Haven't stitched much recently!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Haven't stitched much recently!

Post by wendywombat »

:? :?
Since moving, Twice in a year, my desire to stitch hasn't been very strong.
I have been knitting though. I find my day is full of sorting and settling in so by the time I sit in the evening watching a movie and knitting is about all I can manage.
I've even fallen asleep with the knitting in my hands!! :doh: :tizzy:

The only stitching that I have done is taking up curtains...so boring!!
We knew the size and shape of the windows here so bought ready made curtains to fit.
Huh!! Either the ceilings have dropped or the floors are higher! @rotfl:

However I really enjoy seeing what everyone ids doing and very soon I shall unpack my sewing kits and frames and Start Up Again!! :D
Serinde

Re: Haven't stitched much recently!

Post by Serinde »

I think you can give yourself a pass on that. Moving house and getting everything "just so" is exhausting! Knitting is a creative pursuit, after all. And we do have a thread for non-stitchy endeavours, so it must be legal.

Re curtains. Could be... both? :shock: :shock:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Moving twice in one year. During a pandemic. During a Brexit (it still is during that, isn't it). If I were a stitchy bug I'd have gone on a journey for a while too. I think picking up your knitting (I hope you will post progress pics in the "other crafts" section) is a kind of appetizer to getting started on your stitching again. I've had a few incredibly long lapses in stitching and not anywhere near as reasonable reasons as you've had. I saw you are thinking about starting back with Mabel's robin. Great idea. Sounds to me like your "bug" has turned around and is heading home!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

As long as you don't fall asleep on your knitting needles I'd say after all that you deserve to jolly well do as you please and knit or stitch or sew or all or none as you see fit :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Wendy, the stitching bug does need some rest from time to time. You know I am a productive and a fast (wont die of modesty, but this is the matter of fact) stitcher. People think I stitch 24/7, but there are days when I take out the work box with threads, the WIP, the chart, the key... And then put it all in its place when it is time to go to bed- with not a single cross stitched. The day must have been designed for something else, not stitching- Scandinavian walk, shopping, tidying up, looking at other people's WIPs and finishes- whatever. As a rule, the very next day the needle whistles (or whatever it does in English, in my language it whistles) being happy to work again.
Lyudmila
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I am sure that the stitchy bug will return in due course so do give yourself timeto recuperate and get your mojo back. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: .
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262