New member - Hampshire UK.

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Steam.Jo

New member - Hampshire UK.

Post by Steam.Jo »

Hi thank you for letting me join :tizzy: .

I'm Jo and I live in Hampshire, UK. I have been doing various sewing hobbies since I was a little girl. It was my Nan who started me as she used to do embroidery and I can remember she giving me a tea cosy with budgies on to embroider. I still have the Watermill black work embroidery that I did when I was about 13 but the rest is long since lost :cry:

Over the intervening years I life got in the way and then I retired and joined the village "come and sew group" but that stopped nearly a year ago due to Covid . But now I have found your forum so I hope to learn new things and possibly contribute :wave:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Re: New member - Hampshire UK.

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Jo and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Stitching is a great way to spend time during a pandemic as well as during retirement. At least I have found that to be true. I hope you do too. I am looking forward to seeing your projects. We love pictures. I have learned so much since I joined the forum and continue to learn new things all the time. If you have any questions about stitching, or the about the forum please ask. Someone is bound to either know the answer or have a good idea of where to go to find the answer. Look forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi Jo and welcome from the west of Scotland! :wave:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hi Jo, glad you made it here :-) :wave:
It's lovely to be able to go to a face to face group, but this forum is a really good... I was going to say alternative, but it isn't - it's a great group to be part of as well as any face-to-face ones! One of the great things here is that suddenly you've got stitching friends from across the whole world. Have fun here, come to the pub (lots of teetotal options as well, should you prefer those) and have a bar snack (no calories!) and choose your favourite view to stitch by (I tend to pick the chair overlooking the sea, but the meadow with the unicorns, deer, puffins and other creatures is a popular one too).
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Hi from me in SE Scotland.
Welcome. I was born in Hampshire, in the Portsmouth area.
You will be sure to find plenty to interest you here.
Face to face stitching groups are great but this is the next best thing during this period of lockdown.
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you for all your kind words of welcome.

I am learning all sorts of new things already: I had never heard that unpicking is called Frogging :thinks: And I now understand that it is not only me that has a STASH of both new stuff and items underway.

I just heard the kettle go so once I have my cuppa in hand and pick up my travelling sewing bag I'll wander off to have a look round the pub and see if there are any free seats.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Roland

Post by Roland »

Hi Jo. :wave: Welcome from Canada.

I’ve never been a part of an in real life sewing group. But I find this on-line group very helpful and friendly.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Jo and Welcome from me i Brisbane Australia where we are having lovely heavy rain which is oh so welcome. Not helpful for hand work all these dark clouds but this is our first real rain for this year so most welcome. My daughter won't have to go round with the hose tonight.

Um we also have a virtual lounge to pull up close and watch a particular glorious piece of embroidery growing under a members needle.

I am currently trying to reduce my quilting stash by getting a few cot sized ones done and ready to give away. Not helped is the addition to the family of a 7 week old miniature pedigree terrier. Boy he can move so fast.
I am looking forward to seeing your works in progress (WIPs) :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262