2022 St Cross Stitchers Clinic & Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

2022 St Cross Stitchers Clinic & Hospital

Post by Serinde »

No one in the wards at present, I'm delighted to report. The place is ship shape and ready to help all our lovely members. Dr Tiny Cat is once again in charge of all vaccinations and testing. :applesauce:
wendywombat

Re: 2022 St Cross Stitchers Clinic & Hospital

Post by wendywombat »

I took a Lateral Flow test this morning because I felt 'grotty'.
It was Negative...but I still feel 'grotty'
Hopefully it's just a cold. :x:

The positive side of that is I can happily play with my new Lowery Stand in that warm corner overlooking the Loch! :whoop: :whoop:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A great excuse for some Lowery-use :-)

I hope it will turn out to be just a cold but do have another test if you keep feeling rough - our son tested negative at first after grandson had tested positive, then the day after he tested positive as well. (Not saying that always happens of course!)

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and as we were expecting the chap who helps out in the business once or twice a week I took another test (one last Wednesday after hearing that son tested positive [and I had hugged him on Monday], one yesterday because of a hospital appointment) and I'm still negative so I hope that's that. But I do try and test before seeing people, especially as many of the ones I see tend to be in their 70s or older.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Look after yourself Wendy. I agree a few hours stitching with a hot cuppa will make you feel better. If it doesn't work then you will have to do a few more :wink:

I take a LF test any time I am going out and mixing with others.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Several weeks before Christmas I had a cold with laryngitis which was the worst laryngitis I'd ever had. Mostly a stuffed up nose with some congestion. Definitely worried about Covid. No fever and in general I didn't feel sick. It felt like an old fashioned cold , the kind that used to last 3-5 days and now stretch on for 2-3 weeks. I home tested several times(I think this is the same as a lateral flow test) before seeing anyone and tested negative each time. Home tests have become very hard to find here since so many people are using them. I still have several, but have ordered more. Hoping that what you have Wendy is similar to what I had, only hope yours is over faster than mine.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Sunshine and a walk has helped...also feel relieved that test negative. :D
My stitching is set up and I'm about to thread a needle. :whoop:

Thanks for your encouragement Girls! :wub:
Mabel Figworthy

Sunshine and a threaded needle, what more do you need :-) !
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, it's a thought...!
Mabel Figworthy

Well, that cheered me up :-) - I've got a rotten cold (not the dreaded virus, I've been testing for the past five days) and would like to think that saying is true, but it doesn't feel it....
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I think colds are hitting us worse because we've not had many recently to keep the general immunity level above zero. So, when we get them it feels worse.

Do stay safe & get better everyone.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Feel better soon. I had my cold last month. Not fun. I will, however, be over in daily post thread, with a long post about my family :tantrum:

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

First day of my holiday and I test positive for Covid :tantrum: feel absolutely awful :cry:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

:shock: That's dreadful to hear Nicola, sounds like you need a hug :hug: First thing to do is contact work and get them to sign you off sick (no point to loose your holiday if you are not well, you are legally entitled to get it back if you are ill)

Look after yourself, stay warm and find a nice piece of cross stitch to do to keep you occupied. We will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you. So long as you have been jabbed it should be just a bad cold/flu.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Mabel Figworthy

How horrible for you - I hope you soon feel better, and that it stays at the "nasty cold" stage at worst.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sending lots of :hug: and :x: and :pray: that the worst you feel is like a bad cold. I know people who have been so cautious and careful who have tested positive. Do contact your employer so you don’t have to use vacation time to get through this. The daughter of a friend of mine, who is a Doctor, was on vacation and only got tested because she and her fiancé were going on a trip to Cancun and it was required. Totally asymptomatic. Would never have known if not for that. Drink lots of fluids, get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The St Cross Stitchers Covid Ward is one of nicest places in the entire complex, although it does not have access to the S&G revolving doors (obvs). However, you are never neglected, and everything you might need is instantly available to you. :bandaid:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Nicola Main wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm First day of my holiday and I test positive for Covid :tantrum: feel absolutely awful :cry:
Virtual :hug: :heythere: Nicola!

I hope this passes quickly and that you have no lasting effects. :?

Take care, keep warm and I hope that you can do as Jo suggested and get this time as 'a sickie' not holiday!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Another admission to the Covid ward. :tantrum: Not feeling too bad at the moment (DH is pretty rough — also tested +), but have to stay away from folk until about Tuesday. I’m enjoying the day room here, which has a lovely view of the loch and garden. (In truth the actual real-life view isn’t too bad: no loch but there is a garden and there’s a roe deer in the glebe.)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:bandaid: Oh Dear!
This dreaded Covid is just not going away is it!

Do take care of yourselves and enjoy the view.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Lots of :pray: and :x: and paws for you and your DH. Are you able to get the antivirus medication? If taken within the first 24 or 48 hrs it's supposed to help a lot in alleviating symptoms. I hope that you have a light case and that your DH does get better soon. This newer variant is a real pain in the patooky.

While we were gone I also had a bout with the infamous Covid. I was very fortunate to be totally asymptomatic. What is scary though is that if a friend of mine hadn't texted me that she had tested positive, and I had lunch with her the previous day, there is no reason that I would have even thought to test and who knows how many people I could have infected. Felt like 5 days in Jail, but certainly thankful that I never felt ill. Recently my daughter and son caught it from my grandson. My son is Down's Syndrome (56 y.o.) and some of you may remember me talking about him. Lives with his sister about 7 minutes from me. Both had symptoms but not terribly severe. We worry most about David because he isn't vaccinated (to say he is petrified of shots is an huge understatement) and Down's children and adult tend to be more effected than the general public (A study I unfortunately saw and read).

When I got Covid my daughter did a grocery trip for me. I sent her a list and at the bottom added "one of those obscenely decadent desserts that I normally yell at you to not get me would be more than welcome". If someone is bringing you supplies (leaving them at the door) you might think of adding that for you and yours.

Take care. And at least know that you are in the best virtual hospital ever

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat