'Our Lyudmila

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

richardandtracy

Re: 'Our Lyudmila

Post by richardandtracy »

Absolutely. And with the Ukraine situation seeming to turn from nightmare into something worse, all we can do is pray that our friend is safe & well.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

wendywombat wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:37 pm Lyudmila is always in our thoughts. Every time I hear the news she is foremost in my :beg:
Absolutely. :beg: :beg: :beg:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Every morning when I put the news on, I say a prayer for Lyudmila and for all of Ukraine, the destruction of such a beautiful country is heartbreaking as well as all the lives lost.

I pray Lyudmila and her family come through all of this safely and can one day return to our lovely forum and see all the support she has here.

Yesterday I was sent a link to a group on youtube called Antyila, they are from Ukraine, I haven't linked it here as it might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's called And You Start, the chorus hits hard:

I'm gonna fight for your freedom, your freedom.
Never ever stop your dreamin'
I'm gonna fight for your freedom, your freedom, your freedom.

These guys aren't just singing words, they have put on the uniforms and are fighting now for their country, they had contacted Ed Sheeran to see if they could take part in the charity Concert for Ukraine held on Tuesday night in U.K., but it wasn't possible.

:pray: for everyone in Ukraine and the brave guys fighting.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Garnet wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:26 pm for everyone in Ukraine and the brave guys fighting.
Every day.

Carole
:pray:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

late yesterday I had the more usual few words. "Thank You Sally Take care/" So as of last evening (Aussie time) all was well,

I think from now on I will post only if there is either a lack of reply or a change in her situation. In between whiles we can take it that she is OK.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Whatever you are comfortable with, but believe me Sally every reply you get from Lyudmila is more than worth your posting it here. I find it reassuring and hopeful and also inspiring that she, like her fellow countryman, are steadfast in defending their country and in showing so much bravery in the face of what is being inflicted on them.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:46 pm Whatever you are comfortable with, but believe me Sally every reply you get from Lyudmila is more than worth your posting it here. I find it reassuring and hopeful and also inspiring that she, like her fellow countryman, are steadfast in defending their country and in showing so much bravery in the face of what is being inflicted on them.

Carole
I second this.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Just in from Lyudmyla a few minutes ago. Thank You Sally. We are ok,''A big sigh of relief n my part after reading on the news some of the happenings as Russian troops pull back from some areas.

WIPS
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Sally, it is always good to hear :)

Sadly Russian tactics of war have changed little over the last century and they do not treat their populations with "any respect" either. The Ukrainians, Polish and other Eastern block countries all know this, which in some small way may account for how they go about defending themselves from the Evil Bear.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
fccs

Post by fccs »

Thank you, Sally. I’ve been worried about her.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Thank you Sally, it's such a relief whenever I hear she is OK, or at least as OK as she can be.
Steam.Jo wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:34 am
Sadly Russian tactics of war have changed little over the last century and they do not treat their populations with "any respect" either. The Ukrainians, Polish and other Eastern block countries all know this, which in some small way may account for how they go about defending themselves from the Evil Bear.

Jo
Completely agree Jo.

The revelations of the past few days are inhuman and unacceptable in today's world, especially when the perpetrators are on the UN Security Council! And have lied repeatedly about their actions.

:pray: for Lyudmila, the people of Ukraine and the brave souls fighting for their country's very existence.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you Sally. I have also bee worried about her. Watching the news is so scary. Whenever you hear from her and she says "we're okay" means that at least she and her family are alive and hopefully in a relatively safe (the definition of safe having changed over the past few weeks in Ukraine) situation. Continuing to :pray: for this to be over soon and for the Ukrainian people to be able to start trying to put their lives back together again.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

One of the staff here asked me had I heard from "my friend in Ukraine so I sent off a note to Lyudmyla and explained one oof the staff here had asked.
The reply from Lyudmyla "Thank yoou for your thoughty and prayers Sally. Ads thank you to all the people who care"

So as if :D :D now she is OK and we can give thanks for that. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally

WIPS
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

again, Thank you Sally. These updates are really important. It is impossible to not keep her in mind.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

Thank you, Sally. The first thing I check on the forum each day is her status. She remains in my prayers, as do all her fellow Ukrainians. I also pray for the Russians who do not support the invasion of an independent country but are unable to express their thoughts. I think many in free countries take that privilege for granted, and we shouldn’t.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:13 pm Thank you, Sally. The first thing I check on the forum each day is her status. She remains in my prayers, as do all her fellow Ukrainians. I also pray for the Russians who do not support the invasion of an independent country but are unable to express their thoughts. I think many in free countries take that privilege for granted, and we shouldn’t.
Very well said and worth repeating.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Each day I visit our site hoping to see a post with Lyudmila's Parrot Avatar smiling back at me. While I wait for that day I continue to hope that life will soon return to normal for her and maybe tomorrow her Parrot will be here waiting for us :) .

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:07 pm
fccs wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:13 pm Thank you, Sally. The first thing I check on the forum each day is her status. She remains in my prayers, as do all her fellow Ukrainians. I also pray for the Russians who do not support the invasion of an independent country but are unable to express their thoughts. I think many in free countries take that privilege for granted, and we shouldn’t.

Carole
I am also echoing those caring thoughts. D/H and I think about those in the Ukraine everyday.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

wendywombat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:43 pm
rcperryls wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:07 pm

Carole
I am also echoing those caring thoughts. D/H and I think about those in the Ukraine everyday.
All of this. I've started a pair of kumihimo braids which will be finished as bracelets in blue and yellow. The pattern is a sort of double diamond, which actually looks rather like a key, which I thought appropriate. Lyudmila is constantly in my thoughts.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

An excellent idea! We see supporting flags and messages appearing in gardens and windows day by day. :applesauce: