Greetings from UK

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ziraels

Greetings from UK

Post by ziraels »

Hello lovely people,

I'm so glad that I have found this forum. Strangely enough there aren't many active forums for the stitches, which is a shame.

I'm living in the UK with my hubby man and our fur-baby staffie.
I have started stitching at very young age thanks to my wonderful grandma, who had time and patience to teach me all crafty stuff.
My favourite embroidery types are cross stitch, Richelieu (cutwork), hardanger, canvas work and blackwork and beadwork.
I tend to work on multiple project at same time, switching between them to keep things interesting.
Currently I'm working on Memories of Chaos stitch along project from Etsy, couple of my old dimensions kits that I have dug out recently from the bottom of my closet (woodland enchantress & wildflower wreath), HAED Beloved and wedding sampler by Stitchrovia (Etsy).

I'm looking forward to chatting to everyone here :P
Happy Stitching

Mags

I have put some of the photos of my recent work into online album for anyone interested to have a look.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BdNDk3tnvk7pBQiy8
I'm a craftaholic on the road to recovery...
JUST KIDDING !!!
I'm on the road to the craft store :whoop:
wendywombat

Re: Greetings from UK

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Welcome from me in SW France!
I see from your link that you're a fan of the Michael Powell designs! :dance:

Hope you enjoy being here as much as we do! All sorts of things to discover as you will find out as you browse! :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Glad you have discovered us! We are a bunch of stitchaholics and there isn't much recovery going on here as we have more of a tendency to encourage you and to enable activities like stash acquisition when you already have several lifetimes worth waiting for you. Thank you for the link to your photos. Lovely projects. We love photos so am looking forward to seeing your progress on the ones you are working on now.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave: I think we are all revisiting our UFOs, and also thanks for the link -- lovely work you've done.
Look forward to seeing more!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome to the forum! What a lovely range of techniques you do - you'll find that quite a few of us stray from cross stitch now and then (or even most of the time :oops: ) and the forum very generously still embraces us :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Mags and Welcome from me too in very cool Brisbane Australia. Not used to the cold weather and finding it difficult to get enthusiastic about anything except knitting or crochet. At least the wool is keeping my hands warm :)

I love your beautiful array of WIP's and finished designs and look forward to seeing future updates as they happen. I have some of my mother's duchesse sets etc in Richelieu work and one day hopefully I will get to them and get them finished and ready to pass onto Grandchildren as they get engaged/married.:)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hello and welcome to the forum!! :wave:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs