Keep safe in the snow, y'all

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Keep safe in the snow, y'all

Post by Serinde »

I guess more of our American and Canadian friends will have a white Christmas this year. Keep Safe!!
Roland

Re: Keep safe in the snow, y'all

Post by Roland »

Right now, the wind is worse than the snow in my area. Lights flash a bit.

We finished everything a few days ago, but Saturday DH is supposed to pick up DS & his partner for Christmas Eve dinner with us. That may get cancelled.
mags

Post by mags »

Looks like it is going to be pretty awful - stay safe everyone. !
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Last I heard from a friend in Rochester, NY at about 16:40 UK time - he said the temperature had dropped 18 degrees F in 6 minutes and it was still plummeting. Over that time the wind had started to really gust and with it came the heavy snow.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m in Virginia for the holidays, but yesterday at home in Fort Collins, CO., the wind chill was -23 degrees F. I thought that was cold and then I saw Cheyenne, WY, was -45F. Yup, that’s cold. Here in Falls Church, VA, it’s 14F with a wind chill of -3. No snow here (although it was forecast) but it rained the past two days. I’m not used to that. At home, it rains for a bit and then stops. I miss my blue sky. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Another friend in Central Massachusetts is reporting a more believable figure of it being a sunny and wet 55F day at 14:30. Ten hours later it was 15F with snow on the ground and wild winds. He said "only Santa could get through that" we are sitting tight.

Here in the UK it is going to be another not white Christmas.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Roland

Post by Roland »

Before the snow started, it rained and cleared up all the snow we had. So this came in less that 24 hours. Temp is about -14 Celsius.

East of us, the main highway was closed for about 285 km.

West of us, pretty much all the highways are closed.

~~~~

My niece was supposed to fly Vancouver to Toronto on the 21st or 22nd. Her flight was delayed until the 27th. Her husband cannot change his vacation time, so they won’t be coming.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Luckly for us we have only had unusually cold (very) weather, but none of the blizzards and howling winds that much of the US suffered. My sister was here for a week from Atlanta, Ga. She was supposed to leave yesterday but stayed one more day to avoid driving on the roads since Georgia had rain with the cold and icy roads, especially the ones with "black ice", are really dangerous. Today is just cold 18 degrees F (-7C) here and 8F (-13C) near Atlanta. Rosey has spent the week sleeping in the middle of my bed during the day rather than her favorite window ledge which catches the morning sun. That is one cold ledge right now and the blanket on the ledge isn't helping much at all.

I expect it is a lot colder and snowier where Roland is. I hope that power outages are not a problem there.

Carole
:cold:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker