And what did you get for stashmas?

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kaliii

And what did you get for stashmas?

Post by kaliii »

Good morning and Merry Stashmas to you!

It's 10 a.m. here on a Sunday morning and I've just opened my Stashmas present. Debbie, it's gorgeous. To think it's right from Colorado and travelled all the way to be here this morning, that's ultra cool!
I have to take pictures and post them a little later, because the man here wants to go outside and is rushing the family right now. But I can tell you what it is:

Charts,
1) of the Colorado state flower, the Columbine (never knew of it before). So, it's not only very pretty, I've also learned something about the US ☺

2) mountain peaks from the Rockies, which look really stuning. Now that makes me want to pack my bags, and the travel bug is back again. At lest I have a little piece if that beautiful place here with me.

3) then there are two little extra charts, one with camper vans in different nature parks in the US, one very close toDebbie, anc the other with some sayings.

Debbie, thank you so much for all these great choices! After weeks of crocheting potholders as Christmas gifts I have some beautiful new projects to start with. It really made my day. Stashmas is one great idea!
Sojourner

Re: And what did you get for stashmas?

Post by Sojourner »

Likewise, just opened my parcel from Carole, and exactly what I wanted, 5 pattern books of ships/the sea and cats, enough to keep me out of mischief for a while :lol: plus 2 skeins of variegated thread, which I haven't used before.
Apologies for the image being wrong format, but try as I will, and rotating it during the process, it still comes out downside up :cry: I'll just have to stand on my head to take photos...
Result!! :whoop: :whoop:

WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Oh wow what lovely Stashmas gifts you two!

Oh Tiffany thank you so so much for my wonderful Stashmas presents! I love all of them! The gorgeous Cardinal card, the Harrisburg winter chart and I need to find somewhere good for that Joy hanging decoration so everyone can see it! Beautiful thread colours and fabric choices! I cannot wait to try this maple candy :D You have totally spoilt me! I hope everyone has a great Stashmas! :dance:

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Nicola!!!
Image What beautiful gifts (sorry, mine isn't upside down but it is sideways and I can't get it to straighten either). Beautiful fabric (still in the bubble wrap as Rosey was nosing around while I was opening my package and taking the photo),petite needles and an awesome book on early Hardanger stitching with so much information, beautiful photos and detailed instructions on stitches and patterns!!! And a chocolate bar!!!

Thank you so very very much! :wub: :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

So glad you like everything Carole! :whoop:
Work in Progress
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Love everything is more accurate!!!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:05 pm Love everything is more accurate!!!

Carole
:wub: :wub: :wub:
Work in Progress
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I've sorted out your photos so they are right side up now :) hope you don't mind xxx

Work in Progress
kaliii

Post by kaliii »

Now I can post a photo!

Here are the goodies:

https://postimg.cc/9DPPz8xv

:applesauce: :whoop: :applesauce: :whoop:
kaliii

Post by kaliii »

My original pic is the right way around, I have no idea why the photo comes out like this.... ?? We all seem to have a similar problem.
You have to tilt your head 90 degrees to the right. You can do that, ok? :D
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Nicola Main wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:44 pm I've sorted out your photos so they are right side up now :) hope you don't mind xxx

Many thanks - I'm the world's worse techie :lol:
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yay Stashmas! Thank you Serinde for all the lovely things. The charts are perfect, and I was hoping to get some Arelate Studio designs before she retires in the next little bit. Also, I haven't tried the Etoile yet, so thank you for those as well. :) The bookmark and card are gorgeous ( in Sophia's words as well). Thank you very much!

tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

:( :( :oops: :oops: :anotherfrog: :anotherfrog:
Nicola Main wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:19 am Oh wow what lovely Stashmas gifts you two!

Oh Tiffany thank you so so much for my wonderful Stashmas presents! I love all of them! The gorgeous Cardinal card, the Harrisburg winter chart and I need to find somewhere good for that Joy hanging decoration so everyone can see it! Beautiful thread colours and fabric choices! I cannot wait to try this maple candy :D You have totally spoilt me! I hope everyone has a great Stashmas! :dance:

:whoop: :whoop:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

tiffstitch wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:08 pm Yay Stashmas! Thank you Serinde for all the lovely things. The charts are perfect, and I was hoping to get some Arelate Studio designs before she retires in the next little bit. Also, I haven't tried the Etoile yet, so thank you for those as well. :) The bookmark and card are gorgeous ( in Sophia's words as well). Thank you very much!

You are very welcome! I thought as you loved dragons, it was time you met a wyvern... I love Nancy Spies' designs, and have all her books, too. May you have pleasure stitching him/it/her.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What a lovely Stashmas everyone is having!

And thank you, Kuschelschaf, for a wonderful array of goodies! Do give my thanks to Radar and Darth Kitty for the scissors. And I agree with you about the petite needles and the thread is a colour I don't have, so very useful. The designs are lovely, and the link to your mom is heartening -- when I do the bears, you must do the angels, ok? I use perforated paper all the time, and it's nice to have "spring" colours for a change. The hand-made needle minder is FAB. And my son and his gal thoroughly approve of your potential etsy shop's handle! (They being cat people, too, naturally.) :snowman:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Sojourner - thank you thank you thank you. I was in Cheyenne for Thanksgiving and just got home. Now, I’m one of those people who immediately unpacks and gets laundry going after a trip, regardless of time of day. But not today. Nope. Today I had to open my Stashmas gift and I absolutely love it.

I received a beautiful CCN chart, Afternoon in Rome - it will be a perfect mate for my Afternoon in Paris and Afternoon in London - and a beautiful piece of Lugana. And two postcards from Towcester, which looks like a beautiful town and I think I must now visit. :-)

Oh, and a beautifully stitched Happy Stashmas card - with perfect, tiny stitches. And the paper part of the card reminds me my Colorado flag, so extra cool.

I am absolutely delighted with everything. Howard, you could not have given me more perfect gifts. :wub: :wub:

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

I'm so glad everyone's Stashmas is going well!
Serinde, you are most welcome for the goodies! I tried to keep it interesting and spread the local South Carolina love :) Radar and Darth Kitty appreciate your thanks, as well. :) They're always happy to partake in Stashmas.

I honestly forgot today was Stashmas until I got home from work. I hid my presents so well, that I almost didn't know where they were! I saw some torn wrapping paper and Radar playing with some chocolates, and I found my hiding place by following the paper trail. :D

Kaliii, Thank you so much! I love the maritime kit and the colorful skull! I also really loved the postcards especially the one with the cat. It reminds me of my host family in Germany, one of the cats was called Mietzi. :) I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gifts. I tried some of the chocolate, too and it was really yummy! It probably won't make it until the end of the night. :lol:

Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a fabulous Stashmas everyone had. It will be fun to watch the various new charts come to life under your needles. Well Done everyone :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Part of the pleasure of Stashmas is seeing what every body received!! Plus what the senders have sought out to please the recipient.

WHAT A WONDERFUL SELECTION OF GOODIES!! :whoop: :dance: :whoop: :whoop: :stars:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Wonderful Stashmas presents everyone - as Wendy says, they are a joy to behold!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page