Stashmas 2019: Send List Posted - Mail by November 1st

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

Re: Stashmas 2019: Send List Posted - Mail by November 1st

Post by fccs »

kaliii wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:41 pm To everyone participating: may I ask something stupid about the price limit?
What’s the question? You can PM me if you want.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Package sent!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

tiffstitch wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:58 pm Hi everyone, my package will go out tomorrow. There was massive flooding and road closures in the area on November 1st after a very wet Halloween night. I'm sorry for the delay!
Poor you! Snow is better than rain at this time of year, perhaps? Or just blue skies...!
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Yippee!!!!! Stashmas parcel just arrived!!! Thanks, Carole. (I almost opened it as I'm expecting a couple of parcels at the moment, but noticed the US postal sticker just in time!) Didn't even need to beat up the postman.... :lol: :lol:
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Serinde's package has arrived!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :whoop: Hope it's not to squished... there's a "girl band" in there!

I've updated the list (moderator's privilege). :D
kaliii

Post by kaliii »

So, for everyone who will ever send a tracked USPS package or letter to Germany: the tracking number seems to change when it's handed over to Deutsche Post. So when you search for it, it doesn't show on the USPS site, and at Deutsche Post it says "it can't be found under this tracking no." or so. They don't tell you anything else.

But, Debby!!!! It's amazing! I asked my son to get the mail before dinner - and there it was in the mailbox!!! :whoop:

Yeah! So, it's here, it's safe, it's dry! :whoop:
You don't have to worry, it was a thriller, but it worked! :whoop:

The list can be updated again. :D
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

My Stashmas gift arrived from Germany! My husband sat it out so I could see it when I got home! I'm surprised Radar didn't try to get into it while we were both at work! Now I have to hide it so I'm not tempted to peek LOL :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
fccs

Post by fccs »

kaliii wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 pm
But, Debby!!!! It's amazing! I asked my son to get the mail before dinner - and there it was in the mailbox!!! :whoop:
Oh, that makes me so happy! (I have to say I'm almost a tad disappointed because I was going to go shopping again. LOL). Now after all the waiting, I just hope you like it.

Stashmas is getting real now, kids.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
In my mailbox!!!! A package from across the pond!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yay! And by the tracking Nicola's has landed across the pond, so hopefully not too long to get to you. :)
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Just arrived this morning Tiffany thank you! Roll on December 1st! :whoop:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Not tooooo long now. :P
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hopefully I will remember where I hid the package from myself. Actually, right now I do know where I put it, but whether or not I'll remember in not quite 3 weeks is questionable :roll:

Since Sally wasn't able to participate this year (miss you Squirrel) instead of asking if Stashmas begins for everyone at midnight Dec1 in Australia, how about if we agree that Midnight Dec 1 in the UK works for everyone (including us on the other side of the big pond? :lol:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm Hopefully I will remember where I hid the package from myself. Actually, right now I do know where I put it, but whether or not I'll remember in not quite 3 weeks is questionable :roll:

Since Sally wasn't able to participate this year (miss you Squirrel) instead of asking if Stashmas begins for everyone at midnight Dec1 in Australia, how about if we agree that Midnight Dec 1 in the UK works for everyone (including us on the other side of the big pond? :lol:

Carole
:lol:
Works for me. I always thought it was December 1st in each person’s local time zone. I’m good with anything as I won’t open mind until sometime during the day on the 1st. I’m getting excited. :whoop:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kaliii

Post by kaliii »

I would just love to open it RIGHT NOW! Every time I see it, it becomes reaaallly tempting to take a very very short peek...
If it's inside wrapping paper, it ight be possible. That's what I always think. Did anyone wrap their gifts?
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:43 pm Works for me. I always thought it was December 1st in each person’s local time zone. I
It always has been and every year that I have participated in Stashmas I ask the same question and someone (I think it is usually Serinde, but don't quote me on that) says we have to be patient and wait for our own time zone. And I do. I think. As long as the person I'm sending to gets to open their gifts earlier than me I can manage it. :roll:

Carole
:wink:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I wrapped my gift in brown paper and string! I like the rustic look and trying to cut back on non recyclable wrapping paper.
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 pm
fccs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:43 pm Works for me. I always thought it was December 1st in each person’s local time zone. I
It always has been and every year that I have participated in Stashmas I ask the same question and someone (I think it is usually Serinde, but don't quote me on that) says we have to be patient and wait for our own time zone. And I do. I think. As long as the person I'm sending to gets to open their gifts earlier than me I can manage it. :roll:

Carole
Sounds like something I'd say! :lol: And in this household, 1 December is about the only safe not-spoken-for day between 23 Nov and 7 Dec, so I take advantage!
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

rcperryls wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Carole
Well Carole I'll probably open your gift at 8am on the 1st, which I guess would be 1am? your time - in any event I'll PM you straight away :D
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene