIP to UFO!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
biggrins

Post by biggrins »

That's looking great so far! :applesauce:
Wendy and her pups
nicgoss

Post by nicgoss »

Wow!! That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!!! (Thanks for the pic)

I'm working on a Tiger at the moment too (with a reflection, funnily enough). Think I prefer yours though! :roll: :roll:
Nic x

-----------------
Work in Progress

HAED 'Yes'
HAED 'Ballerina Sisters
HAED 'Swans Song'
HAED 'Shh'
New York @ Night
nicgoss

Post by nicgoss »

Sorry one more question and this will be the last I promise!!! Is this a kit or chart and who makes it?? May have to get one for my stash!!! :lol: :lol:
Nic x

-----------------
Work in Progress

HAED 'Yes'
HAED 'Ballerina Sisters
HAED 'Swans Song'
HAED 'Shh'
New York @ Night