HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update September 4th*

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fccs

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Oct 24th*

Post by fccs »

I’m glad you’re finding some time to stitch. Progress is progress, regardless how long it takes us to get there. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Corey.G

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Oct 24th*

Post by Corey.G »

Newest update. This gets easier as the kid gets older to work on these projects. She’s now 4 and after doing a few crochet projects I’m back to stitching for a little bit.

I ventured out and did the whole page across. Was nervous af first but I always triple count things and I also printed out the sheet and am crossing it off as I go. Which is new to me. Loving this 22 ct Hardanger. So relaxing doing the background.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mcI8jm5
rcperryls

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update July 27th*

Post by rcperryls »

Welcome Back! It is really good to "see" you again! When you wrote your daughter is now 4 y.o. I thought OMG I remember when you were posting about getting married. Sounds like you are happy to be back stitching. And are making progress. Crossing off or highlighting what you've stitched is something I have to do also. Have you thought at all about gridding your fabric? I only suggest that because as you get into the actual picture design it really can help when the confetti starts. Still, many stitchers do without and don't have problems. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

rcperryls wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:28 pm Welcome Back! It is really good to "see" you again! When you wrote your daughter is now 4 y.o. I thought OMG I remember when you were posting about getting married. Sounds like you are happy to be back stitching. And are making progress. Crossing off or highlighting what you've stitched is something I have to do also. Have you thought at all about gridding your fabric? I only suggest that because as you get into the actual picture design it really can help when the confetti starts. Still, many stitchers do without and don't have problems. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Carole
I have but I also just wanted to get started. I’m a cross country stitchers and over time I’ve developed the eye to be able to look at the pattern and see the pattern on the fabric. So that’s why I chose not to grid.

Also yeah I can’t believe she’s 4 already. Time flies. Also doing full time uni (online) as well as full time job and dad. Hopefully I can just go to school full time in fall of 2023. Take a bit of the load off.
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Feels so good to get these first 30-40 rows done.

https://imgur.com/gallery/R753lC1
mags

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update August 2nd*

Post by mags »

Lovely stitching :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

mags wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:32 pm Lovely stitching :D
I agree!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

New update. Trying to get done what I can before I start school again in September. This is the first 35 rows of page 1 done. Wooo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/C8QstJt
Serinde

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update August 7th*

Post by Serinde »

Good for you. Must have good light!
Corey.G

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update August 7th*

Post by Corey.G »

Halfway done the first page. I have also bought a q-snap and I absolutely love it. Also I have gotten into two handed stitching and it is making things much quicker and easier.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TTmo9eq
rcperryls

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update September 4th*

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: It’s good to be able to adjust to a new system of stitching before getting into a lot of confetti, which I’m sure you will. Two handed stitching is not only faster, but I find it’s much easier on my arm also.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Q-snaps are great tools, and 2-handed stitching is much quicker. You are doing really well anyway, but you'll zoom along now! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:46 pm :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: It’s good to be able to adjust to a new system of stitching before getting into a lot of confetti, which I’m sure you will. Two handed stitching is not only faster, but I find it’s much easier on my arm also.

Carole
That’s what I found is that my shoulder was kinda sore. But I also just stopped and wondered what kind of time I was wasting by moving the one hand around the hoop all the time. Then I discovered there was such a thing called two handed stitching.