2021 Quick Daily Posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Steam.Jo

Re: 2021 Quick Daily Posts

Post by Steam.Jo »

:doh: Not good. Look after yourself. I would keep warm and I'd do Cross Stitch :wink:

I had an odd cold the week before Christmas. I never get headaches - I had a headache and felt run down. Daily Lat Flow tests done all clear. Friends who have had covid say the Lat Flow test show positive almost as soon as you add the first drip. If it was Covid then timing would point at my Father giving it to me :roll:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sometimes a cold is just a cold -- you've not been with a lot of people for a long time, after all. I've experienced this myself, and even a PCR test came back negative. If it's Covid, then that's another issue, of course, and the omicron variant is mimicking a bad common cold in a lot of people, so it's good to test -- if only so that the authorities know about spread.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

One thing about not having much contact with people is Not getting the usual colds and coughs. :heythere: We are still wearing masks when we go out and avoiding close contact here with neighbours.
D/H had to do a Lat Flow test before a routine Dr's visit and I will do one before mine later this week.

Spent the 'festive' period happily putting up pictures and sorting things out which just got put any old place. :whoop:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Getting Sorted is quite a nice holiday occupation Wendy!

Roland, poor you feeling coldy and not knowing whether it is Just A Cold - hope everything comes back negative! As Serinde says, it's as well to test and be on the safe side.

We'll be testing again tomorrow before seeing Eldest and family who come out of post-travel isolation then; Youngest will come as well, before returning to London, so we'll have the whole family together for exchanging post-Christmas presents.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Cold? Flu? Covid (which variant?). It's getting crazy. I woke up with a bad cold (sore throat, runny nose, cough and congestion) about 4 weeks ago. The sore throat turned into a horrible case of laryngitis when I couldn't make a sound but could only whisper. No fever and the funny part was that I didn't have that usual achy feeling that comes with a bad cold. I was tired and would take 2 naps a day (which made Rosey happy). It took 2 weeks to get back to normal. I stayed in the whole time thinking it had to be THE VIRUS. Took my temp twice a day and it was it's usual below normal. Then home tested before I would get near anyone and it was negative. Family did meet together for Christmas Eve and everyone isn't vaccinated (I have some incredibly stupid grandchildren - lovable but stupid about vaccines and they know what I think about it). Coughing this morning, so I'll be extra cautious and see if this cough turns into anything other than a relapse of my cold.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:hug: :hug: Take care of yourself Carole.

I too have no patience with Non Vaccinators :roll: I agree with you and your comments. :applesauce:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mabel, can you remind me what it was you sourced from Ikea to make trestles for your slate frame? DH gave me one for Christmas, and I'll need something to prop it up on. I'll also need to rejig my work/crafting space to accommodate it, but that's another issue. :P
Mabel Figworthy

Oooh how exciting! The trestles I got are called Finnvard, and although a little tight when used with an 18" frame, even then one can get ones legs in between. With a 24" or bigger it should be even easier. What size have you been given?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mabel Figworthy

Bother, I think they've discontinued the Finnvard. But this one looks similar, although I haven't checked the sizes,
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thanks, Mabel. I'll get the measuring tape out to see where I might put them (...greenhouse?) :cold:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:17 am Thanks, Mabel. I'll get the measuring tape out to see where I might put them (...greenhouse?) :cold:
Really!! :shock: :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Who knows what projects might blossom there...
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page