Hello again from Florida

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

karen4bells

Hello again from Florida

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: it has been far too long since I have been posting on a regular basis. I apologize for my absence and hope to get back posting more often.
First off, thank you Carole for emailing me and inquiring about how i have been. I have been busy, having two giant trees cut down as well as having a very decrepit shed torn down and hauled away. Also had a couple of teeth crowned, an currently in the process of having a dental implant put in to replace a missing one. Next, getting a replacement roof lined up, and having the bad part tarped a couple of weeks ago. Not sure when the roof will be done, but it should be well protected for now.
Which brings us up to now....now there is Hurricane Ian breathing down right in my area. They still aren't exactly certain where it's due to go, but.....we are near the area that they think it may head. I am roughly 20 miles southeast of Tampa but my area would be one of the last to have a mandatory evacuation. For now, I am watching and waiting!
Oh, and through all of everything else that has gone on, I am getting to the age where I am turning 65 soon, so had to get my Medicare and supplemental insurance lined up! I definitely need a vacation!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

wendywombat

Re: Hello again from Florida

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: :wave: Hi there!!

Good to see you back! What a busy few months you've had...no wonder you've been AWOL! :wink:

:x: That Hurricane Ian blows itself out before it gets to you! :shock:

Take care and batten the hatches if it does come your way. :hug:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw that "cone" of Ian. Starting June 1 and all the way to November 30 I check those NOAA graphs every day. It had been such an easy summer for us up till now. This is a scary one for sure. I've been thru a Cat 4 storm and hope that you are far south enough of Tampa that you will only have to deal with outer bands. I was really surprised when I saw that it has been 100 years since a major hurricane has hit Tampa. Hope you have to wait another 100 years till the next one comes by. I also hope that if they do call for evacuating your area you leave, but don't wait too long. There aren't a lot of options as to where you can go in Florida and the roads will be really crowded. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Uh-oh.
The current track puts Tampa within the area affected. I do hope you're going to be OK.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/27 ... orida-news

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation