Tired

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: Tired

Post by fccs »

richardandtracy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm Have to confess we don't do that. Instead, as a family we like 'nice little family films', like Minions, Despicable Me, Up, Beverly Hills Cop, Addams Family, any John Candy film, Big, Shrek, you know. Probably scathingly called 'Family' or 'Kids', but who cares? We don't.
Richard, I could totally watch tv with your family and be extremely happy.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:32 pm Don't forget all of the Miss Marple mysteries. Hard to find the Margaret Rutherford ones, but Joan Hickson, Geraldine McEwan and Julia McKenzie.

Carole
:thinks:
Joan Hickson was my favourite. :)
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Here's why I was quiet yesterday. Along with two pieces of work I managed nearly finish the project. Now only the flowers on the left and BS.
Lyudmila
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Lovely -- those owls are so cute.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Absolutely gorgeous. Brilliant.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:48 am Lovely -- those owls are so cute.
I agree completely!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Totally amazing after only a few days of stitching. Well Done Lyudmyla. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: I might just be tempted to do that one in the not too distant future - says she hopefully.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
poppy

Post by poppy »

That was so quick! Beautiful design and stitching. Looking forward to seeing the backstitched finale.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hey Guys and Gals,
GBU all 2.
Just came "back" to the forums today, after what seems "eons ago", to look up information about this way of "stitching backward". In 2022, I will "finally" be starting my 8 afghans for the family. This year is my "last year" of doing my "In Loving Memory" Remembrances. 4 this year, total since 2010, counting these 4, 36. Next year, going to "build" my afghan stand. Probably will take a year to cut, hand sand down, hand rub with bee wax, and peg the "pegs", no nails, the afghan stand.
Yep. this Tn. "lockdown" has made hubby "unbearable" to live with, 47 yrs, 6/9/2020.
Our Senior Citizen Center has been shut down from 3/15/2020 til 8/30/2020. He goes 3 days a week there to play bing. He still does our grocery shopping, we still mow the yard every other week, weather permitted, since 2/15/2020, we have had 2 feet of rain. Going to have 3 days this week also. He is taking "more naps" during the day, after a couple of hours "flipping channels" on the tv.
Me? Clean house "every other weekend", "stiching away" in cross-stitching, on the computer, and reading my 14 different Pre-historical Ice Age author books, Jean Aul, Kathern/Micheal Gear.
Thankfully, we are senior citizens, as I can imagine what the parents with children are going thru. Our school system is "working on a scattered day" school year. 1/2 online, 1/2 "in school teaching". For those who "don't" have home internet, they will be going to our county "hot spots", library, "some business" that have "internet connections", and outside "family members", like grandparents or other older siblings that moved out from their families.
Teachers are also giving out "paper homework" for the youngest students, like kindergarten and elementary age.
K. "Off" to do my "scrolling" of the forums.
GBU and yours.
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hey Guys and Gals,
GBU all 2.
Just came back to let you all know, I found what I was looking for in the forums. I said "earlier" "stitching backward". It was called "reversible sewing". It was on page 101. Instead of "printing" the page out, I just wrote down the instructions on a "index card", yep, they are "still in use". :whoop: :whoop:. Now when I get "started" on the afghans, all I have to do is look at the instructions that will be "clipped" to the pattern.
After a :tea: and :cake: break :wub: I'm going to, "practice, practice, practice, as practicing makes perfect" and to keep Mr./Mrs. :ribbit: :anotherfrog: "at bay", :liontamper: :liontamper: . :roll: :roll: :roll: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :dance: :dance: :dance:
GBU and yours.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hey, crosstitcher1, good to see you. Yeah, things are rough on the new frontier, certainly. My DH spends quite a bit of time "channel flipping", mowing lawns, etc., too. I wonder in TN why it's ok for kids to go to "hot spots" if they don't have internet, but not school...? Anyway, by September, things might be very different (hopefully much better for everyone).

Glad you found the reversible stitching bit you were looking for. Now, you will hopefully show us what you are stitching in an SAL thread of your own. :dance: