Calling all Pros

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sahari

Re: Calling all Pros

Post by Sahari »

:lol: That's what physical shops used to be for, I vaguely remember back in the olden days. :lol: :idea:
Oh yes! Good ol' brick and mortars! And here I am thinking I had come upon a new concept. LOL
rcperryls

Re: Calling all Pros

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:07 pm @Sahari. Ah! now I see what you mean. Yes, I do that on my HAEDs where I stitch by grid rather than cross-country by colour, although I didn't know it had a name. :lol: How exciting. I'm off to the Stash & Grab for a coffee, I'm so chuffed at learning something new! :wip:
I pretty much do the same thing with all of my stitching when the charts are more than one page in any direction. Never made sense to me to end a row or column of stitches because that is where the grid line stopped. I try to "plot" a path on the chart (why using my iPad rather than paper chart has become essential for me) if there is a lot of confetti or different colors in a section. Hope this makes sense.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker