Quick daily posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

Quick daily posts

Post by poppy »

This is just an idea as we are all rather bewildered by what is happening at the moment and that the forum is pretty quiet.
We could post a little something every day about our stitching ( or non stitching) Even just a sentence. Just like mini stitching updates.
It could even be :" no stitching but made some yummy soup!"
At least, we can "hear" from each other :)
Would you join me?

I will start :
Two hours stitching on the blue skirt on my Lucy Attwell design yesterday, watching Midsommer murders.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Serinde

Re: Quick daily posts

Post by Serinde »

I'll be adding to the usual threads, of course, but

Nearly finished with the stitching of the Tall Year Square. Can usually tell which episode of Midsomer Murders within 10 sec. Is that a record?
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

No stitching yesterday, but made Chinese spring onion (scallion) flatbreads from scratch to go with our (also from scratch) brazilian chicken curry. No, I don't know what makes it Brazilian :-), and yes, it was definitely fusion cuisine with the flatbreads, but they were yummy!

PS Serinde and other mods, could we make this a Sticky? (And perhaps remove some of the stickies that aren't really added to much)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Not stitched much recently but I have just finished knitting a hooded PURPLE Cardigan for my daughter.

Made Oatcakes at the weekend to go with soup as we are rationing our bread supplies.
Today? Well we'll have to see! :wink:
Mabel Figworthy

Oatcakes to ration bread would be great, if I could get any oats...

Lovely to hear that everyone is Getting On With Life as much as possible!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
poppy

Post by poppy »

[/quote]
Serinde wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:49 am Can usually tell which episode of Midsomer Murders within 10 sec. Is that a record?
Yes, definitively, Serinde! :D Yesterday was about a school teacher, who sleepwalks
We get our money worth, there are at least two murders in one episode
wendywombat wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 am Made Oatcakes at the weekend to go with soup as we are rationing our bread supplies.
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 am No stitching yesterday, but made Chinese spring onion (scallion) flatbreads from scratch to go with our (also from scratch) brazilian chicken curry. No, I don't know what makes it Brazilian , and yes, it was definitely fusion cuisine with the flatbreads, but they were yummy!
I bet the oatcakes and Chinese Spring onions flatbreads as well as the Brazillian chicken were lovely. So much better than anything shop bought.
At least we have got time to bake and cook now. It is 10.24 am and I am still in my dressing gown. :oops: The soup is made, though and I have been in the garden, checking the plants.
Hélène

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

No stitching yesterday, made some yummy soap.
No, scratch that, it wasn't yummy at all, in fact after smelling of strawberries it was a huge disappointment that it tasted of soap. :thinks:

Sorry, couldn't resist that after line 3 of the original post. :wink:
Did actually do about 70 stitches on my Gryff picture, but was so relentlessly talked at by my brats that I had to give up in the end as I couldn't concentrate on the stitching.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 am PS Serinde and other mods, could we make this a Sticky? (And perhaps remove some of the stickies that aren't really added to much)
Done. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Grand Idea! I didn't stitch much but am back to doing jigsaw puzzles on my iPad. I think that there are way more than 2 murders in every Midsomer Murder episode. I've seen them all and have quite a few of the DVDs though between Acorn and Britbox I don't need that now. I LOVE British Murder mysteries and have discovered so many new ones. Also Austrailian and New Zealand ones. Currently am entrances with Miss Fisher and almost through season one. (Much easier to watch murders across the ocean than ones close to home). plan is to stitch some today and start cleaning out closets, but that is not real likely to happen.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Carole, have you tried Shakespeare and Hathaway? Very much in the tradition of British murder mystery series, and some lovely characters. I also very much enjoy New Zealand effort The Brokenwood Mysteries - even though after watching them I find myself saying "ah yis" for days (with apologies to our NZ members)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I loved Brokenwood mysteries and have watched them all and want more! and I will try Shakespeare and Hathaway. I have watched every Agatha Christie several times over. Started the Unforgotten based on my cousin's recommendation. There is what I think is good Canadian mystery called Murdoch Mysteries which takes place at the turn of the 19th Century.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The wonderful Jessica Grimm of the Märchenhaftes Sticken blog is offering Skype talks: see here.

I also confess that I can recognise episodes of Lewis in same time frame. So sad.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a neat idea Helene. It is fun reading through all the posts.

Today I hope to finish the white on white area of Stuffy and get a few more rows of my knitting done. Yes our hot days have left us in peace today and for the next 6 anyway 'so making hay while the sun shines ' and hopefully getting the front of my jumper finished.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m doing some stitching, but also doing jigsaw puzzles on my iPad. Currently I am getting caught up on Doctor Who.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Translating, talking on the phone with daughter, SIL and GD, daily updates on the phone about nothing just to keep in touch with my best friend and classmate who lives in our native town and thus "knows everything" even staying indoors, and stitching in between. My tablerunner with Janlynn's Lighthouses needs two full stitching days to be completed.
Lyudmila
poppy

Post by poppy »

OK, Richard! :roll: I work with 4 year old children and sometimes , I forget to who I am speaking :)

Thank you for the suggestion of other good Murder Mysteries. I will look them up. I was due to be on Jury service at the Old Bailey for the next two weeks...

DH is now into puzzles too. He is doing a serie of Wasgijs, where the picture on the box in not the picture, which you put . for example:
Hélène

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Do you think this might be the time to watch Downton Abbey? :shock: I avoided it the first time. But I see that Spooks is going to be rerun, too. Now, that's worth watching again. :dance:
Mabel Figworthy

Remembering that my mother passed away four years ago today - I miss being able to pick up the phone and talk ove the things of the day with her. "Hi Mum, we're in lockdown now!"

Otherwise, as an online / mail order business we are keeping going with the PM's blessing until the postal services stop working or are limited to essential parcels only (Austin 7 parts don't count as essential, I fear), so work by day and hopefully a little embroidery by night!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:53 am Do you think this might be the time to watch Downton Abbey? :shock: I avoided it the first time. But I see that Spooks is going to be rerun, too. Now, that's worth watching again. :dance:
:lol: I watched it first time around...and have just finished watching it again!! Just :wub: Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess.
Still makes me laugh when she says that she has "lots of friends I don't like" (I paraphrase but you get the idea! )
Even D/H will watch the DVD's :shock:

Today waiting to see if the Postie will collect some parcels, a bit of gardening, still trying to kill off some bamboo that we foolishly planted! :tantrum:

@ Mabel. :hug: for today. You can still 'talk' to her in your head and heart. :hug:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Serinde wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:53 am Do you think this might be the time to watch Downton Abbey? :shock: I avoided it the first time. ...
Depends.
Do you have the faintest interest in the upstairs/downstairs life of an Edwardian great house? If not, then no it isn't. I have little interest in the time (some huge technological developments were happening, but all technology from the time is basically obsolete even though a large part of modern tech can trace its roots to then, but NOTHING of that world is either seen or mentioned) & was forced to endure it because Tracy watched every episode. I still don't care about the characters. Some of the scenery was mildly interesting and I think I could cope with living in the house, but the story... Nope.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation