Mabel's RSN Certificate - goldwork

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Squirrel

Re: Mabel's RSN Certificate - goldwork

Post by Squirrel »

Still lots of tricky bits to do and I am sure you will manage all the finishing just as beautifully as you have done the actual picture. It looks MAGNIFICENT. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:15 pm Not the back of the stitching as you can see from the mount board and lacing - but they do see how neatly you cover the back with a rectangle of sateen, attached with invisible stitches and with an even width of fabric visible around it, and yes they do check the edges for pin holes :-) !
There is being too OTT and there is the RSN, I guess. :lol: You have done a really magnificent job on this Mabel. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

There is being too OTT and there is the RSN, I guess. :lol:
Yes, that seems about right :lol: I must admit that although I try to do my best with the mounting, I'm not too fussed about points lost on it. The sections of the assessment that are more important to me are Design and Technique. Even so, I try not to be sloppy of course :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

That looks beyond 'professional' quality work to me, Mabel. More like exhibition quality. Just stunning.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 am That looks beyond 'professional' quality work to me, Mabel. More like exhibition quality. Just stunning.
I agree! As I have said previously I remain awestruck with this piece and the artistry you have demonstrated. I'm not sure about whether or not the RSN are too OTT (if that stands for Over The Top?) but there is no doubt in my mind that there is an abundance of OCD operating because it would take a huge magnifying glass to see very many, if any, imperfections in your work.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Magnificent!! :king:
richardandtracy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 am That looks beyond 'professional' quality work to me, Mabel. More like exhibition quality. Just stunning.

Regards,

Richard
I have to agree with Richard....definitely 'Beyond professional' :applesauce: :applesauce:

.....and were your fingers sore after all that lacing? :thinks:
Mabel Figworthy

So here they are, Bruce and Haasje, mounted and with all the pins etc. removed, and ready to be assessed. I've picked two pictures with different lighting to show what a difference that makes. I saw the piece outdoors in bright sunlight when showing it to my housebound friend last week, and wow did it sparkle :-) !
I'll be posting a FoF tomorrow about the whole mounting process.

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Totally and absolutely awesome :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: .
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

And here is the FoF about the mounting process :-)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

How long before you hear back from the RSN?
Mabel Figworthy

wendywombat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:36 am How long before you hear back from the RSN?
Who knows :roll:
Seriously, they have rather a backlog because of the various lockdowns when they couldn't have two assessors looking at work together (which is their preferred method because the assessors can bounce things off each other while both being able to see the work in real life) so I think they are still working on some of the Christmas period ones. So I'm expecting at least a few months.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 am And here is the FoF about the mounting process :-)
Read the FoF and am even in more awe about the process you go through to complete this project.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

I got the assessment for Bruce back today - some fair comments, one or two things I'd niggle with (and may actually ask them about), but on the whole very pleased with an 88% pass!
Haasje was astonished at how well he did :-)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :stars: :stars: :horn: :toast:

Well Done!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :king:

I will be interested to see their comments. Here on the Forum I'm sure that we all think it's PERFECT
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

wendywombat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 am :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :stars: :stars: :horn: :toast:

I will be interested to see their comments. Here on the Forum I'm sure that we all think it's PERFECT
Can I merely add :king: :whoop: :king: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:

(And do ask them about your niggles. Sometimes the RSN gets too big for its collective boots.)
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Well done :applesauce:

As someone who has been an Examiners/Judge for my other hobby I can tell you it is very difficult and whatever score you give it will be controversial. But what is important is that you are pleased with what you have done Mabel and we all think Bruce and Haasje are brilliant :applesauce: :mexicanwave: :applesauce:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Congratulations on a high mark and on having completed such a beautiful work. :applesauce: :rose: :balloons: :hug:
Lyudmila
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Steam.Jo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:04 pm Well done :applesauce:

As someone who has been an Examiners/Judge for my other hobby I can tell you it is very difficult and whatever score you give it will be controversial. But what is important is that you are pleased with what you have done Mabel and we all think Bruce and Haasje are brilliant :applesauce: :mexicanwave: :applesauce:

Jo
The eye of the Judge sometimes a reflection of their own preference and therefore can be controversial as Jo says.

I had a Highland Pony and he was entered into a local Agricultural show. I was so proud when he won First prize as my daughter had worked really hard and getting him presentable. There was a complaint from another Native Breed owner. She said that her pony, who had won several times previously, that she should have won. Her reason? My pony's first appearance at that show. Judges reply was that my pony more worthy of the prize.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm
wendywombat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 am :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :stars: :stars: :horn: :toast:

Can I merely add :king: :whoop: :king: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:

(And do ask them about your niggles. Sometimes the RSN gets too big for its collective boots.)
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I agree and if Bruce and Haasje are 88 % seems to me the judges glasses must have been broken. I know 100%+ when I see it!! And I am always non biased in my opinions.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

wendywombat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:37 pm The eye of the Judge sometimes a reflection of their own preference and therefore can be controversial as Jo says.

I had a Highland Pony and he was entered into a local Agricultural show. I was so proud when he won First prize as my daughter had worked really hard and getting him presentable. There was a complaint from another Native Breed owner. She said that her pony, who had won several times previously, that she should have won. Her reason? My pony's first appearance at that show. Judges reply was that my pony more worthy of the prize.
As a judge I would be looking at how the entrant had presented their exhibit and, if they were exhibiting an item for a subsequent time, how this time they had done better/made it better than the previous time. I remember when a youngster built one of the simplest of model engines from a kit of rough metal pieces (castings :wink:) and he got a gold medal and there was a big Hoo-ha from some of the visitors but the Professional Toolmaker who lost out to him, put them in their place by telling them "the kids done b***dy :roll: amazing, I've had years of experience to achieve this and he can already do that, I take my hat off to him"

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine