'Our Lyudmila

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: 'Our Lyudmila

Post by fccs »

I am so thankful Lyudmila is okay. What a nightmare for her and her country. I pray for all of them, and I’m glad she’s finding some relief in her stitching. Thanks for the update.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

A quick note about Sally (Squirrel). She replied right back to my email. Says she is fine, enjoying "me"time and still goes to spend time with her daughter every Wednesday and sometimes Thursday too. The reply was from her phone, not her computer. I don't know if that is why she is coming onto the forum less, but it may be more difficult for her to use.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mags

Post by mags »

So pleased they are both ok.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

What a relief to know Lyudmila is as okay as she can be in the cirucmstances. I'm pleased to read she's stitching a bit too, hopefully it will help with the anxieties ( although a certain someone being sucked into a black hole would be better news )

I assumed Sally is using her phone at the moment so I would think that's why she hasn't been on the forum, her screen is simply too small, hopefully she'll be back soon.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Glad to hear that both are fine. :wub:
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I can't believe that our Lyudmila and Ukraine has been suffering from the Russian Dictator's invasion/War for 6 months :tantrum:

We hope you and your family are still well Lyudmila, you are not forgotten :wub:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

And Happy Independence Day! My sunflowers are bravely blooming all over the garden. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

as soon as I saw there was a post on this thread, I came right to it, hoping that it was news about Lyudmila. I also find it hard to believe they have been through this horror for 6 months. Wishing them all a Happy Independence Day and praying that next year they will be able to celebrate it with extra special meaning!!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Like Carol, I was hoping to see news of Lyudmila. I can't imagine how terrible it must be to celebrate your nation's independence while fighting an invader. My prayers are with Ukraine.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I just checked on Lyudmila's profile: https://www.crossstitchforum.com/member ... le&u=20420 and she was on line on the forum on 2nd November :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

We are missing you Lyudmila and sending you our Love and best wishes in these difficult times :grouphug:

Jo

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I’m so glad that you did that, Jo. So good to hear that she is still checking in which means all,sorts of hopefully good things. And yes Lyudmila, we miss you very much and :pray: for peace for you all. :grouphug: Sending you lots of love and hope and good wishes .

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 pm I’m so glad that you did that, Jo. So good to hear that she is still checking in which means all,sorts of hopefully good things. And yes Lyudmila, we miss you very much and :pray: for peace for you all. :grouphug: Sending you lots of love and hope and good wishes .

Carole
Excellent news :dance:

:grouphug: :toast:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm glad she had the chance -- not to mention the bandwidth and electricity -- to log in. :wub: :dance:

I've sent a quick message so that she knows how delighted we were that she was able to log on, no matter how briefly. Just wish there was more we could do. :?
Roland

Post by Roland »

Thanks for posting Jo. I never even thought to check.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I thought about her last night. I was at a symphony and at the end of the scheduled program, the conductor asked everyone to stand and orchestra played the Ukrainian national anthem while displaying the Ukrainian flag on the projection screens. The orchestra received its loudest ovation at the end.

So Lyudmila, if you’re reading this, your fellow countrymen have not been forgotten, even up here in northern Colorado.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

The company I work for is flat out trying to do what we can to help. OK, we're only making the boxes, but the contents may help save lives.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
fccs

Post by fccs »

richardandtracy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:44 am The company I work for is flat out trying to do what we can to help. OK, we're only making the boxes, but the contents may help save lives.

Regards,

Richard.
It might seem like a small thing, but all the small things add up.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Dear Lyudmila,

Today in the UK is "Remembrance Sunday" when we honour the armed forces members who have died in the line of duty. I am also remembering the good people of Ukraine who have been forced to take up arms against the Russian invasion

Stay safe , we miss you.

Slava Ukraini!

Jo

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's astonishing that this blasted war has been going on for a whole year of destruction and mayhem. Although, as I am wont to say, consider the alternative; I'm astonished at the tenacity of the Ukrainians and glad that with some help from the West, Ukraine remains a sovereign nation.

I sent Lyudmila an email, but haven't had a reply yet. I'll let you know when I get one.🇺🇦

ETA: This is her reply: "Thank you very much for your kind message. Give my love to all who care."
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Serinde for contacting Lyudmila and for giving us hope with her reply.

The World changed on 24th Feb last year for all of us but that is nothing with how it changed for the good people of Ukraine what they have had to and continue to endure.

Jo