2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Negative :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: !

Will stay for a bit while the cough and complete and utter brain fog clear.

Hope your throat soon improves Arianwen!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

That's great news Mable. There are a lot of people going down like flies round here with it. And hardly anyone has been called in for their next round of jabs.

Hi Arianwen, One of the more surprising concoctions for a sore throat I found actually worked really well when I had Whooping cough was finely chopped raw onion squished into brown Molasses Sugar. Sadly most over the counter sore throat medicines are little more than a large dose of sugar so you may as well just suck a sweetie (neither worked with the Whooping Cough).

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I hope the brain fog goes soon Mabel, took me a week-ish for that, but the worst thing for me is the stamina. I'm close to 4 weeks since picking Covid up, and I still have remarkably little stamina, so don't be surprised if you feel really tired for weeks. I don't have any magic suggestions, but menthol type cough sweets seem to keep me cough free for a couple of hours at a stretch.

Good luck with your symptoms, Arianwen. I hope they dissipate rapidly.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like you are feeling better, Mabel and so glad you are "negative" (which is a very positive thing to say, even though it is backwards :doh: )
Arianwen, it's good to hear from you, but I'm so sorry that its in our Hospital. And sounds like one of the things that seems to be starting up here also. I think things always get worse when the kids go back to school, even if you don't have children or yours are too old for school because they bring it to their parents who eventually give it everyone else. Hope you feel better soon, but until then you certainly have checked in to the best place for recovering.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mr S and I had our jabs (flu & Covid) on Tuesday (one in each arm), which is good, since one of our friends is undergoing chemo for leukaemia and I'd prefer that Mr S didn't get Covid for the third time, really. (I tested positive once, but was asymptomatic.)

Sorry to hear everyone else has been under the cosh while I've been on hols! Hope most are better or improving now.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Perfect Covid Suite is available for Roland and Mr Roland. It can be configured, naturally, in any way that suits you at the drop of a thought. The views down the loch are splendid, and the migrating pink-footed geese and swans are lovely to watch.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I also noticed some Hooded Merganser Ducks hanging around. They dive for their food and are so handsome (the males) and fun to watch. Long migration from this side of the big pond but easy to get to our hospital. They spend the winter in the creek behind my house and just arrived yesterday.

(click on the picture to really see how pretty they are.)
Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Well we escaped the worst of the floods and high winds Scotland has been subjected to....

BUT....
I have now tested positive for COVID :tantrum: :doh:
So far both D/H and I have escaped despite being in close contact recently with the dreaded lurgy.

I've taken up the isolation bed in the far corner....the one with the view over the lake.
I feel grim, headachy and cross so forgive me please if I am grumpy. Which I am.
We had a lovely 3 days away in a nice hotel overlooking the River Tummel.
Ah well it is as it is. :tizzy:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Poor you! At least you are home, but not a nice way to cap off a lovely little holiday! :hug:
Mabel Figworthy

Try and comfort yourself with the memories of your lovely time away, and be as grumpy as you like!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland

Post by Roland »

Wendy, I hope you feel better sooon.

DH’s Covid progressed to pneumonia. (He has COPD so not really a surprise.)

I am now on 2 puffers and an Rx nasal spray. It seems to be clearing me up, but he gave me a Rx for amoxicillin if it doesn’t clear up.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope you feel better soon, Wendy. I got my booster last week, so hopefully I will be safe from it. But home is the best place to be, except of course, here in SCS Hospital!

Roland, hope that DH has a swift recovery and that the meds you are using now will speed up your recovery as well. I got my penicillin vaccine a few weeks ago. And the flu shot. Waiting on one more for after my next mammogram. And for what ever else they come up with to shoot into my arms.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:tantrum: Well! One week later and still testing Positive!! :doh:

D/H and I have taken over that corner by the window overlooking the lake for a bit longer!
Have to say, though, that Dr Tiny Cat and the team of Elves have looked after every need. We have been entertained by a Troupe of Red squirrels who have been running around and turning acrobats in the trees, a Unicorn family were seen earlier this morning and D/H feels sure that he saw a kingfisher yesterday.
The mountain Gorillas, though have kept their distance but we keep looking for them.

This is a Nasty Bug and I was quite unprepared to feel So Very Grotty! :tantrum:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

One of the people at Tracy's congregation tested positive for 11 days. They were fortunate in not feeling too bad, but they were staggered at how long it stayed around for.

Hope you feel as right as rain soon.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry to hear that y'all are still testing positive. As I typed that I thought there is something wrong about positive being bad and negative being good in regards to Covid but then I thought it makes sense that anything that has to do with Covid is backwards. Sending lots of get well wishes and hopes that you and DH feel better soon.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh no, I hope you recover soon.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:52 am As I typed that I thought there is something wrong about positive being bad and negative being good in regards to Covid but then I thought it makes sense that anything that has to do with Covid is backwards.
Carole
No kidding, Carole. Here's hoping that our favourite wombat and Mr W feel much better very soon. :bandaid:
Roland

Post by Roland »

We have not been able to completely shake off Covid symptoms. DH has had 2 courses of antibiotics and I’ve had one penicillin.

Then, I fell off a retainer wall and landed full force on my tail bone. First time I’ve been glad to be over weight. Padding may have helped.

I am spending my time laying on my side with an ice pack against the tail bone. Had x-rays done to see if it’s cracked or just bruised. Treatment is the same, difference is how long I’ll be in pain.
Mabel Figworthy

Ouch! Hope it'll turn out to be "just" a bruise - and that the pain will soon ease!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland

Post by Roland »

DH just ordered me a gel donut cushion and some good Bluetooth headphones. 🥰