kerbear879's WIP Fractal 112

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

~threadbear~

Re: kerbear879's WIP Fractal 112

Post by ~threadbear~ »

It's sad the way it's gone, but hopefully things will be sorted out and you can get on with this soon.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

This looks very interesting :dance:
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Well paypal emailed me back today and is going to get my money back for me so that worked out well. Plus I finally got the threads I needed for this project over the weekend so I can start now. I'm gonna try to do a little this weekend just to get a feel for the fabric and what not. The count isn't as small as the HAED project I am doing but instead it's black fabric which is new to me. Crossing my fingers that I don't get frustrated with it!
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Glad you've got a good outcome from all this.
:D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Lara

Post by Lara »

Kerri, did you start this one yet? I'm glad PayPal is refunding your money so you can put all that behind you and have some fun stitching your new project.

I happened across a little trick that might help you with the black fabric. I got one of those Ott-Lites from Michaels a while back (just a small one), and was playing around with it a couple weeks ago. I was stitching in a well-lit room and decided to place the Ott-Lite behind my stitching frame. With my white fabric, what ended up happening is that it made it sort of transparent so I could see if any knots were forming, and it highlighted all the holes in the fabric, which made stitching on my 18ct easier. I tried it a while later under dim lights, and it just gave me eye strain, so having good lighting to begin with is key.

So if you shine a small lamp behind your fabric (not necessarily directly at it -- I had it pointing slightly away), it'll help you see the holes against all that black.

Can't wait to see this one come together! :D
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Thanks for the tip Lara! I haven't officially started this one yet but I do have everything ready to start. I was just waiting for my boyfriend to go back to work in January and then that leaves me a ton of time in the evenings and the weekends to stitch. Will probably start putting some updates of this in a couple weeks! :D
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh I was hoping there was going to be a picture. :( Darn but I will pull up the magic bench to wait for this one to develope.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I'll come sit with you Rose. This is going to be wonderful to watch and I don't want to miss any.

Have some chocolate ... :choc:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

Why thank you that is very nice. Do you like eggnog I have a pitcher here with me. :D
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I love the fractals! I keep drooling over them. I can't wait to see your progress.
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Rose wrote:Why thank you that is very nice. Do you like eggnog I have a pitcher here with me. :D
May I join you both. The eggnog sounds lovely! Care for some spritz cookies?
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I'd like to try the eggnog (not sure I've ever had it, unless it's what we would call a snowball?) and the cookies sound yummy Serinde!
:applesauce: :applesauce:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Lara wrote:Kerri, did you start this one yet? I'm glad PayPal is refunding your money so you can put all that behind you and have some fun stitching your new project.

I happened across a little trick that might help you with the black fabric. I got one of those Ott-Lites from Michaels a while back (just a small one), and was playing around with it a couple weeks ago. I was stitching in a well-lit room and decided to place the Ott-Lite behind my stitching frame. With my white fabric, what ended up happening is that it made it sort of transparent so I could see if any knots were forming, and it highlighted all the holes in the fabric, which made stitching on my 18ct easier. I tried it a while later under dim lights, and it just gave me eye strain, so having good lighting to begin with is key.

So if you shine a small lamp behind your fabric (not necessarily directly at it -- I had it pointing slightly away), it'll help you see the holes against all that black.

Can't wait to see this one come together! :D
Also place a white cloth across your lap and shine the light on the cloth. The reflection will aid you in seeing the holes and may aid with the eye strain concern.
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart