Forum log in problems

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Steam.Jo

Forum log in problems

Post by Steam.Jo »

Has anyone else been having problems logging into the forum?

All of my windows devices refuse to show me any pages claiming the site has deceptive content? And if I say load anyway my antivirus blocks a virus and then refuses to show me the page.

Thankfully I have just brought an iPad and that is letting me post this here. (I would like to update my stitch along but that is another challenge)

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Re: Forum log in problems

Post by rcperryls »

I haven’t had any problems on either my computer (iMac)) or on my iPad. Glad you can log in here. The only things I can think of, since I’m not very good with these kinds of issues (and haven’t used a pc in more than 10 years so know nothing about how they work) is to delete the cookies on your computer from the forum website, turn the computer off and on, and/or delete your history. Trying to think of the things I’ve done in the past. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff will read your thread and know what to do. Of course one problem is that if others can’t log in they can’t tell us they are also having problems. There is a FB page for the forum which I think is still there but I haven’t been to it since the last time we had serious problems with the web site. I will check to see if any other members have posted issues.

The process of posting a photo from your iPad is pretty much the same as it from a computer. I use photoimage I don’t think there is an app, but you can save the website to your iPad to make it easier to access it. If you need help let me know and I will do my best to explain how to do that. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem. And hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to give you clearer and better advice.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

If any others of you find that you can’t log in to the forum from a computer because your antivirus program is blocking it, but can get in with either a tablet or phone, please let us know what antivirus you use so assuming this doesn’t fix itself and we need to call on Alex’s magic, it will probably help him if we can give him that information.

Thanks

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

My browser is initially claiming the site has “deceptive content” = phishing. I can override that and then access is blocked by the antivirus.

I'm using advast as my antivirus and it is aborting the connection claiming it is infected with URL:Phishing.

Looking at the site’s cookies there are 4 cookies, they all seem to be allowed.

I have tried accessing with Chrome, Netscape and CCleaner Browser. A Windows 7 and two Windows 10 machines. Advast is common on all of these machines. I also tried from Linux but it doesn’t work with https.

Jo

Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

One observation some of the other regular posters have not been on for a couple of days….. They may not have alternative machines/setups to try. If anyone can email them directly it may be worth trying.

Forgot to say I could last get in on Friday :(

Jo

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I’ve been up on the FaceBook page and Mabel had posted there that she couldn’t get on. I didn’t think much of the slow activity because it’s a holiday weekend here in the States but probably not for the rest of the world. I’ll contact a few others by email. If you have any email addresses please let those members know that we are aware and will do what we can to fix the problem ASAP. Let them know that it doesn’t seem to effect tablets , at least iPads and probably not phones.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

I haven’t had any issues (Mac/IOS user) but it does seem like we went almost a full day with no new posts, so maybe something is going on.

Edited: Carole, your post beat mine by seconds. I see you’re already on it. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I have raised a false positive report with advast for the forum url.

It claims that they will do some analysis and contact me with the results…. Timescale wise it could take several days :roll:

Jo

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I’m using Mac machines, and have had no problem logging in. If it looks like members are having problems — and they’ve tried the suggestions made by Carole — I’ll contact Alex to see if there’s anything obvious on his end, :ribbit:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I think the only other people who have posted since Friday are Sally (Squirrel) and Lydmilla (Podolanka). I'll keep checking FB to see if anyone else posts something up there.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I seem to recall Windows and advast doing an update early Saturday morning which matches the time when we could not get on anymore.

I still have not worked out how to load data onto my new iPad (I got sidetracked with playing angry birds :oops: ). Hopefully I will work out how to do that today - if not I will take my frustrations out with another game of angry birds :wink:

Jo

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

TESTING TESTING 1 2 3

I didn't have my computer on yesterday but managed a quick peek on my phone no problem.
Here i am today ....I don't use Windows but run on a Linux System so not necessarily an accurate test of it :?

Hope any issues have now been resolved. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Good to see you Wendy. Forgot there are a few other operating systems around besides Windows and OS (Apple). I'm glad that you aren't having any problems.

Jo, I think you may have keyed in on something. It could be the updates from one or both or both together that is the culprit. The more info we can gather, the easier (or less difficult) it will be for Alex. :x: :pray: it doesn't take too long to get a fix. I wonder if other websites have been affected also. If it is a widespread problem, maybe Windows and/or the Antivirus programs (assuming they are the cause which might be a big assumption) fix it themselves.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

I hope it gets fixed soon. I. miss our Windows users. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:03 pm I hope it gets fixed soon. I. miss our Windows users. :-)
Me too!

Carole
:(
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

More information for Alex:

The number at the bottom left means something to the advast engineers

Jo

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I’ve been in touch with :alex: Alex. Waiting for a reply.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hurray we're back!!!!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Sorry I haven't chipped in - I could get in on our not-so-smart phone but it is tiny and I really can't "do" forum on it. So glad to be here again, and thanks to Alex for fixing it :stars: :stars: :stars:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

:tizzy: I can get in from both machines as well :whoop:

Well done Alex :toast:

Jo

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Welcome back everyone who couldn't get in.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for Alex coming to the rescue!!!

Thank you!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat